It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*ding*

If you’ve been hanging around for a while, especially in the <a href=”"[url=http://www.gog.com/games">games]http://www.gog.com/games">games[/url] tab</a>, you may have noticed that the growing number of items on our virtual shelf was inching closer and closer to our very first thousand - lo and behold, just this week we made it through our first 1k.

We could start off by thanking the Academy, our moms, and hoping for world peace - and it's not that we don't want to say all those things, but before we do, we want to thank the most important people that made it possible - all of YOU. It may sound a bit turgid and you might not believe that we're tearing up a little as we click "publish" on this piece of news, but you guys are the ones that make GOG.com what it is and our reason to continue bringing you more great games.

Before we break out the fruit punch, though, we want to honor those of you who almost caught up with us. We dug through our records and picked fifty users that have the most boxes on their own virtual shelves.

Let's all give an alphabetically ordered round of applause to:

Antarian, astrugar710, atomsword, AutumnYears, baketomato, Barry_Woodward, benjam47, budejovice, CuriousTwoAtGOG, Darthmort, Disciple_of_Doom, djr155, DonCorleon, Gersen, gorrrrrr, Heirgeir, howardtduck2005, ilcollezionista, jabba1971, JDelekto, KajQrd, kiwy, Kodijack, kotokimura, Lafazar, liquidBass, lobo_1, Loenas, maweball, mrkgnao, MTR77, Murfallo, mwmwm, n0nam3, OlK76, onthemike, palyea, Pantoprazol, sbaylus, Serpico, ShadowWulfe, Silvanus2004, soulroar, tippete, TrevWar, turbond, vasyl, VuA, xckx, and ZombieGum.

We will be contacting these guys personally for T-shirt sizes and mailing addresses for a little, personalized thank-you. We are off to celebrate - but before we go, here's to another thousand digital boxes on the GOG.com shelf!
Nice going fellas! I only have 180 games in my shelf (after the unbundling, that is) but that's good enough for me ;) Nice to see the catalog growing this big!

Also congrats to Barry_Woodward, mrkgnao, xckx, and all the other shelf champions :)
JDelekto: Are you the same who streams? If so, you're the winner! :)
Flaose: I am the one and only :)
Thanks!
I should have know Commander Keen. BTW, "Beans and Bacon" was my favorite level (I think it was the 3rd installment), only because of it's name.
Congratulations on the 1k catalog, but what matters to me is that even if you have these 1k games (or only 100) on your shelf, there's no way to properly organize them using categories or (own) tags. This milestone would have been the ideal instant to implement such a feature, instead of just making a big fuss about it with no real relevance to 99.999% of all users.
Post edited April 11, 2015 by rivaxon
Congrats on 1k milestone, GOG!
And congrats to the loyal costumers who won a T-Shirt. You guys deserved it. :)

Nice gesture, GOG. Though I expected some bigger "celebration".
Post edited April 11, 2015 by Pardinuz
high rated
Yep, I'll be the guy, er, raining on the parade here (watch the downvotes now), but would sure have been thrilled to see this milestone reached without giving up on most of what made GOG, well, GOG first. As it is, can't say that I care that a store that's admittedly still less bad than the rest but definitely no longer worth actually supporting after giving up on their "look, we're different, and with your help we'll change this industry" philosophy and in to "the realities of the market" now has 1000 games. Succeeding by swimming unapologetically against the tide is something, claiming to have done so after turning around to go with it (in all ways but one... so far) isn't. Would be if they'd turn around again at some point, but what are the odds of that?

Do care about the fact that there's a bug in the catalog that won't let you browse past position 1000 though. See for yourselves. So, since somebody's around over the weekend, any chances of fixing that?
JDelekto: Being one of the named recipients, heck, it wasn't of my asking. I'm not enticing others to buy all of their catalog either. If you want to get free stuff, there are other venues to seek, but I think the awards GOG is giving are genuine and deserved.
I didn't mention any winner's name, did I? And no, I don't want free stuff. I never said that and I'm sure you didn't ever see me begging for something. On the other hand, I like to give, but that is another story.

