It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drmike: Just curious as this just came up in another thread and again please excuse me if this was previously covered but I don't recall it.

Do most of the employees speak Polish as their first language? Is it mostly Polish in the offices or something else? Nationalities? Or do they all speak binary since they're programmers?

I;ve mentioned before that I work for a webhost and our backup servers are located in France. The few times I've had to actually pick up the phone, very rarely do that have anyone who speaks English there and I have to rely on my 30 years out of date high school French.
They mostly do speak English there. They are however a team of several nationalitys so different first languages wit probably most of them being Polish.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by MarkoH01
drmike: Just curious as this just came up in another thread and again please excuse me if this was previously covered but I don't recall it.

Do most of the employees speak Polish as their first language? Is it mostly Polish in the offices or something else? Nationalities? Or do they all speak binary since they're programmers?

I;ve mentioned before that I work for a webhost and our backup servers are located in France. The few times I've had to actually pick up the phone, very rarely do that have anyone who speaks English there and I have to rely on my 30 years out of date high school French.
All of our job offers require ability to communicate in English, offers themselves are in English, and you have to send your CV in English too.

Most of the employees are Polish, but large percent of almost every team are foreigners from all around the world. Which I personally like here very much. :)

Johny.: All of our job offers require ability to communicate in English, offers themselves are in English, and you have to send your CV in English too.
I would imagine if they work in this forum they also have to be fluent in bullshit and douchebag. :P
high rated
tinyE: I would imagine if they work in this forum they also have to be fluent in bullshit and douchebag. :P
Now think of those that were recruited *from* this forum... :P
tinyE: I would imagine if they work in this forum they also have to be fluent in bullshit and douchebag. :P
Thiev: Now think of those that were recruited *from* this forum... :P
Judas, did you see what Thiev said about you?!
Thiev: Now think of those that were recruited *from* this forum... :P
GR00T: Judas, did you see what Thiev said about you?!
Oooh, now the shit is gonna hit the fan! :-D
drmike: Or do they all speak binary since they're programmers?
Few programmers speak binary nowadays, and even its closest relative -assembly- has a fuckload of dialects that are practically unintelligible to each other. Then we go to more high-level languages: Ecmascript, Haskell, Fetlang, Ook!, Python, and you get into a whole mess of no-one-understands-each-other.
drmike: Or do they all speak binary since they're programmers?
Maighstir: Few programmers speak binary nowadays, and even its closest relative -assembly- has a fuckload of dialects that are practically unintelligible to each other. Then we go to more high-level languages: Ecmascript, Haskell, Fetlang, Ook!, Python, and you get into a whole mess of no-one-understands-each-other.
Yes but I need one that speaks Bocce. And no protocol programmers! I have no need for one of those.
tinyE: Yes but I need one that speaks Bocce. And no protocol programmers! I have no need for one of those.
What about that red one, Uncle Owen?
Maighstir: Few programmers speak binary nowadays, and even its closest relative -assembly- has a fuckload of dialects that are practically unintelligible to each other. Then we go to more high-level languages: Ecmascript, Haskell, Fetlang, Ook!, Python, and you get into a whole mess of no-one-understands-each-other.
tinyE: Yes but I need one that speaks Bocce. And no protocol programmers! I have no need for one of those.
+1 for the first rate reference!
Since some of the folks in blue are reading the thread, how about one of y'all be-bop, sashay, waltz, teleport, mind meld, mosey, or otherwise make your way over to the Elex release NEWS thread and Elex sub-forum and answer your customers' questions about the Day One patch status of the shiny new $50 game?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_elex_e511b/page1

https://www.gog.com/forum/elex/version_10_day_1_patch

https://www.gog.com/forum/elex/version_10_day_1_patch/post9

Yes, I'm going to be a nag about this, especially in light of the furious note-taking that allegedly occurred when folks were invited to give feedback in person on exactly this type of problem. 48+ hours and counting, while the more recent $15 Mafia release is getting blue lovin'...
Another just curious question. Was there any talk about where the average GoG customer comes from? Any countries that stay away?

I ask because of this thread and it got me thinking:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/why_do_you_think_japanese_companies_shy_away_from_gogcom
drmike: Another just curious question. Was there any talk about where the average GoG customer comes from? Any countries that stay away?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/why_do_you_think_japanese_companies_shy_away_from_gogcom
Nothing like that as far as I recall.
drmike: Another just curious question. Was there any talk about where the average GoG customer comes from? Any countries that stay away?

GR00T: Nothing like that as far as I recall.
Thank you.
Was there any response from GOG concerning their store curation methodology?