It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sweet Lord Almighty!

1920X 12C/24T 3.5/4.0 GHz $799
1950X 16C/32T 3.4/4.0 GHz $999
Was expecting price to be higher, although not Intel levels of high ;)

Looks like AMD are really determined to not only get a foot in the door, they're doing their best to kick that door down.
No prices (AFAIK) on motherboards yet, but I'd hazard £250 average, depending on what manufacturers throw at the boards.
Hopefully not as dodgy as Intel's versions though.
PainOfSalvation: Sweet Lord Almighty!

1920X 12C/24T 3.5/4.0 GHz $799
1950X 16C/32T 3.4/4.0 GHz $999
those prices are pretty damn good for what you get.
Just finished my Ryzen 7 1700X build (using Asrock X370 Taichi).

So far so good. On Linux, lm-sensors don't yet detect core temperatures, but apparently there is also CPUTIN value provided by the motherboard sensors, and on idle it shows ~29°C with Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4. I'm glad I had a really wide case, since otherwise using both fans would have been impossible with my RAM which has somewhat elevated heatsink, because it requires raising the second fan above the RAM, and it won't fit in narrow cases.

Now I need to figure out how to check if my RAM is clocked properly.

sudo dmidecode -t memory

shows:

Memory Device
Type: DDR4
Type Detail: Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)
Speed: 2400 MT/s
Configured Clock Speed: 1200 MT/s

While in UEFI setup, it shows it's using overclock profile and it's supposed to be 3200. Is there a way to check if the RAM is actually clocked that way?

UPDATE:

I figured. I had to switch for "auto" to explicit XMP setting in UEFI setup. Now dmidecode shows this:

Speed: 3200 MT/s
Configured Clock Speed: 1600 MT/s

Why is speed shown as double of configured clock speed though?
Post edited July 17, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Why is speed shown as double of configured clock speed though?
It's because it's Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM. The 'actual' clock is double the base clock, ie 1600MHz -> 3200MHz.
Phasmid: It's because it's Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM. The 'actual' clock is double the base clock, ie 1600MHz -> 3200MHz.
Thanks, so it operates as expected then.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by shmerl
This is good to know: https://github.com/groeck/nct6775/issues/49#issuecomment-306044250
Specifically, the AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X and 1800X carry a +20°C offset between the tCTL° (reported) temperature and the actual Tj° temperature. In the short term, users of the AMD Ryzen™ 1700X and 1800X can simply subtract 20°C to determine the true junction temperature of their processor. No arithmetic is required for the Ryzen 7 1700. Long term, we expect temperature monitoring software to better understand our tCTL offsets to report the junction temperature automatically.
I was wondering why my ASRock setup reports CPU temperature as >50°C. I get that value also from SMBUSMASTER 0 sensor. Apparently it's 20°C higher than actual value.
Well, I built my Ryzen-setup a month or so ago, and so far it's awesome :) I got a Ryzen 1600, MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic, and 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz. Already had a Sapphire RX 470 (bought it before it was cool) and a Cryorig H7 CPU-cooler from my old setup. It effortlessly runs everything I throw at it. Battlefield 1, Dragon's Dogma, Resident Evil 7, Dishonored 2.. You name it.

The H7 keeps the CPU at around 30C while running at 400RPM on idle. It runs at the same speed while gaming, while keeping the CPU at around 55C. Really efficient and silent cooler! With my undervolt, the graphics card pulls an average of 60W while playing Battlefield 1 with high settings at 1680x1050. Same performance, much lower power draw :) Too bad my old 3-pin casefans are so noisy :P

Alas, I still haven't fiddled with the RAM, so it's at stock 2133. Overclocking it seems intimidating and complicated. Does anyone know a good resource for learning how to do it? I have the latest AGESA 1.0.0.6 BIOS for my motherboard, so memory compatiblity should be okay.
Intel may be about to make a mess of their trousers.

Threadripper, the latest AMD processor, was thought to be two Ryzen chips combined.
Turns out it's four o0

Famed overclocker Der8auer released a new video of him delidding AMD’s new Threadripper CPU, and what he found was surprising. As per the video (below), the delidding revealed that Threadripper contains four Ryzen dies, not the expected two. Incidentally, Threadripper contains the same number of dies as AMD’s Epyc server processor. Two of those dies, however, are not functional. Sadly, the complex delidding process rendered the CPU unusable.

Wonder if anyone'll manage to flash these into being active 8D
More good news, for those of you that wanted the Wraith cooler.

"Finally, AMD announced its sale of Wraith MAX cooler. The cooler, equipped with rgb-leds, is only supplied with the Ryzen 7 1700X and 1800X, but according to AMD, there was much demand for the cooler of users with other processors. Therefore, the manufacturer has decided to proceed to a single sale. The AMD AM3, AM3 + and FM2 + AMD, the AMD is compatible with AMD, but will also fit older sockets with the mounting of clips. The Wraith Max will be available soon for an unprecedented price. The Ryzen 3 1200 processor costs 119 euros, while the 1300X goes over the counter for 139 euros. Both CPUs are available for purchase."
AMD sends flagship Wraith Max CPU cooler to retail for $59
Do the RGB LEDs on the cooler do anything interesting?
has anyone read about the insane pricing for vega?
Nice, nice and even more nice! This might be just what I'm looking for.

While I can't complain about temperatures with my CM Hyper T4, it's certainly not very attractive and the fan doesn't sit properly on the heat sink due to the ram being a bit tall due to its' own heat sink.
apehater: has anyone read about the insane pricing for vega?
Yes, I spotted the price as well but to my understanding those available right now are professional cards and gaming cards, costing a lot less, will arrive later, maybe quite a bit later.