It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'd would love to see AVP 2010 on GOG, but i wish i could get my money and time back from Colonial Marines.
What's the story behind that? Did Sega lose the license?
IronArcturus: What about Alien Trilogy?
Wonderful game, I had the PS version and it was definitely one of the best games I had played in PS. And the shotgun's sound & feel was terrific, just like Doom's shotgun! :D
IronArcturus: What about Alien Trilogy?
Vythonaut: Wonderful game, I had the PS version and it was definitely one of the best games I had played in PS. And the shotgun's sound & feel was terrific, just like Doom's shotgun! :D
I'd only played a demo for the PC, but I remember it was a lot of fun! It seemed to be much more than just a "Doom-clone."
Licurg: Someone actually wants Colonial Marines ...
It's a decent game now. They fixed the AI for the aliens and improved the graphics. Now the aliens, will come at you from the ceiling..the walls etc
Post edited January 03, 2015 by monkeydelarge
Interestingly enough both AVP 2010 and Aliens: Colonial Marines were taken down, but have now returned.

AVP 2010
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Grargar: Interestingly enough both AVP 2010 and Aliens: Colonial Marines were taken down, but have now returned.

AVP 2010
Aliens: Colonial Marines
I doubt anyone really missed A: CM.
omega64: I doubt anyone really missed A: CM.
Are you discounting the existence of masochists? :P
omega64: I doubt anyone really missed A: CM.
Grargar: Are you discounting the existence of masochists? :P
Yeah, that's pretty much it.
I wonder if i should be profusely laughing for 20 minutes :P
Digital_CHE: ..
I'm going to take a stab in the dark regarding A: CM and say NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........... ...................... See TB's video

Reason: Gearbox felt fit to outright lie about the game's concept and final product giving the press a demo to play that looked like what the public wanted, and then doing a bait & switch with a game that was nothing like that. It's one of the major red flags that's telling us preOrdering games today is bad for the customer. Much like Sacred 3 (who's largest sin is being called Sacred 3) it's title and leading up to release suggested a much different game than what we got.

Sorta sad. Back in 2000 i enjoyed being able to blindly buy something from 3Drealms, SquareSoft, Level-5, and other publishers and expect it to be a decent game no matter what i got. Today you need to do your research.
Post edited January 08, 2015 by rtcvb32
rtcvb32: I wonder if i should be profusely laughing for 20 minutes :P
Digital_CHE: ..
rtcvb32: I'm going to take a stab in the dark regarding A: CM and say NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........... ...................... See TB's video

Reason: Gearbox felt fit to outright lie about the game's concept and final product giving the press a demo to play that looked like what the public wanted, and then doing a bait & switch with a game that was nothing like that. It's one of the major red flags that's telling us preOrdering games today is bad for the customer. Much like Sacred 3 (who's largest sin is being called Sacred 3) it's title and leading up to release suggested a much different game than what we got.

Sorta sad. Back in 2000 i enjoyed being able to blindly buy something from 3Drealms, SquareSoft, Level-5, and other publishers and expect it to be a decent game no matter what i got. Today you need to do your research.
Level-5 makes bad games?
omega64: Level-5 makes bad games?
Not that i know of.... All their games are time sinks that requires like 60+ hours to complete. Dark Cloud being one of the worst on that; Course that's a time when that and like 2 other games were all we had for the PS2. But each game although similar in the grinding aspect, it doesn't take away that you should do a little research before buying the games unless they are heavily on sale. Last game of theirs i played was Rouge Galaxy. Not a bad game but after 10+ hours i couldn't get halfway through the second section, and the one guy you have in your group sounds like Solid Snake before i ended up just dropping the game. Perhaps my own issues with controlling the group in the jungle, or a difficulty spike i wasn't ready for...

Beyond Dark Cloud i have yet to beat another of their games... Mostly repetitive and grindy...
rtcvb32: Sorta sad. Back in 2000 i enjoyed being able to blindly buy something from 3Drealms, SquareSoft, Level-5, and other publishers and expect it to be a decent game no matter what i got. Today you need to do your research.
Still can. Vast majority of AAA titles are at least decent and very playable. And if you're trying to say that around 2000, no broken, buggy AAA mess came out, I'll have to smack you with Daikatana.
Post edited January 08, 2015 by Fenixp
Fenixp: And if you're trying to say that around 2000, no broken, buggy AAA mess came out, I'll have to smack you with Daikatana.
Wasn't my suggestion at all. In 2000-2001 i was kicked out of my parent's house and had to fend for myself, so i got a PS2, 2 games, and whatever would fit in my 3 boxes of stuff and started living on my own. For 5 years i was effectively dirt poor and bought few games, so i don't know what games came out about that time and unless it was Blizzard i probably didn't notice it on the radar (not that i could afford Starcraft or Diablo 2 while i was trying not to starve). A huge number of games were just beyond my financial level, and although that's not the case anymore being frugal has been beaten into me.

So i guess i missed all the bad games... and a lot of good ones... and now have time to explore them for the most part if it catches my fancy. And that's about it.
monkeydelarge: It's a decent game now. They fixed the AI for the aliens and improved the graphics. Now the aliens, will come at you from the ceiling..the walls etc
That just leaves the thing that the game is boring as hell. Even in the standards of linear FPS games it is way too linear and way too scripted.