It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What is the best way to fly to keep your EMV to a minimum? SO far the best I get without crashing inevitably is doing 60% thrust with flaps and the nose elevated a bit.

In the manual it says I should be able to do this at 30%, I have tried but crashed
Attachments:
6otw6dr.png (32 Kb)
30% Might be possible with no weapons but with a full load I don't think it can fly level without stalling.
I generally fly at 70% thrust at ~450m altitude on autopilot.

The enemy radar length towards your EMV is a function of your altitude.
If the enemy is close to detecting you, you need to lower your altitude to 150-200m and their detection range will go back significantly.
40%, at about 400 feet is VERY unstable.

If you are concerned with detection, and EMV, then fly the Lockheed version. Don't need no stinkin' air to air missiles!
Yes, Lockheed's version is more stealthy.
As best I've been able to work out:

1 - Detection is mostly a function of altitude and speed

2 - Flying for any length of time at 30% on autopilot is not possible

3 - It is possible to fly at 300 feet / 120 knots on autopilot, which evades most radars and most planes (except a full-frontal MiG-31 / Su-27 with a good pilot, or an IL-76 from any angle). To do this, start by flying at say 50% / 450 feet (as permitted by standard autopilot), then extend flaps, reduce to 40%, put on the breaks - you should slowly, gradually transition to 300 feet / 120 knots, with your nose naturally trimming upwards - once that is done remember to remove the breaks or you'll stall (but keep the flaps out), and voila! It is possible to execute gentle banks in this configuration, but remember that returning to more normal flight will in most cases require you first to increase power (at least a little)

4 - On the subject of IL-76s, I've found I can approach them undetected by flying just above stall speed (120 knots with flaps extended, say) at 75 feet. This is doable as long as your flaps are extended and you are not using ACCEL (unless you are God). Then once you get to within 10 kilometers of the beast, increase thrust to 100%, pounce up to the IL-76's altitude like a leopard, and shoot him out of the sky - in most cases, he will detect you but won't deploy one of his dreaded AA-10s
Post edited May 19, 2020 by Rimbe