It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wishbone: [..]At this point, MarkoH01 still not having taken the card out of the machine, the ATM [..] ate the card!
[..] The card was gone, and would not be returned, but would in fact be shredded. [..]
"This card will self destruct in 10 seconds.."
Post edited October 07, 2017 by phaolo
GR00T: [...] they took a lot of shit and some hard questions from us. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Are the shit and questions, and how you asked them, also covered by the NDA, or can you freely share?
The shit and the questions are in many cases the same thing, and given that they are more or less identical to what has already been thrown around on the forum, I think we can freely share. What we cannot necessarily freely share are the answers.

For instance, I'm pretty sure my question regarding the Galaxy installers ran along the lines of "What the hell were you thinking?!?" Ordinarily I'd probably have used the word "fuck" rather than "hell", but given that we were their guests and they were being very nice to us, I thought a small concession to diplomacy was in order.

So yes, we did give them a lot of shit, and they took it to heart. They were not being aggressively defensive in any way. They know they are not perfect, they know they have made mistakes. That's why they wanted our input in the first place, in order to do better in the future. I for one find that admirable.
HypersomniacLive: Is the part I highlighted meant as "fully offline installers that will not depend on any kind of network or client connection" and "single player experiences that will not depend on any kind of network or client connection", or "fully offline installers" and "single player experiences that will not depend on any kind of network or client connection"?
The later IMHO.

HypersomniacLive: Does "the site" refer to other parts of GOG's site, or does it also include the forum?
Mostly the site itself I think, they are looking to replace the forum so I doubt they will do any significant changes on the existing one, maybe a couple of minor bug fixes and tweaks but nothing major.

HypersomniacLive: Feedback on what exactly pertaining to moderation? Did the topic come up only for GOG to get feedback, or did they share any ideas/plans as to how to improve forum moderation, but you're bind by the NDA and can't say anything more?
It was mostly them asking feedback. How did we feel about it, did we perceive a improvement in the forum "atmosphere" things like that.

HypersomniacLive: Is this your impression, or was that explicitly stated and there's an actual plan as to how they'll do it?
They want to improve communication with the community, that's something they made clear, and this invitation was one of the first steps in that direction, about the rest of the plan, I guess they wanted to have our (as members of the community) feedback first and then, based on that, plan what to do next.

HypersomniacLive: What exactly did you tell them, and in what context?
Personally I mentioned the fact that they often change the name of the download folder for the backups making it hard to keep your backups up to date, other talked about the change logs or the notification. But you have to understand that a lot of it was for them to get feedback about issues, and/or hear suggestions, not necessarily to give a answer/solution to them immediately. We will have to wait to see which one they will fix and how they will do it.
This has been a good read. I followed most of it before it spun off the rails a bit. While my opinion of GOG has drifted over the past couple years, I am envious at this unique opportunity.

I understand GOG has accumulated quite a healthy physical collection given what's needed to release the classics. So my question is, and maybe this has already been mentioned/answered, did you all get to see this collection in its glory? :D
HypersomniacLive: Is the part I highlighted meant as "fully offline installers that will not depend on any kind of network or client connection" and "single player experiences that will not depend on any kind of network or client connection", or "fully offline installers" and "single player experiences that will not depend on any kind of network or client connection"?
First one. Neither the installers nor the games will require network or client connection for single player. They may use either of those for various features if available, but they won't require them.

HypersomniacLive: Does "the site" refer to other parts of GOG's site, or does it also include the forum?
I think it's little bit of a, little bit of b. Not sure of all their plans yet, but we'll see how it goes.

HypersomniacLive: Feedback on what exactly pertaining to moderation? Did the topic come up only for GOG to get feedback, or did they share any ideas/plans as to how to improve forum moderation, but you're bind by the NDA and can't say anything more?
Mostly feedback. But when feedback also contains "What would you like to see more/less of", then it also contains sharing of ideas and plans. I don't think they told us any of their plans, but we did give them our opinions on how it is so far.

HypersomniacLive: Are the shit and questions, and how you asked them, also covered by the NDA, or can you freely share?
Others already covered this.

HypersomniacLive: Is this your impression, or was that explicitly stated and there's an actual plan as to how they'll do it?
Mostly our impression. We are still waiting for a few things to see how that's handled.

