It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi i can't install GOG on my PC because always api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing.
Someone know how to fix it?
I did windows update
I tried to download it but it stops at 90%~ i dont know why.
Google says this. Also search for the post by "GoneToPlaid" for additional insight.

It took me less than 10 seconds to find... : /
Well i tried this before i said this post and it didn't work
VC stops at 90%
I tried to uninstall and install and always the same
WspJakub: Hi i can't install GOG on my PC because always api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing.
Someone know how to fix it?
I did windows update
I tried to download it but it stops at 90%~ i dont know why.
Try the instructions of the following link:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2/post3850
I've got or i tried this.
When im instaling VS it stoped always at "Processing Windows7_MSU_x64"

Its not installing cuz of 0x80070642
Post edited May 12, 2016 by WspJakub
refresh
In short the runtimes for the VS2015 need to be installed. I can't install this package either to be honest.

Supposedly you can resolve it if you have SP1 for Windows 7, or if it's windows 8/8.1/10, etc.

One option is I have an extracted copies of the DLL's which you can just drop into the bin/exe folder of the games. I've done this and gotten the newest version of PCSX2 to work for me.
Can you explain me how to do it step by step please?
How i did it was:

1) Download the <span class="bold">Visual C++ Redist Installer V38a</span> installer. This installer has all the individual installers for a lot of runtimes. It also has the dll's extracted.
2) Extract using 7zip (right click, use 'extract to Visual C++ Redist Installer V38a/')
3) Go to the runtime set you are missing (probably vs2015), make sure to get the 32bit or 64bit versions based on the version of the program you have.
4) copy the dll's to the bin/executable folder where they are located for your game/program.
4b) Alternatively you COULD copy these to your sys and sys64 folders, then you don't have to do this per program.

http://net2ftp.ru/node0/ftp@grr.la/tools/Public/Visual C++ Redist Installer V38a.exe
Hashes:
CRC32: F1095D38
MD5: FD1CB55A14570ED3562E9F25C3E7BC30
SHA-1: 6C85C2485315BD499666B731BA228326DA32F692

note: I didn't download it from here, but the hashes match against the one i got, so i am sure they are the same file, plus they compare identically using cmp.

edit: Added links for just the raw dll's. Less work. 7z format. and [url=https://rtcvb32.000webhostapp.com/zips/vs_x64_2015.7z]64bit as appropriate

edit2: site changed, not sure about the ftp server anymore...
Post edited November 11, 2017 by rtcvb32
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 is what you want to download and install if you are missing that particular dll.
jonwil: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 is what you want to download and install if you are missing that particular dll.
Except the error 0x80070642 or something crops up. We can't install it. It just doesn't happen. Tried multiple times.
rtcvb32: How i did it was:

1) Download the <span class="bold">Visual C++ Redist Installer V38a</span> installer. This installer has all the individual installers for a lot of runtimes. It also has the dll's extracted.
2) Extract using 7zip (right click, use 'extract to Visual C++ Redist Installer V38a/')
3) Go to the runtime set you are missing (probably vs2015), make sure to get the 32bit or 64bit versions based on the version of the program you have.
4) copy the dll's to the bin/executable folder where they are located for your game/program.
4b) Alternatively you COULD copy these to your sys and sys64 folders, then you don't have to do this per program.

http://net2ftp.ru/node0/ftp@grr.la/tools/Public/Visual C++ Redist Installer V38a.exe
Hashes:

note: I didn't download it from here, but the hashes match against the one i got, so i am sure they are the same file, plus they compare identically using cmp.
Omfg dude this worked

I've been googling and fiddling for hours
rtcvb32: How i did it was:

Hashes:

Um... yeah, I'd want to download Microsoft's official C++ redistributables off of the back of a pickup truck in Russia ....

Seriously, the only place anyone should be downloading official Microsoft installers is directly from Microsoft.com, not from random websites potentially infected with malware.
a_st0ne: Omfg dude this worked

I've been googling and fiddling for hours
Glad to hear :)

skeletonbow: Um... yeah, I'd want to download Microsoft's official C++ redistributables off of the back of a pickup truck in Russia ....

Seriously, the only place anyone should be downloading official Microsoft installers is directly from Microsoft.com, not from random websites potentially infected with malware.
Workarounds are NEVER done/supported by the original distributor/author. The original file i got wasn't from Russia, however i lost track of that link and instead found the filename and matched the file's hashes ensuring they were identical.

But keep in mind, this is a workaround. Not the proper solution. I wouldn't have come across this solution if i COULD have used the official redistributables. Since i can't, this is what i end up using. Be it for Starbound, PCSX2, or other games/programs that i would be otherwise cut off from.
rtcvb32: Workarounds are NEVER done/supported by the original distributor/author.
Not entirely true. Sometimes, when a piece of software (or hardware!) has a bug, and that bug hasn't been fixed, the original distributor does suggest a workaround.

For example, when there is a security flaw that hasn't been patched, sometimes there is a way to mitigate or eliminate the danger. For example, when Heartbleed was a threat, the risk could be eliminated by recompiling OpenSSL without TLS heartbeat support (which happens to be easy for the end user to do on Gentoo GNU/Linux, but not so easy on other distributions).

Another example: I mentioned hardware. Well, sure enough, there are plenty of errata issued for modern CPUs; quite often, a kernel will need to add extra code to work around such issues. One famous example was the Pentium FDIV flaw; certain division operations would give incorrect results.