It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Is it May 19th yet? </span>

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> is literally right around the corner, but for CD PROJEKT RED it all still seems like a case study in "How much excitement can the human body handle?". We've gotten a lot of gameplay footage recently, but there is nothing quite like a cinematic cutscene to really get the blood pumping. If you've seen the launch cinematics released so far for The Witcher and The Witcher 2 - you should know exactly the kind of quality you can expect.

If you've held out this long - you can still get the game before its May 19th release with the preorder discount, getting it at GOG.com is the one way to support the developers directly, and it gets you a whole bunch of free goodies to boot!

Enough said, check out the night to remember.
Post edited May 14, 2015 by Konrad
slimbopayne: anyone having problems with pre install mine keeps saying im missing installer files
No problem on my side, everything went smoothly using galaxy for me, try it if it's not your case. :)
Is that Abigail from Witcher 1? Sure I've seen her somewhere but can't place it
I almost saw her boobie.
CelestialBunny: Is that Abigail from Witcher 1? Sure I've seen her somewhere but can't place it
No, she isn't. I made a brief article about the story here: http://witcher.gamepedia.com/A_Night_to_Remember

Her hairstyle is similar to Vesna Hood's from TW1 though.
Post edited May 18, 2015 by shmerl
skyrocketz: I almost saw her boobie.
Actually you saw both of them - albeit in highly downgraded console versions.
Yo petit pierrot !

Merci pour the witcher
This is worse the Chrismas eve when i was kid. The worst part my gtx970 and rest of my upgrades will be here today.But the psu wont be here till the 21st. My 650 would probally explode if trys to run it lol.
just a message that someone can add me as friend lol
shmerl: That's a plus in my books, not a minus. True art vs mass market junk. CDPR should be careful and not fall into this mass market mentality.
I wasn't saying it's a minus, I was saying the game had to be expensive and it would be wise to market to as wide an audience as possible.

RudyLis: Judging by published expenses of Witcher 1 and 2 games, another may argue that Witcher 3 cost shouldn't be that great. :) Though we won't know it till they disclose it. IF they disclose it.
W1 and W2 were also far, far smaller in scope than W3. They're both linear games with some decision branches to make along the way, but otherwise you're not given any leave to just go out and explore. That scope costs money.
shmerl: That's a plus in my books, not a minus. True art vs mass market junk. CDPR should be careful and not fall into this mass market mentality.
darkwolf777: I wasn't saying it's a minus, I was saying the game had to be expensive and it would be wise to market to as wide an audience as possible.
Not necessarily. "As wide as possible" can be interpreted as diluting the story for the masses. Mass market mentality rarely works well with unique artistic vision. As long as they are profitable to sustain their future development and recover their costs they are fine. There is no need to "appeal to as wide audience as possible" just for the sake of making an extra buck like some EA and Bioware do.
Post edited May 18, 2015 by shmerl
shmerl: Not necessarily. "As wide as possible" can be interpreted as diluting the story for the masses. Mass market mentality rarely works well with unique artistic vision. As long as they are profitable to sustain their future development and recover their costs they are fine. There is no need to "appeal to as wide audience as possible" just for the sake of making an extra buck like some EA and Bioware do.
You're still misunderstanding.

I'm not talking about "diluting the game for a mass market" I'm talking about getting the word out about the game to as wide an audience as possible. This is why they've been on the PR blitz lately instead of "using that money to make the game better". The game is done. Has been done for a while. It's precisely the right time to market the hell out of it.

PR/marketing does not equate to "diluting the game for a mass market." Marketing to as wide an audience as possible does not equate to "appealing to everyone", unless you consider the mere act of showing your game to everyone the same as "diluting" it so that everyone will like it. You'd be wrong, but at least it'd make sense why you keep misunderstanding what I've been saying.
darkwolf777: I'm not talking about "diluting the game for a mass market" I'm talking about getting the word out about the game to as wide an audience as possible.
They already do it quite a lot, which actually hurt them more than helped in some cases. For instance, they showed early previews of the game, which caused all this "downgrade" scandal later which they handled rather poorly. CDPR could avoid this mess by not releasing early previews altogether. They probably thought it was a good marketing move, but in the end since they weren't transparent about changes that were going on, it caused a lot of people to be upset since they had false expectations. Marketing is a tricky thing.

