It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Johny.: Configurable (including manual) sorting would be of great use.
It would be great if we could set some favourites, which do not vanish from the list. Because of certain reasons I am having a lot of conservations with tons of people and the limit of people being shown in the chat list is 200. Which is really annoying since that often leads to me not being able to find a conversation with someone I normally talk regularly to, just because there was a short period of silence. Meaning I once again need to open that conversation up by the avatar hovering thing. Which is even more annoying when it happens with people you can't open a chat with normally since they had a username change that now includes a _ which still breaks the conversation and wishlist function.
Johny.: Hello dear users. This info may interest you or even make some of you happy, and since it is blocking-related I will put it here.

We have changed conversation/contact list order on GOG.com chat page. It's sorted based on these criteria now: User not blocked, There are unread messages, Is user online, Last activity

In other (more human) words: Unread on top (whether online or offline - yay), then online, offline - and blocked users on the very bottom with "Blocked" info (yay2). The rest is ordered by last message time.

Some of you may notice that in some browsers message text looked blurred sometimes - that's fixed.
Nice to see it's progressing slowly.
I rarely use the 'chat' feature (why not call it PM?), but one thing I'd appreciate that shouldn't take more than five minutes would be a clear indicator as to who you're sending the message to. If you 'start a new conversation' with someone that's offline (might also be the case with online users, haven't tried) they appear at the top of the list for a second and then disappear to wherever the weird sorting decides they should be.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Three more things:
- Could we please get back basic user info, like registration date and rep? Sooner than soon™?
- How difficult is it to have usernames display in non-capital form? It'd make it harder for impersonating accounts to exploit the chat system.
- Any chance of blocking users via their avatar pop-up menu or via a function similar to the "Invite New Friend" one? It makes no sense to add them to one's contacts list first.
And if I may add one more to the list:
- How about finally getting our lost PMs back?
mrkgnao: And if I may add one more to the list:
You still believe that will ever happen?
HypersomniacLive: Three more things:
- Could we please get back basic user info, like registration date and rep? Sooner than soon™?
- How difficult is it to have usernames display in non-capital form? It'd make it harder for impersonating accounts to exploit the chat system.
- Any chance of blocking users via their avatar pop-up menu or via a function similar to the "Invite New Friend" one? It makes no sense to add them to one's contacts list first.
In some countries losing a parliament member or two would be considered a good thing.
HypersomniacLive: Unread should stay at the top, no matter what.

Options as to the order are very welcome. My biggest gripe with this online/offline nonsense is that people I haven't talked to in ages or don't talk to frequently keep jumping to the top; an option to switch this behaviour off would be very much appreciated.

Three more things:

mrkgnao: Handy for what? I find it utterly footy.
HypersomniacLive: ^ So much this.
I don't really have anything to add, I just thought I'd chip in to add another voice to these truly excellent points.
moonshineshadow: You still believe that will ever happen?
Well no one ever thought anything would ever improve with the Chat system. So this first step has renewed hope for some other rather important things like our lost PM messages. :)
moonshineshadow: You still believe that will ever happen?
Not really, but it doesn't mean I'm going to let GOG forget about it.
Hello dear Johny. Thank you for the update!
I'd like, however, to point out what HypersomniacLive said.
I told you this wasn't a bad idea.. ; p
I'm still waiting for an optional two factor authentication.
blotunga: I'm still waiting for an optional two factor authentication.
Oh yeah, this seems like a good idea.
I just wanted to highlight that word because it's quite important. I am perfectly content with just using a password manager to generate and save a really long and complicated password. Others might want something else, which is fine.
elendiel7: I just wanted to highlight that word because it's quite important. I am perfectly content with just using a password manager to generate and save a really long and complicated password. Others might want something else, which is fine.
ditto
elendiel7: I just wanted to highlight that word because it's quite important. I am perfectly content with just using a password manager to generate and save a really long and complicated password. Others might want something else, which is fine.
Passwords can be spoofed. There are keyloggers or other means of getting them. I prefer 2FA
Post edited January 05, 2016 by blotunga
blotunga: Passwords can be spoofed. There are keyloggers or other means of getting them. I prefer 2FA
Which is why optional is stressed. My nearest email program is on the other side of the building. I'm not hauling my ass over there every time I log on. Sorry! :P