It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fronzelneekburm: Guise, did you see the recent Good News!™ thread?

All of these wonderful numbers can really only mean one thing.

We're winning, folks! They'll cave in any day now! They'll release Devotion and Detention! They will be forced to redact their dumbfuck "many messages from gamers" tweet and issue a grovelling apology! They will remove the Galaxy-exclusive singleplayer content from Cyberpunk 2077! Instead of selling Epic games through Galaxy, they'll chad up and force Epic to sell gog games! They'll strike a deal with Valve and release the DRM-free premiere of Half-Life 2 (it's already DRM-free on Steam, but - shhh! - not too many people realise that). I can't exactly remember the rest of the demands, but I'm sure they'll do all that stuff as well!

ONWARDS, FELLOW BOYCOTTERS, ON OUR MARCH TO VICTORY!
I'm not sure if this is intended to be (self) ironic or not.

If not is might be biased by all this circle jerk going on in here.
It could be utter frustration too, because the earth didn't stopped to spin when it was told to stop.

For the sake of sanity I hope it is intended to be ironic or at last sardonic.
Post edited April 28, 2021 by randomuser.833
PirroEpirote: Getting up to date with the thread, and it seems GOG has chosen to ignore this (the Devotion debacle in particular). Just acknowledging they messed up, or at least that there's a legitimate concern, would have been a welcome step. Unsurprising but still disappointing. Well, no purchases from me then.
Anyway, thanks Time4Tea and other users for giving a voice to our concerns and keeping the thread updated.
Time4Tea: Are you joining the boycott? Should I add you to the list?
Sure, no problem. Though I was done with buying on GOG since the Devotion fiasco, I asked to be put on the "sympathetic" list in order to avoid snark from the Pooh Defense League should I reconsider my decision in the future. But frankly I shouldn't care about sophistry from censorship-enablers, so you can add me to the "full boycott" list. Thanks again for your time.
Full boycott it is then.
fronzelneekburm: Guise, did you see the recent Good News!™ thread?

All of these wonderful numbers can really only mean one thing.

We're winning, folks! They'll cave in any day now! They'll release Devotion and Detention! They will be forced to redact their dumbfuck "many messages from gamers" tweet and issue a grovelling apology! They will remove the Galaxy-exclusive singleplayer content from Cyberpunk 2077! Instead of selling Epic games through Galaxy, they'll chad up and force Epic to sell gog games! They'll strike a deal with Valve and release the DRM-free premiere of Half-Life 2 (it's already DRM-free on Steam, but - shhh! - not too many people realise that). I can't exactly remember the rest of the demands, but I'm sure they'll do all that stuff as well!

mrkgnao: It's amazing how much people can be impressed by statistically manipulated numbers.
GoG is run by liars and nothing they say should be believed.
patrikc: Full boycott it is then.
For some reason I can only read this post in Emperor Palpatine's voice :D
patrikc: Full boycott it is then.
Breja: For some reason I can only read this post in Emperor Palpatine's voice :D
Unlimited power!
low rated
randomuser.833: I'm not sure if this is intended to be (self) ironic or not.
I like ambiguity, so let's leave that mystery unanswered for the time being.

On the other hand, I am quite certain that your defeatist attitude is 100% sincere and unironic. I find this sad.
Another year, another boring Star Wars sale featuring all the shit most of us bought over half a decade ago when it was first released here.

They're not making this boycott terribly difficult, are they? No Episode I TPS to lead us into temptation... hell, not even freakin' Yoda Stories!

Guess I'll work on that backlog and try to actually finish Mysteries of the Sith...
fronzelneekburm: All of these wonderful numbers can really only mean one thing.

We're winning, folks! They'll cave in any day now!
You sarkasm is not really constructive for the topic. You can be for a boycott or against a boycott. You can have a problem with things GOG as a company does or does not or you can be fine. We can agree and disagree but hey we don't need to make fun of either side and point of view. It's just a f*cking store selling games. We don't fight over our prefered groceries store either so why fight over an online game store.

mrkgnao: It's amazing how much people can be impressed by statistically manipulated numbers.
Now I am interested in some evidence for number manipulation.
Post edited April 29, 2021 by The_Puppet94
The_Puppet94: Now I am interested in some evidence for number manipulation.
Unfortunately I havent read the related thread (yet?) so I dont want to write much about it:

In general 2020 was Corona year. Gaming probably benefited from that. So it is to be expected that GOG also benefited from this.