HypersomniacLive: If I may ask, you know them by name because they told you themselves, or did GOG share with you who else was invited but didn't/couldn't/etc. attend?
Bit of both. 4 of the people we know have already said they got an invite in this thread, 1 other is no longer posting in the forum from what I recall, and there's at least one more that hasn't said anything. Shame we couldn't meet them, but it was a short notice after all.
No, I'm not naming names.

Pre-post edit: As you can see, even among ourselves there is a difference in understanding. Thus why the open discussion, because memory is faulty, and understanding may be as well.
foxworks: This has been a good read. I followed most of it before it spun off the rails a bit. While my opinion of GOG has drifted over the past couple years, I am envious at this unique opportunity.

I understand GOG has accumulated quite a healthy physical collection given what's needed to release the classics. So my question is, and maybe this has already been mentioned/answered, did you all get to see this collection in its glory? :D
We saw some things, certainly, but probably only a small fraction of what is there. I did not get the impression that there is a vault somewhere where "The Collection" is kept. I saw lots of old game boxes here and there on shelves, alongside much newer ones, action figures, comic books and other kinds of game memorabilia.
foxworks: This has been a good read. I followed most of it before it spun off the rails a bit. While my opinion of GOG has drifted over the past couple years, I am envious at this unique opportunity.

Wishbone: We saw some things, certainly, but probably only a small fraction of what is there. I did not get the impression that there is a vault somewhere where "The Collection" is kept. I saw lots of old game boxes here and there on shelves, alongside much newer ones, action figures, comic books and other kinds of game memorabilia.
Cheers for the feedback!
Wishbone: We saw some things, certainly, but probably only a small fraction of what is there. I did not get the impression that there is a vault somewhere where "The Collection" is kept. I saw lots of old game boxes here and there on shelves, alongside much newer ones, action figures, comic books and other kinds of game memorabilia.
foxworks: Cheers for the feedback!
No problem. I don't have pictures of any of the stuff though, because it was all inside the actual offices, and they asked us kindly not to take pictures in there, which we fully understood.
foxworks: Cheers for the feedback!
Wishbone: No problem. I don't have pictures of any of the stuff though, because it was all inside the actual offices, and they asked us kindly not to take pictures in there, which we fully understood.
True. I'd be shocked if pictures were allowed. ;-)
I have now learnt that cash machines are vile things. :-)
I'd like to thank GOG for reaching out to part of the community, and also thank the participants for deciding to share the gist of what happened with the community.

I do wonder two things though about the forum part of the whole thing. The first one might be a non-issue, but I really don't know for certain. I wonder if the wishlist part of the site is tied to the forum part .They seem linked somehow (I might be wrong), so I'm wondering if they change the forum part of the site, if it'll have an impact on the wishlist feature of the site. While it sometimes seems like the wishlist is "just for show" I do hope it helps convince some publishers / developers to bring their game here; and I do like to tell GOG what game I'd like to buy from their store. I don't think I'd like to lose that part of the site.

The second thing I wonder is why ask only part of the community what the possible new forum features should/could be, when they could ask the whole community. Have a more thorough overview of what's expected and desired and make a more enlightened choice. I did think about starting a thread for it myself, but the thread I already keep updated is time consuming for me. In all honesty, I don't think I could do a good job starting a new thread for that subject. Actually, I'll start it if no one else does; but if someone wants to keep a thread with an OP listing the features suggested please do. Otherwise I might start one and see how often I'd update the OP. Scratch that I'll start it now...
fr33kSh0w2012: Lights on but no one home, eh?

Explained HERE - (CLICK HERE)
got one
Themken: I have now learnt that cash machines are vile things. :-)
Oh I can tell you, they are. Keep away from them at all costs. I am so lucky it did not eat me as well. ;)
metricfun: I do wonder two things though about the forum part of the whole thing. The first one might be a non-issue, but I really don't know for certain. I wonder if the wishlist part of the site is tied to the forum part .They seem linked somehow (I might be wrong), so I'm wondering if they change the forum part of the site, if it'll have an impact on the wishlist feature of the site. While it sometimes seems like the wishlist is "just for show" I do hope it helps convince some publishers / developers to bring their game here; and I do like to tell GOG what game I'd like to buy from their store. I don't think I'd like to lose that part of the site.
Not sure about the connection between the wishlist and the forum (not really sure I understand the question though, either), but they did specifically state that the wishlist does help to convince publishers to put their games on GOG.
Themken: I have now learnt that cash machines are vile things. :-)
MarkoH01: Oh I can tell you, they are. Keep away from them at all costs. I am so lucky it did not eat me as well. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GQg06SX90