It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Am I the only one that actually STILL REMEMBERS this 1999 game?

Personally, I hold quite fond memories of the 1999 game, "Heroes of Might and Magic 3". I believe it to be a staple of turn-based strategy games.

I wonder, do people even still remember that cult classic? Are there any fans of it on here?
Post edited December 21, 2022 by TheNamelessOne_PL
high rated
How is this not trolling?
InkPanther: How is this not trolling?
Indeed, and quite bad also.
TheNamelessOne_PL: I wonder, do people even still remember that cult classic? Are there any fans of it on here?
Would you kindly open the link and answer for yourself?
https://www.gog.com/forum/heroes_of_might_and_magic_series#1671624207
Post edited December 21, 2022 by Cadaver747
I wanted to know people's thoughts regarding the matter.
*thinks of all the time seeing it on GOG's bestseller list* Well, that's a silly question to ask about one of the most popular '90s turn-based tactical strategy RPG games.
TheNamelessOne_PL: I wanted to know people's thoughts regarding the matter.
If that's a valid reason to ask a stupid question, am I the only one who remembers James Cameron's Titanic?
The game that is #1 bestselling (all time) on Gog? I've heard of it.
The above is what I was about to write. Although I haven't played it, nor I plan to. It's not that it's old, just that I don't like the genre.
high rated
Geralt has got to be the lamest troll this forum has produced, almost all of his threads are low effort and he rarely engages with the posts afterwards.

..but to be honest, I don't hate his threads, shortly after he's spewn his bullshit he always gets banned for a while. :)
Cadaver747: Indeed, and quite bad also.
TheNamelessOne_PL: I wonder, do people even still remember that cult classic? Are there any fans of it on here?
Cadaver747: Would you kindly open the link and answer for yourself?
https://www.gog.com/forum/heroes_of_might_and_magic_series#1671624207
Looking at the subforum I realized that I miss Judas. :/
Post edited December 21, 2022 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: Looking at the subforum I realized that I miss Judas. :/
I kept in contact with him thru support tickets!

*waves*
CarChris: The above is what I was about to write. Although I haven't played it, nor I plan to. It's not that it's old, just that I don't like the genre.
I played HoMM 1-6 (plus Heroes Chronicles and expansions) on their respective release, and to me HoMM 2 is best of them all.
Price of Loyalty expansion for HoMM 2 had the most interesting campaign scenarios, missions are difficult and are slighlty more complex with added features by Cyberlore Studios developer, those were later incorporated into HoMM 3. Also the music there has opera singing (this can be disabled), expansion brought new music as well.

Graphically HoMM 1-3 map design is almost identical and quite pleasant to look at. As for the HoMM 4 they ruined everything, even the colors in pallete.

HoMM 5 is very different and yet it's the "last game" true to the ideas of HoMM strategy series, even in name because Ubisoft decided to change the naming to Might & Magic Heroes instead of Heroes of M&M.

MMH 6 is a sin.

MMH 7 is hell, I'm going to play one day to complete the whole saga of Might & Magic games.
LegoDnD: am I the only one who remembers James Cameron's Titanic?
yes.
You're all experiencing the Mandela effect. There is no Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Never was.
Of all the games to pick from the 90s, you had to pick one of them that's actively being sold, and not one of Sean O' Connor's obscure titles or Steve Moraff's many Mahjong solitaire titles?
yes, you are the only one who remember HOMM 3.

/end thread (please)