It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Saw today that few good VNs are on week long sale at steam (ends 20 February), -40-60% off.

Just for example, here are only some to mention:
Clannad -60% , this seems to be highest cut according isthereanydeal.
Muv-Luv -40% , highest cut too.
Nurse Love Addiction -40%
Tomoyo after -50%

Going thru the list, all in Visualarts/Key-catalog are on sale, few in Degica-catalog and various others.

VeTrack: Whole series? Is there no licensing over there or something?
Youtube is Youtube. Uploader doesn't care or Copyright/IP owner doesn't care or just goes under youtube detectors. X-)
Pretty much everything that's going on even in Crunchyroll this winter season is mirrored in youtube, even those "not licensed in your territory"-ones.
Post edited February 15, 2017 by MiKiL
WBGhiro: You can find the entire NHK italian dub on youtube
VeTrack: Whole series? Is there no licensing over there or something?

It's also interesting that the Italian dub didn't translate the word "Senpai."
As MiKil said if the copyright owners don't have a flagging bot set up they probably aren't bothering to hunt down content, especially if it isn't in one of the main moneymaking languages like english or japanese.

And yeah as said tdubbing quality varies wildly over here, "niche" anime have hopes to get a very close translation as the publishers probably understand that their audience is mostly hardcore weebs, anything "mainstream" on the other hand is almost unwatchable.
MiKiL: Pretty much everything that's going on even in Crunchyroll this winter season is mirrored in youtube, even those "not licensed in your territory"-ones.
Are you talking about those downsized and framed in a certain way? Are any of those Winter ones uncropped, full episodes?

On the topic of VN, the upcoming AOT 3DS game is actually one! Lol...
MiKiL: Pretty much everything that's going on even in Crunchyroll this winter season is mirrored in youtube, even those "not licensed in your territory"-ones.
VeTrack: Are you talking about those downsized and framed in a certain way? Are any of those Winter ones uncropped, full episodes?
Some are modified (framed, slowed down etc.) to bypass youtube strike but there are unmodified full episodes too and from ongoing winter season. Uploaders probably do throwaway type of account so if content is flagged, just create new account and upload back.
VeTrack: On the topic of VN, the upcoming AOT 3DS game is actually one! Lol...
Heheh! I'd certainly play (watch? read?) that! Really wish I had a 3DS right about now...
I just watched through both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul. It had it's moments but it felt mediocre in many ways. There also was not much of an ending and I am not sure if that had to do with the comics since the comics, according to a quick search, showed that the comic series ended before the show began or that the show began as the comics were concluding.

Overall, it was worth watching despite some blandness since I am already paying a subscription to Funimation.
infinite9: comics
I didn't mention this back when you said "comic" on your KonoSuba post but you really should stop calling manga "comics", it's akin to calling anime "cartoon". There's a difference.

As for Tokyo Ghoul, the anime is a bit different from its manga. Most would find the manga better and it's still ongoing with Tokyo Ghoul:re.
Someone was recognized by Guinness as the World Record holder for the largest collection of CardCaptor Sakura memorabilia! And no, it's not a guy.

Anyone still remembers Space Battleship Yamato? Here's a peek at its upcoming film, Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love.
VeTrack: Someone was recognized by Guinness as the World Record holder for the largest collection of CardCaptor Sakura memorabilia! And no, it's not a guy.
Wow, that's certainly impressive. Heheheh, you'd think there'd be less competition in a such a specific category.

VeTrack: Anyone still remembers Space Battleship Yamato? Here's a peek at its upcoming film, Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love.
Hmm, I've never heard of SBY before, but I think I'll keep this on my radar. But what's with the "Warriors of Love" part? I'm not adverse to things like that, but I have to wonder it's significance. (It may explain why in the trailer, but I can't watch it because my internet is hot garbage right now.)
VeTrack: Someone was recognized by Guinness as the World Record holder for the largest collection of CardCaptor Sakura memorabilia! And no, it's not a guy.
That is good collection. Spotted even those GB/GBA/PS1/PS2/DC -games in there and CCS-edition Gameboy console. :)

VeTrack: Anyone still remembers Space Battleship Yamato? Here's a peek at its upcoming film, Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love.
Yamato wasn't one those series that you could watch in 80s here in Finland so I can't say nothing of it. X-)
I do know that most people might know it better as Space Cruiser Yamato (movie) and Star Blazers (series) here in west.

Yamato 2199 might be nice to see, that is the remake of the original series.
JK41R4: what's with the "Warriors of Love" part?
It's plot-related but don't worry, it's not that kind of show. ;)

MiKiL: That is good collection. Spotted even those GB/GBA/PS1/PS2/DC -games in there and CCS-edition Gameboy console.
Yeah, really impressive collection there and that Game Boy can be quite pricey nowadays.
JK41R4: what's with the "Warriors of Love" part?
VeTrack: It's plot-related but don't worry, it's not that kind of show. ;)
What kind of show? :)

I wouldn't mind honestly, I just found the sub-title odd.
What do you guys think of the weird practice of adding scottish accents to usually fantasy characters? I've been reading the Monster Musume manga and it's really bothering me that Lala's lines all read like the drunken slurs of a scotsman. See pic*.

I've heard of this thing before as it's supposed to be really prevalent in [url=http://legendsoflocalization.com/lets-talk-aboot-those-dragon-quest-iv-accents/ ]Dragon's Quest [/url]games but it's the first time I encountered it in the wild and it just baffles me.

I get translating things in "Ye olde Englishe" when a character uses a lot of archaic vocabulary, I also get translating local accents to a foreign equivalent or whatever comes closest. But I don't get why you'd translate someone with a normal speech pattern (as far as chuunibyou goes) and turn it into highlandspeak.

Don't get me wrong I love the scottish accent, but i don't get why. Does anyone know of other examples of Glasgowification?

*From the "I <3 Monstergirls" spin-off where guest artists draw series of lighthearted 4 panel strips, pretty good stuff.
Attachments:
Post edited February 24, 2017 by WBGhiro
WBGhiro: What do you guys think of the weird practice of adding scottish accents to usually fantasy characters? I've been reading the Monster Musume manga and it's really bothering me that Lala's lines all read like the drunken slurs of a scotsman. See pic*.

----

Don't get me wrong I love the scottish accent, but i don't get why. Does anyone know of other examples of Glasgowification?

*From the "I <3 Monstergirls" spin-off where guest artists draw series of lighthearted 4 panel strips, pretty good stuff.
Maybe translator thought to make her talk Irish because that's where she originates.
According to MonMusu-wikia in official translation she speaks Irish accent than Scottish. And same wikia seems to mention that in chapter #38 she speaks Scottish accent for unknown reason.

So I don't know, feels bit odd to mix accents in fly, maybe it is translators personal way or he makes mistakes.

Alexander Anderson in Hellsing-series are reported to speak Irish (or Scottish, depends from who are you asking).
X-)
MiKiL: Alexander Anderson in Hellsing-series are reported to speak Irish (or Scottish, depends from who are you asking).
X-)
I think that guy has his very own accent