It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

patrikc: I highly suggest you read a bit more, rather than jump to silly conclusions and accusations. Mind and measure your words, it's a wise thing to do, whether online or not.
Witch2Gog6: How swift to the word-salad ad hominem. (Yawn.) Seems that is all you've got. So you are a marketer paid to hide your identity as a marketer while marketing. Good luck with that hustle. Hope you get hired for it. Cannot say I want you to remain employed, though, if I'm honest.

Just like you asked: "Can you please be more specific? I'm not quite sure I'm following you. Are you angry at [something]?" Right back at ya.
As I said, do take a few moments and read, rather than spout nonsense. No one can take you seriously if you keep going like this.
nightcraw1er.488: It’s been systematically proven over and over, it’s bad at every level.
toxicTom: See?
Any other thread, the thousands of YouTube videos, endless posts by various people. I have posted pages myself on why it is bad, covering bugs, places where things don’t match the hype, promised content which is not there, videos of side by side comparisons to each of the main competitors etc. There is obviously no way to convince you.
Lifthrasil: Both points are true. GOG wasn't that transparent with numbers. And the down-turn of GOG was accompanied by the departure of the engaged, idealistic part of the staff.
toxicTom: Question is, why did that happen? Is it just "natural wear" after working on the same things for years? Or did the work climate degrade so bad?
It also seemed to happen around the Social Media out-rage out of nothing event/s. Both times GOG got more quiet, but more so after the most recent one as we had a pretty active staff member on the forum at that time.

Going by that I'd say the higher-ups at GOG/CDPR decided it was best just to not let the staff say anything.
nightcraw1er.488: There is obviously no way to convince you.
No there isn't. Because we have completely different approaches. You judge the game by what it isn't (but should/could have been), I judge by what is there. I'm currently playing it, so this isn't out of thin air.

And what is there simply is not "bad at every level". That's simply not true. There is tons of really good stuff in there. Of course if you expected something else (like most people, me included) you have every right to be disappointed.

Like when you see a movie that was advertised as an action spectacle, but instead get a drama, the movie can still be really good objectively. Maybe it was falsely advertised, maybe you simply don't like drama, only action, the inherent quality of the movie is still there - nobody forces you to like it.

Like I wrote, if the game had appeared out of the blue by an unknown developer, without all the hype surrounding it, people would have loved it (minus the bugs, of course). It simply is a pretty good game in many regards. Not so much in some areas (driving..., oof).

Have you actually played the game? Or is your "evidence" purely "angry people on the internet"?
GalvanicQuas: Going by that I'd say the higher-ups at GOG/CDPR decided it was best just to not let the staff say anything.
Some of us still remember the events of December 2018. Being between the hammer and the anvil is not quite easy. So, it makes sense that employees have to be in line with the general trajectory of the company. Consider also the stroke policy. All in all, speaking your mind openly is difficult, no matter how you put it.
patrikc: Some of us still remember the events of December 2018. Being between the hammer and the anvil is not quite easy. So, it makes sense that employees have to be in line with the general trajectory of the company. Consider also the stroke policy. All in all, speaking your mind openly is difficult, no matter how you put it.
Of course, and if that is the reason why communication with staff dropped, considering certain actions that a certain website took then you can totally understand why GOG said or why staff opted to keep contact to a minimum.

But there could also be no reason behind it all all. GOG has never been great at communication with its userbase, especially when it comes to website/forum issues/designs let alone in general off topic back and forth with users. Even back when they used to do it it wasn't all that often.
Lifthrasil: Both points are true. GOG wasn't that transparent with numbers. And the down-turn of GOG was accompanied by the departure of the engaged, idealistic part of the staff.
toxicTom: Question is, why did that happen? Is it just "natural wear" after working on the same things for years? Or did the work climate degrade so bad?
I guess it's a combination of the latter and the shifting company policy, which probably didn't sit well with the employees that actually cared about GOG's advertised principles. I know I would have left GOG, if I had been an employee, after they turned their back on being a principled, pro-customer company.