Looking at the first page with numbers - the "Audience growth" page. Far as I understand the wording it uses "monthly activity" of Dec-2020 vs Dec-2019. Now we already know that there was a special event (Cyberpunk release) in Dec-2020. So instead of trying to statistically remove this special event (like its usually done for proper financial reporting) their numbers specifically target exactly this special event by making it a "monthly" comparison. If they would honorably give numbers they could have made a year-minus-Cyberpunk-phase vs year-minus-Cyberpunk-phase comparison which would mostly remove the Cypberpunk special effect.

On the same page the "new user registrations" isnt properly clear what it means so its hard to say much about it. Does that include spammers and bots for example? Its also a relative number which isnt very useful if we dont know what it relates to.

Edit: Changed 'December' to 'Cyberpunk-phase' to consider preorders
Post edited April 29, 2021 by Zrevnur
My accountant also came up with some numbers and he was wrong. Not by that much, but still wrong. He got an earful from his boss. So you see, anyone can play around with numbers, not everyone will come up with the real numbers.
low rated
randomuser.833: I'm not sure if this is intended to be (self) ironic or not.
fronzelneekburm: I like ambiguity, so let's leave that mystery unanswered for the time being.

On the other hand, I am quite certain that your defeatist attitude is 100% sincere and unironic. I find this sad.
Something else then an unironic attitude to this thread would require a lot of faith in humanity.

And to be honest, if somebody would ask me for an current example for circle jerking. This thread would be very high on my list.
Maybe even with some self gas lighting mixed in. At last sometimes that shines through when it comes to the "everything gog says must be a lie" part, you can break the last post down to.
The_Puppet94: Now I am interested in some evidence for number manipulation.
Zrevnur: Unfortunately I havent read the related thread (yet?) so I dont want to write much about it:

In general 2020 was Corona year. Gaming probably benefited from that. So it is to be expected that GOG also benefited from this.

Looking at the first page with numbers - the "Audience growth" page. Far as I understand the wording it uses "monthly activity" of Dec-2020 vs Dec-2019. Now we already know that there was a special event (Cyberpunk release) in Dec-2020. So instead of trying to statistically remove this special event (like its usually done for proper financial reporting) their numbers specifically target exactly this special event by making it a "monthly" comparison. If they would honorably give numbers they could have made a year-minus-Cyberpunk-phase vs year-minus-Cyberpunk-phase comparison which would mostly remove the Cypberpunk special effect.

On the same page the "new user registrations" isnt properly clear what it means so its hard to say much about it. Does that include spammers and bots for example? Its also a relative number which isnt very useful if we dont know what it relates to.

Edit: Changed 'December' to 'Cyberpunk-phase' to consider preorders
We can agree that 2020, was a special year for gaming due to corona, and for GOG probably because of Cyberpunk2077. I don't know any numbers showing how many people jumped the GOG wagon because of Cyberounk and bought it here "to support CDPR" instead of buying it somewhere else (where they usually buy there games).

IMO this "buy CP2077 at GOG to support CDPR" was a big marketing stunt, as almost everything related to that game, and for some reason I doubt it was that successful and made that many people consider GOG instead of another platform (when they usually buy there and not at GOG). But I don't know real numbers so it's just my thoughts on that.

A bigger number increase in 2020 (due to corna) on any gaming platform is no surprise for me and not really a number manipulation, when the whole year you try to cover with your statistic is a outlier well than it is what it is. I wouldn't expect a similar growth next year and I definatly wouldn't be surprised if overall gamer numbers go down again 2021/22 when the pandemic is under control.

patrikc: My accountant also came up with some numbers and he was wrong. Not by that much, but still wrong. He got an earful from his boss. So you see, anyone can play around with numbers, not everyone will come up with the real numbers.
Never trust any statistic you haven't faked yourself.
I have just got some figures in, look forward to hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.

Number of users boycotting: +6073%
Lost sales due to boycott per capita revenue: +265%
Happy Cyberpunk 2077 customers since 2020: -6.1million
randomuser.833: Something else then an unironic attitude to this thread would require a lot of faith in humanity.
Being a little melodramatic, aren't we?

If a little consoomer revolt is enough for you to make you loose your faith in humanity, you really should go out more.