Note: I personally don't care that much about graphics changes - I'm primarily interested in the story. The above was just an example how supposedly a good marketing move can backfire as well if not handled properly.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by shmerl
shmerl: They already do it quite a lot, which actually hurt them more than helped in some cases. For instance, they showed early previews of the game, which caused all this "downgrade" scandal later which they handled rather poorly. CDPR could avoid this mess by not releasing early previews altogether. They probably thought it was a good marketing move, but in the end since they weren't transparent about changes that were going on, it caused a lot of people to be upset since they had false expectations. Marketing is a tricky thing.
True, it is. They're not called "bullshots" for nothing. But the thing is, the only people that even noticed a change (I won't say downgrade, to me it looks more like an art direction shift away from the grittier early look, not a "consoles can't do this so PCs won't either" situation) are the people that have been following this game like a hawk for years. And that might, at most, make up a small fraction of the total sales for the game. The people who have only just been turned onto the game over the last year, and especially in the last 6 months, are going to be the vast majority of sales. Most probably have not even played the first two games, or read the books. They likely haven't even noticed a shift, and honestly, even if they have, they don't care because the game still looks gorgeous even if it's not as emo gritty as before. I've seen CDPR showing off the later builds of the game this last year almost exclusively on PS4 or XB1 A) because they know that's most likely going to be the majority of sales, sadly... B) because it shows how freaking gorgeous the game is going to be, even on the limited consoles, which gets (or is intended to get) us PC players excited about how much BETTER it's going to look once we've properly upgraded our rigs to handle it.

I think the logo change was brilliant with the III being a stylized King of The Wild Hunt helmet. It's immediately noticed by us as a 3, but to someone who's never played the earlier games or even heard of the series, it might not come of so intimidating because they might view it as just a helmet. Even if they recognize it as a 3, it still gives the impression that they don't necessarily have to know all the back story and intricacies of the previous games/books in order to jump in and play this one. And I'd say their marketing has been on point with that, too. Especially the launch trailer and how it kind of perfectly encapsulates everything you'll learn and do in the game without being obvious and in-your-face "HERE'S A TUTORIAL, GUYS!"

And I'd say it's working. Every major gaming news site is talking about this game, and not one of them is even remotely concerned with a "graphical downgrade", I've even seen mainstream press talking about this game. This isn't something you see for every game release, this is only something you see for games that truly impress upon a wide audience. Even the latest COD or Battlefield didn't get the kind of coverage this game is getting.

You may see this as impending negative, that CDPR is suddenly going to start chasing the dollars and abandon their "core" audience. I see it as positive, that CDPR can use this as an opportunity to grow and pursue more of their passion projects like Cyberpunk 2077. I'll hold my doom and gloom speculation until after they start walking the EA/Ubisoft path. Which, obviously, hopefully they never do.
darkwolf777: You may see this as impending negative, that CDPR is suddenly going to start chasing the dollars and abandon their "core" audience. I see it as positive, that CDPR can use this as an opportunity to grow and pursue more of their passion projects like Cyberpunk 2077. I'll hold my doom and gloom speculation until after they start walking the EA/Ubisoft path. Which, obviously, hopefully they never do.
I don't mind their marketing efforts, as long as they don't compromise their established values. Good to hear that major gaming media is talking about TW3 positively. I don't follow any of that (practically never), so I have no clue about it.

About the "downgrade", I think CDPR have full right to decide how to handle graphics in their own game, but they could avoid some negative reactions by simply being more forthcoming and open about those changes. It would only earn them more respect from the community.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by shmerl