Then there were some outrages, where lower employees tend to catch the heaviest blow. Up to being sacrificed to appease the POOP (perpetually offended outrage people). All in all I can imagine that GOG isn't a nice company to work for anymore. At least not compared to the time when they were a small, (pretend-)idealistic startup.
GalvanicQuas: But there could also be no reason behind it all all. GOG has never been great at communication with its userbase, especially when it comes to website/forum issues/designs let alone in general off topic back and forth with users. Even back when they used to do it it wasn't all that often.
I would say GOG lacks when it comes to communication. Some blues are willing to interact, but when the heat is on I feel they suddenly fall silent. Perhaps a lack of answers and solutions, or maybe a certain code they have to abide by. I would like to have some of my questions answered, so far no luck, unfortunately.
patrikc: I would say GOG lacks when it comes to communication. Some blues are willing to interact, but when the heat is on I feel they suddenly fall silent. Perhaps a lack of answers and solutions, or maybe a certain code they have to abide by. I would like to have some of my questions answered, so far no luck, unfortunately.
We all have questions we would love GOG to answer.

One of my burning ones at the moment is when is the purple dot going to be fixed?

As I have to run that console script every time I get a reply now.

But they will never answer that or anything like that unfortunately. I'd love it if they did a Q&A type thing with the community.
GalvanicQuas: We all have questions we would love GOG to answer.
Understandable.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/check_these_facts_and_numbers_about_gog_fc178/post210
Nothing but silence up to this point.
patrikc: Nothing but silence up to this point.
And that's most likely all it will be.

GOG don't really like answering questions along those lines. People have been asking GOG about their broken forum for years and they have not said anything more on it. The last time a GOG staff member did comment on it was several years ago when they said they were working on a re-design that involved removing the rep system. Yet here we are and nothing has changed, in fact its gotten even more broken.

But by all means keep asking them, but just don't expect a response.
GalvanicQuas: One of my burning ones at the moment is when is the purple dot going to be fixed?
I wouldn't hold my breath...

I also think there rather will be re-launch with a new forum (the old one is said to be very unmaintainable code-wise) some day, and with Galaxy integration. And I really hope they don't screw it up completely - I still don't like the front page, and the review section also has a lot of issues.
So it's probably better they take their sweet time for it - there's enough broken stuff around here.
toxicTom: I wouldn't hold my breath...

I also think there rather will be re-launch with a new forum (the old one is said to be very unmaintainable code-wise) some day, and with Galaxy integration. And I really hope they don't screw it up completely - I still don't like the front page, and the review section also has a lot of issues.
So it's probably better they take their sweet time for it - there's enough broken stuff around here.
I'm expecting it to just be magically fixed one day. Much like my avatar vanishing when on the forums on the top bar was and the favicon not showing when I was logged in were. (Both of those issues lasted for several months.)

I love the optimism there but of course its going to be broken upon launch. This is GOG we are talking about here, that is of course if it ever actually happens.

And also I still hate the main site was well. But hey at least we eventually got them to remove the auto-playing videos from it though.
If gog are hiring politically correct staff and pretending the forum is an extension of Reddit then the word retarded can be thought of as a canary in the goldmine and this plus some of their social media output is a concern.
Who knows how much of gogs current problems were inside jobs.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by §pectre
I thought I'd keep a record of games I would definitely have bought, were it not for the boycott.

GAMES NOT BOUGHT IN 2021
(1) 18/1/21: Dread Nautical - $10
(2) 18/1/21: Operencia: The Stolen Sun - $15
(3) 29/1/21: Way of the Samurai 3 Deluxe - $2.5
(4) 29/1/21: Way of the Samurai 4 + DLC - $3.5
(5) 10/2/21: Drakensang - $3
(6) 10/2/21: Commander Keen Complete Pack - $1.5
(7) 10/2/21: XCOM 2 - $4.5
(8) 26/2/21: Cardaclysm: Shards of the Four - $9
(9) 22/3/21: Raji: An Ancient Epic - $12.5
(10) 30/3/21: Worms World Party Remastered - $2
(11) 2/4/21: Steel Rats Original Soundtrack - $1