It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
...really!?
Attachments:
Post edited February 25, 2014 by Pseudospawn
graspee: They didn't even ease into this regional pricing with only a slight difference, they just came right out with a one dollar = one euro joke. And some people claimed their regional pricing would be fair haha. Like I said, the whole concept of regional pricing is unfair. Having said that though I didn't think their first item would be THIS unfair.
Forget about unfair. I was expecting 1$=1€ from day one, but doing this for Age of Wonders III?! A game that we knew was coming and they claimed it was something worthy hidden by NDAs?
Just saw in another forum gog.com put this up for preorder and was just about to reply "no man, don't talk rubbish, that can't be the reason gog introduced regional pricing, seriously!"...

Oh, wow. Age of what, exactly?
HGiles: The other AoW games are already on GOG. It would have shown up here eventually.
mangamuscle: But by then many people would have bought it at steam, amazon or whatnot.

Definitely wasn't worth sacrificing the region-free pricing for this. GOG just opened up a huge can of worms and sacrificed one of their major advantages over Steam or GamersGate for a minor strategy game and 2 probably equally disappointing RPGs.
mangamuscle: You people insist in not looking at the BIG PICTURE, this is one of many more titles that would have never shown or shown too late (when most interested people have already bought it).
Kid, we've been over this a bazillion times on GOG before. GOG's business was built on selling games that had been on sale for *decades*. The long tail works as a selling strategy. Go educate yourself.
high rated
pug987: Pretty much the only thing GOG can do now is honor its contractual obligations for these three games and then make a public statemant vowing never to do it again.
This.

And we can enforce this decision by not buying these stupid games so GOG realizes it's losing much more than what may win by doing this kind of contracts with developers/publishers.

Also, while it may seem there are only "some" angry customers, since the same people keep posting over and over this thread, do not be fooled. This is only my first post in the thread, but I've been following the 150+ pages since day one. I suspect a lot of lurkers are doing the same, even if they don't post.
http://www.gog.com/news/preorder_age_of_wonders_iii

For anyone not being pushed of the net by the gf's every five min please look.
This meme pretty much sums up my reaction after reading the title of the game.
Attachments:
PixelBoy: I wrote this already in the another thread, but I'm so disappointed, I will repeat myself here...

Not only is GOG having 1$ = 1€ forced conversion now, but you don't get all the stuff, like soundtracks, for the price of the base game anymore.

So GOG gave up two of their former principles at the same time.

This is worse than was expected, and we really were expecting it to be bad to begin with.

I'm seriously considering boycotting GOG now. Well, those few hundred games I bought from the old, nice GOG will keep me busy for a while.
The bonus stuff, especially the soundtracks migth be bound by legal issues just saying.
mangamuscle: You people insist in not looking at the BIG PICTURE, this is one of many more titles that would have never shown or shown too late (when most interested people have already bought it).
Cannot argue with that. Missing titles like that at this price, sure i would have been somewhat sad...
Seeing quality of this super-duper-extraordinary-AAA-release that supose to compensate this regional pricing bullcrap is anybody still wondering why promised "letter from CEO with explanation" never materialized? :]
PixelBoy: I wrote this already in the another thread, but I'm so disappointed, I will repeat myself here...

Not only is GOG having 1$ = 1€ forced conversion now, but you don't get all the stuff, like soundtracks, for the price of the base game anymore.

So GOG gave up two of their former principles at the same time.

This is worse than was expected, and we really were expecting it to be bad to begin with.

I'm seriously considering boycotting GOG now. Well, those few hundred games I bought from the old, nice GOG will keep me busy for a while.
That's not exactly a boycott. I think it is the right reaction to this, though. Why buy something that's not attractive, or from a company that's not trustworthy?

I'm going to keep buying the games from GOG that are priced and packaged appropriately. That apparently doesn't include AoW3. Other people might decide to stop buying, although I think that's foolish. Better to buy games now before the contracts get renegotiated and the price goes up.
Post edited February 25, 2014 by HGiles
Niggles: you'd hope it were exciting new games that haven't been bundled or had multiple sales and massive discounts. it would be ludicrous and you think people are over reacting now?????
Grargar: Guys, we have talked about it already. Risen 1+2, regardless of quality, are neither Preorder, nor Launch Day material. Also remember; GOG intends to use the first of those three games as a bargaining tool to convince other publishers to sign with GOG. Showing Risen would illicit nothing more than waves of laughter.
Good to know. But honestly, I am glad these two RPGs are coming to GOG, I was waiting for them for quite some time.
mangamuscle: But by then many people would have bought it at steam, amazon or whatnot.

You people insist in not looking at the BIG PICTURE, this is one of many more titles that would have never shown or shown too late (when most interested people have already bought it).
HGiles: Kid, we've been over this a bazillion times on GOG before. GOG's business was built on selling games that had been on sale for *decades*. The long tail works as a selling strategy. Go educate yourself.
You seem to think that business do not need to adapt to grow, if gog had not included new games and indies and kept selling just oldies they would NOT have seen the increase in sales reported in this thread. Of course if you are so brilliant you can go and open your own gog store with said mercantile tenants, talk is cheap.
Jesus GOG, it was absolutely clear that after the release the shitstorm would start again. Nevertheless if the letter wasn't ready to go public, at last you should give some feedback about the situation before you make these "steal" public, especially when the worst expectations (1$=1€, no TripleA release, DLC are incoming) have become true.
high rated
blotunga: So what will stop people to use a proxy or VPN to buy the games from another region (where it's the cheapest)?
TheEnigmaticT: What stops people from going to pirate bay and getting everything for free forever?
You were.