It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
elcook: Yes, I haven't given any updates to you guys, as I'm still waiting for proper info and timeline from developers. I hope to have some good news about the changes we're working on soon™.
So, if "new design" not ready, why it here? Why not roll back to old design and let developers have all the time in the world. About 100 years at least.
Nalkoden: Well, GOG does have some sort of Facebook integration so I think privacy is not something that's very high on their list.

Here is some info:
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002838034-How-do-I-connect-my-GOG-account-to-my-Facebook-account-
LOL, ok. %) So, yeah, you might be right.
BKGaming: I feel like communication is non existing again, can we get an update please as to when more changes may roll out or what they might entail?
elcook: I'm definitely still here, but mostly reading and gathering your feedback for the team if anything new pops-up. Yes, I haven't given any updates to you guys, as I'm still waiting for proper info and timeline from developers. I hope to have some good news about the changes we're working on soon™.
Actually yes, I've got something. Even though it's not exactly new.
BKGaming: I feel like communication is non existing again, can we get an update please as to when more changes may roll out or what they might entail?
elcook: I'm definitely still here, but mostly reading and gathering your feedback for the team if anything new pops-up. Yes, I haven't given any updates to you guys, as I'm still waiting for proper info and timeline from developers. I hope to have some good news about the changes we're working on soon™.
(Psssst... manual sorting)
GOG, please... I see you are working on the front page for the sales.

That is good... but, for the holy DRM, you are making things even worse!

There is any kind of chance of creating a commeettee (internal/external) that will review fron page changes and approve/propose them, before making the whole thing so much more confusing?
OldOldGamer: GOG, please... I see you are working on the front page for the sales.

That is good... but, for the holy DRM, you are making things even worse!

There is any kind of chance of creating a commeettee (internal/external) that will review fron page changes and approve/propose them, before making the whole thing so much more confusing?
There is indeed external committee, every customer is member of it. My committee vote is currently set to "no buying" because the embedded videos annoy me so much, that I probably didn't even recognize other things which would annoy me...
Yes, that is good not buying, as a vote.

But since GOG seems incapable of making a working design, I was suggesting something more active/interactive for the devs.

I m sure there are good people in the community that would be happy to advise a sensible design just as a community service.

I don t know how embarassing it is to fumble change after change for half an year now?
bump
Well, gog, here we are... It's not like we didn't try to warn you or anything.
Baffles me how anyone could think this review system is fine. Big walls of unbroken text have been unpleasant to read since writing was invented and the character limit is not nearly enough for an indepth review.
Currently the main page is so overloaded, I don't have any interest in browsing games and/or offers.
Also on the games pages there is a lot more scrolling necessary thant it used to be. As a consequence I get tired of searching for the infos I want and close the page.
I used to buy a LOT of games on GoG. Of course that would not go on forever, but at the moment I came to a full stop.
Post edited February 26, 2019 by neumi5694
Mmmmm...
https://www.gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program

So, little recap. RIght now the new GOG site is usable on my PC1 (still super annoying, don't get me wrong), super slow and freezes Firefox on my PC2 as soon as I move the pointer by mistake on the movies and it completely freezes my mother's laptop (which I had to use when I Had problems with PC1), to the point I once needed an hard reboot.

Also, it's quite slow to load, both with a 20mb and a 100mb connections.
Post edited February 26, 2019 by Fuz
TentacleMayor: I hate the video autoplay.
ped7g: currently set to "no buying" because the embedded videos annoy me so much, that I probably didn't even recognize other things which would annoy me...
The videos seem like a gratuitous waste of data capacity. Whenever I go to a game's page, I scroll through the screenshots but I've never once wasted data on the videos. Putting them everywhere now in the hope people will start liking / using them is taking away choice ("You will like what we like!") and that's not good.

The giant coloured unequally shaped rectangles in the bottom right corner look strange - Slitherine something equally nonsensical. They have text on them that's just confusing. I don't know why some are larger than others and some are vertical, some horizontal, and some almost equilateral. What does any of it mean?

I do like that the top strip of games has dumped the outdated <MARQUEE /> effect that was despised even last millennium. But the new system does something strange that makes the very edges of the pictures move. It makes me feel nauseous - like when I watch someone playing an FPS instead of playing it myself. I don't know how to turn it off, so I only ever navigate to gog.com/account these days and bypass the front page that way.
I want to be able to post a descriptive game review with actual paragraphs, not an unbroken textwall... And with a longer character/word limit. I started revies in enthusiasm multiple times only to give up in frustrated disgust. This is such a basic thing I cant believe GOG hasn't fixed this yet. Even amateur websites have paragraph formatting supported in comments. This does not help sales.
Am I the only one who owns most of the games, but all of them are listed under "Games You Don't Own" in current sales like this one?
https://www.gog.com/promo/20190225_weekly_sale
Post edited February 28, 2019 by Klumpen0815