I just think the time they chose was poor, they are celebrating having reached the 1000th game on their catalog which was only possible with the support of all the community, at least they could have done a contest (a very basic one, were everyone could easily enter, even without much skill or money) and the users could choose/help choosing the winners or a random giveaway if they didn't want to gift something to all their customers.
In other words, they should have not segmented the community on purpose this time.

This being said, I'm not against the idea of them giving away to the people that (probably) gave them the most. It just shouldn't be connected with a milestone which all the community helped reaching.

But this is only my opinion anyway.

And no, I don't want your shirt, you can keep it :D

Congrats to you and all the other winners.
Pardinuz: Congrats on 1k milestone, GOG!
And congrats to the loyal costumers who won a T-Shirt. You guys deserved it. :)

Nice gesture, GOG. Though I expected some bigger "celebration".
I got a T-Shirt for buying into Elio Motors too., I think of "paying it forward". I'm just trying to pay it forward. :)
Post edited April 11, 2015 by JDelekto
It's been long enough since the last freeware release that I wondered if a new one was going to be released during this milestone. It looks like I was wrong.

Congrats to the few who have managed to collect most of the GOG library so far. Your reward is well earned!
Post edited April 11, 2015 by ZaineH
DRM freedom for all. Thank you GOG.
JDelekto: Being one of the named recipients, heck, it wasn't of my asking. I'm not enticing others to buy all of their catalog either. If you want to get free stuff, there are other venues to seek, but I think the awards GOG is giving are genuine and deserved.
hugo360pt: I didn't mention any winner's name, did I? And no, I don't want free stuff. I never said that and I'm sure you didn't ever see me begging for something. On the other hand, I like to give, but that is another story.

I just think the time they chose was poor, they are celebrating having reached the 1000th game on their catalog which was only possible with the support of all the community, at least they could have done a contest (a very basic one, were everyone could easily enter, even without much skill or money) and the users could choose/help choosing the winners or a random giveaway if they didn't want to gift something to all their customers.
In other words, they should have not segmented the community on purpose this time.

This being said, I'm not against the idea of them giving away to the people that (probably) gave them the most. It just shouldn't be connected with a milestone which all the community helped reaching.

But this is only my opinion anyway.

And no, I don't want your shirt, you can keep it :D

Congrats to you and all the other winners.
I can see your point of view and trust me, I have seen it before. I am going to give away a Witcher 3 code, but it is up to you to decide to whom it should belong.

The rules, as you have set forth are:

a) it must be completely random;
b) it must be any living person on this earth;

If you cannot find a person to redeem this code in 24 hours, the gift code will be in your hands. Are you willing to accept this challenge?
Grargar: Yes.
ne_zavarj: Then we don't really reached the 1K .
Depends on how you look at it. If you count in games, then probably no. But the text only mentions "items on our virtual shelf" and "digital boxes on the GOG.com shelf". And to me this makes more sense than counting actual games because everything else would be too confusing. How to treat bundled or removed titles in such a calculation? What about double and triple entries beause of different Editions and Remasters? Would be interesting to know these numbers, but I don't think they're practical for an official count.
congrats guys on the 1k milestone and to the winners of the t shirts.
If its one thing then WE have to thank you guys for creating this wonderful website for us.

Onwards to the next milestone!
Oh, this celebration requires the usual posts...

a) WHERE'S MAH FREE GAME!!!

b) 1000 GAMES BECAUSE YOU PUT INDIE GARBAGE GAMES!!!!1!!

c) COOL, NOW GIVE STEAM KEYS FOR THOSE 1k GAMES!!!!
Congratulations GOG! I wish you to reach the next K soon!

Since this is an unusual announcement on Saturday, I wonder what the upcoming week will bring!!!