It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
HypersomniacLive: I've been moving games around this afternoon, and I"m very pleased to report that export/import works flawlessly!
I also had none of the problems Moon mentions when I briefly toyed in Firefox last night, but I use the "All" setting.

I'm re-arranging my Library using SWare Iron though, as drag & scroll works there so things get done faster, and then import the new order into Firefox.

I'm still missing box covers for:

- Pathologic Classic HD
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut

And I have a couple of questions:

(I) I'm currently using manual order. What happens if I switch to a different, GOG native order from the drop down "Sort By" menu? Do these still display correctly? And how do I go back to my manual order afterwards?

(II) Do I understand it correctly that any newly added games are added at the end, without messing with anything else in the Library?

adaliabooks: What do we think of this for the label's on bundled games?
HypersomniacLive: And this was another subject I wanted to touch upon. But, emmm... no.
I've got an idea, but have to think about it and check a couple of things first, then talk it over with you.
Good to hear :)

They should come through in the next update run (with any luck)

Just untick the box to revert to normal GoG sorting, which is unaffected. When you tick the box again you get your manual sort back, unaffected.

Currently they're added at the start.. I thought it was better that people could see new games right away, just in case they thought they weren't showing up or something... but I can put them to the end if that's peoples' preferred behaviour.

Lol, thought you might say that XD
Let me know what you come up with, I can give you the code for what I've got if you want to restyle it or you can come up with something from scratch if you prefer.
HypersomniacLive: I'm still missing box covers for:
- Pathologic Classic HD
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut
mrkgnao: Pathologic might be because the library ID and catalogue ID are different:
"library id" => [catalogue id, "name"]
"1444818876" => [1445852217, "pathologic classic hd"]

Wasteland 2 is unbundled.
Thanks, I doubt I would have caught that Pathologic one, but I think I've fixed it (or it will be fixed at the next run through though)
Post edited December 26, 2015 by adaliabooks
high rated
adaliabooks: [...]

Just untick the box to revert to normal GoG sorting, which is unaffected. When you tick the box again you get your manual sort back, unaffected.

[...]
That's great, cheers!

Currently they're added at the start.. I thought it was better that people could see new games right away, just in case they thought they weren't showing up or something... but I can put them to the end if that's peoples' preferred behaviour.

[...]
No, at the start makes more sense for the reason you mention, plus having to scroll all the way to the end to move them is not particularly practical with larger collections.

Lol, thought you might say that XD
Let me know what you come up with, I can give you the code for what I've got if you want to restyle it or you can come up with something from scratch if you prefer.
Yeah, sorry, but that screenshot hurt my eyes. And imagining all that red on box covers like System Shock hurt my brain.
And check your PMs in a bit.
HypersomniacLive: Yeah, sorry, but that screenshot hurt my eyes. And imagining all that red on box covers like System Shock hurt my brain.
And check your PMs in a bit.
It's just a quick fix so you can tell them apart, but I agree the red might be a bit much.

Ok.
high rated
adaliabooks: It's just a quick fix so you can tell them apart, but I agree the red might be a bit much.

Ok.
Might? Just might?!
How difficult would it be to implement a horizontal scroll bar for users, like me, that do not have a widescreen monitor?

That would fix the annoying issue I have had since GOG changed things.
adaliabooks: Currently they're added at the start.. I thought it was better that people could see new games right away, just in case they thought they weren't showing up or something... but I can put them to the end if that's peoples' preferred behaviour.
I would prefer it if they are added at the end :-)
high rated
moonshineshadow: I would prefer it if they are added at the end :-)
You're an odd little Keks! ;-P
HypersomniacLive: You're an odd little Keks! ;-P
Perhaps :P

But why would I want some new game be the first game that is displayed. That front rows are reserved for my favourite games, the new ones can be stuck at the end until I sort them :D
high rated
moonshineshadow: Perhaps :P

But why would I want some new game be the first game that is displayed. That front rows are reserved for my favourite games, the new ones can be stuck at the end until I sort them :D
It's more practical, imho - for the reason that adaliabooks mentioned, especially if one downloads their games (almost) immediately, plus if one has a large(r) collection, going to the end and moving it around may be a lot more work, depending on how one orders their games. Besides, a new game may be(come) part of one's favourite games. ;-)

Something that would be handy, is to be able to move a game to the end or the start, but I have no idea if it's doable or how much work it would take.

solar_dome: How difficult would it be to implement a horizontal scroll bar for users, like me, that do not have a widescreen monitor?

Could you give us details on what your problem is? What monitor and resolution are you on?
moonshineshadow: Perhaps :P

HypersomniacLive: It's more practical, imho - for the reason that adaliabooks mentioned, especially if one downloads their games (almost) immediately, plus if one has a large(r) collection, going to the end and moving it around may be a lot more work, depending on how one orders their games. Besides, a new game may be(come) part of one's favourite games. ;-)
Perhaps we could just have an option to choose where the new games will be placed. And while a new game might become a favourite, I would need to play it before I can decide on that, so it is fine to be stuck at the end :P
I can understand if people want to have it as the first game, but I always liked it, that gog put them at the end with the old manual sorting.
high rated
solar_dome: How difficult would it be to implement a horizontal scroll bar for users, like me, that do not have a widescreen monitor?

It depends... what exactly is the issue that you have?
Where do you need a horizontal scroll bar?

There's always one... ;P

HypersomniacLive: Something that would be handy, is to be able to move a game to the end or the start, but I have no idea if it's doable or how much work it would take.
Yeah, I'm looking at a way to jump a game to any point in the list without having to drag, but unfortunately the built in dialogue boxes you get with HTML are crap so I'll have to make my own, or find another way to do it.

HypersomniacLive: Could you give us details on what your problem is? What monitor and resolution are you on?
I think I'll have to officially make you my assistant, between you and mrkgnao you seem to have most people's issues sorted before I even see them :)

moonshineshadow: Perhaps we could just have an option to choose where the new games will be placed. And while a new game might become a favourite, I would need to play it before I can decide on that, so it is fine to be stuck at the end :P
I can understand if people want to have it as the first game, but I always liked it, that gog put them at the end with the old manual sorting.
In the meantime I can certainly do something like this (was actually thinking of it already when I fixed the new games showing in Manual Sort)
high rated
Just testing a solution to the duplicate covers currently necessary for bundled games.

Can anyone with TES: Arena in their library tell me whether they can now see a proper cover for it (as opposed to a blank or the Morrowind cover)?
adaliabooks: Just testing a solution to the duplicate covers currently necessary for bundled games.

Can anyone with TES: Arena in their library tell me whether they can now see a proper cover for it (as opposed to a blank or the Morrowind cover)?
Yep, there is a proper cover :-)
Post edited December 27, 2015 by moonshineshadow
high rated
adaliabooks: Just testing a solution to the duplicate covers currently necessary for bundled games.

moonshineshadow: Yep, there is a proper cover :-)
Great, thanks moon :)

Looks like I can host images on my site and link to them (without GoG complaining they aren't secure), so we can compile a list of the bundled games that have no cover and find / make covers for them.
high rated
adaliabooks: So we can compile a list of the bundled games that have no cover and find / make covers for them.
Some of these games have a cover, but gog made them have the same cover (except for some small numbering) so perhaps we could have different ones?

- Cultures: Northland
- Eye of the Beholder 1-3 (Archives Collection 1)
- Quest for Glory 1-5
- The incredible Machine Pack
- Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny
- Ys 1+2
Post edited December 27, 2015 by moonshineshadow