It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

icewindofchange: I guess we all should write to tech support. I tried, but that dont help much. I guess Ill just ask money back and buy a chaos gate, until they fix Final Liberation on windows 8.

It actually worked with someone on windows 8?
Yes and no.

On a prior thread over the game crashing after the SSI logo played, Tarm - a Win 8 user - reported that the cutscenes were running for them, whereas unless completely disabled they are crashing the game for others on Win 8 like me. However, as can be seen above they still have the lag problem if they try to use the movement and range overlays so it's still not exactly working but it could be considered playable to a degree.

But yes, the contact support and Chaos Gate seems to be a good idea.
icewindofchange: Same problem here. I had no problems on my old Windows 7, It seems that it is a Windows 8+ only problem.
I'll just also confirm that it works fine on my Win 7 desktop but I experience this issue on my Win 8 laptop.
I've got the exact same problem on windows 7.
Another vote for the slowdown movement/combat overlay issue

Windows 7 x64 with an R9 285.

I suspect the cause of the problem is similar to the Close Combat 2 menu slowdown bug. (DirectDraw)

I've tried running the game through:
> DXWND
> Disabling DirectDraw (with CloseCombatStarter)
> Using PalettestealerSuspender
> DDHack Wrapper

Neither option appears to work and some stop the game from even starting =\

I imagine we'll need some kind of wrapper to make the game work properly (such as Timeslip's Fallout wrapper)

The game is playable as long as the overlays aren't used.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by mwnn
I tried this game on Win7 and Win 8 on the same PC, and Win 8 has this issue.
I bought this game here hoping that the Issue was solved, but no.

Playing without shadows is practically impossible, except you plan playing arty and arty only, they shoot so far, they dont care. Counting squares is not an option, since there are lots and lots of them + there are lots of situations where you need to know exact range due to some special ork units that rain canonfire or drop one-shot missiles.

Anyway, when this problem will be fixed, Ill buy the game again.
I wonder if it depends on Galaxy? I get a feeling it's like Steams Overlay problem that happens sometimes.
Tarm: I wonder if it depends on Galaxy?
I used the direct download to install, and I still have the problem. The game is still quite playable, though, so I don't understand why people are freaking out about it. It seems like a typical issue for an old game to have.
Tarm: I wonder if it depends on Galaxy?
alcaray: I used the direct download to install, and I still have the problem. The game is still quite playable, though, so I don't understand why people are freaking out about it. It seems like a typical issue for an old game to have.
Thank you for telling.

A very important part of Final Liberation is management of your and your opponents movement and shoot points. If you can make your opponent waste his you'll probably win. Also who shoots first is hugely important sometimes like all infantry engagements.
This is made much easier to manage when you can see those ranges.
I updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10 today and still have this problem though it isn't as severe. The freeze time seems to be shorter.
On the other hand the whole game feels laggy and unresponsive.
Any news on this issue?
Is there any chance of this getting fixed?

I love Final Liberation, I still own the original and I wouldn't mind owning it on GOG as well so I can play it on modern computers. But I'm not going to buy it again if it lags during something that can happen dozens of time per turn.
I learned to get by just fine with the overlays turned off. Made the game a little more exciting, actually, since you could never be completely sure if you could hit them after your move or if they might get you next turn. Felt more authentic.
Bump.

I need this fixed!
Tarm: Bump.

I need this fixed!
I wouldn't get your hopes up, but you might have better luck letting Support know rather than bumping this thread.
I installed the game on my computer for the first time : Windows 7 64bits with an nvidia GT440 (a new "old" computer, thanks to a friend :))... And I encountered the lag ; before, I was on a laptop with an ATI Mobility 5470HD with an old driver and there wasn't any trouble.

But I found a way to "fix" it (for me) : I uninstalled my graphic card driver (v 361.43) and reinstalled an older version, which is recommended to be able to play some GOG games (like Dungeon Keeper 2 for example) : v337.88. And it works for me :D
I can't say for sure that it's the solution, but for me it seems to have solved the problem... Hope this will help some people :)
Post edited December 30, 2015 by Splatsch