It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I tried Linux Mint. Lasted one to two days. Came from Ubuntu Mate 19.10.

On Manjaro now.
rojimboo: I tried Linux Mint. Lasted one to two days. Came from Ubuntu Mate 19.10.

On Manjaro now.
Manjaro or Solus ignore the other distros :P
adamhm:
Thank you for your guide, it's been a while i wanted to try linux, now i have. I just got a little problem with the dual boot but easy to solve by changing manualy the load order on bios.
Mugiwarah:
Did you perhaps forget to update Grub after the installation, in order for it to find the other OS(s) you had installed?
Mugiwarah:
Themken: Did you perhaps forget to update Grub after the installation, in order for it to find the other OS(s) you had installed?
You are right i didn't do it, should i restart the install or is it good like this as i didn't see any problem on windows or mint ?
Mugiwarah:
Everything will probably be fine if you have set in the UEFI that the disk with Grub starts first and you write this in a terminal and press enter:
sudo update-grub
Post edited April 15, 2020 by Themken
Mugiwarah:
Themken: Everything will probably be fine if you have set in the UEFI that the disk with Grub starts first and you write this in a terminal and press enter:
sudo update-grub
Ok thank you, i will stay like this and if i see any problem i'll restart the install it's a lot easier than i though.
Mugiwarah:
The only reasons I can think of that you should have to reinstall and that is if you have used different setups for the different OSs, as in how they access the storage and whether they use pure UEFI or legacy (fakes BIOS) or some other.

PS. Unless you messed up the partitioning. Now that is VERY easy to do but you said all worked well so maybe not.
Post edited April 15, 2020 by Themken
Mugiwarah:
Themken: The only reasons I can think of that you should have to reinstall and that is if you have used different setups for the different OSs, as in how they access the storage and whether they use pure UEFI or legacy (fakes BIOS) or some other.

PS. Unless you messed up the partitioning. Now that is VERY easy to do but you said all worked well so maybe not.
They are both on UEFI, bootloader recognise the mint partition but it put it just after windows in the order, i just switch their position and it run fine.
Post edited April 15, 2020 by Mugiwarah
I'm trying it for 3 week now and i don't realy want to come back to windows, shame on all the dev that don't want to make linux version of games or software.
Does anyone know how to get manual fan control for GPUs working in Mint?
Spectre: Does anyone know how to get manual fan control for GPUs working in Mint?
I guess it depends on whether you have Intel, Nvidia or AMD graphics card unless there is a program for Ubuntu or Mint that I do not know of. Searching the internet does turn up something but I have no experince with anything like TuxClocker.
Spectre: Does anyone know how to get manual fan control for GPUs working in Mint?
For AMD, try radeon-profile: https://github.com/marazmista/radeon-profile
Themken: I guess it depends on whether you have Intel, Nvidia or AMD graphics card unless there is a program for Ubuntu or Mint that I do not know of. Searching the internet does turn up something but I have no experince with anything like TuxClocker.
I think those type of programs need part of the Nvidia driver package to work.

shmerl: For AMD, try radeon-profile: https://github.com/marazmista/radeon-profile
It's a Nvidia but I don't think it's a problem they only suffer from and if you're not observant it can leave your PC CPU or GPU heating up to a damaging temp before fans come on or the PC shuts down.
Hello, adamhm. I just wanted to let you know that the REgoth project is continuing the development at another GitHub repository. There is a link to its new location at the old one, but you may wish to update your link on the first post the next time you review it.