It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For only $20 US, you can receive a comprehensive printed manual on a how to play (and win) at WINTREK. Players Manual offers in-depth coverage of every control and system, a section on strategy and hints, Alien and Ship data charts, and lots of other useful information. In addition, you'll receive the latest version of the software on diskette.

YES, Send me the WINTREK Player's Manual and disk. Enclosed is a check or money order (payable in US. Funds) for $20. (Overseas Air Mail shipments: enclose $25 US).

Days gone by. DLC before it hurt.
fr33kSh0w2012: I called them EXECUTABLES, COMMAND FILES and APPLICATIONS.
You're so old that you use the proper terminology!

That's old as fuck man.
johnnygoging: DLC before it hurt.
Unless you whiped that box really hard.
Post edited February 11, 2016 by ScotchMonkey
Allow us to immortalize them as offline copies. ;)
Breja: Apps? Windows 3.1? Did anyone call anything an "app" back then?
Barefoot_Monkey: Yes, that is what they were called most of the time back then.
Maybe on the development end of things. I never personally used app, nor did anyone I know/heard of. In my experience, most PC "end users" called them programs, sometimes applications (usually this referred to a Windows program, though), and -- in more technical contexts -- executables. I didn't really start to hear of apps until the promotion of software made specifically for phones, and later tablets, started to make that term a thing.

Of course, this might be one of those cases of regional differences in terminology, I suppose.
Post edited February 12, 2016 by HunchBluntley
fr33kSh0w2012: I called them EXECUTABLES, COMMAND FILES and APPLICATIONS.
ScotchMonkey: You're so old that you use the proper terminology!
That's old as fuck man.
Why Thank you, I am Turning Thirty Three (33) Years old this year.
ScotchMonkey: You're so old that you use the proper terminology!
That's old as fuck man.
fr33kSh0w2012: Why Thank you, I am Turning Thirty Three (33) Years old this year.
Ah I too remember the days of Dial Up and Win 3.1
This is...quite interesting-looking. Always neat to catch a glimpse of the past, I suppose.