It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've encountered another strange bug - after killing last Noble of a rival house on the next turn I get a message 'Unit list out of order!' and can't skip it, clicking 'OK' or Esc does nothing.
Hey can you post the most recent save file on github (with instructions on how to reproduce) so we can take a look?

https://github.com/HDIAndrew/EFS/issues
Post edited March 07, 2023 by festivefloralpond
festivefloralpond: Hey can you post the most recent save file on github (with instructions on how to reproduce) so we can take a look?

https://github.com/HDIAndrew/EFS/issues
I've created new issue and added my save file that was just after killing last Hazat noble.
You get "Unit List Out of Order" everytime you play from the last saved game?
HDIAndrew: You get "Unit List Out of Order" everytime you play from the last saved game?
No, just when i kill the last noble of rival house, if I don't kill him the game goes on normally.
To be precise in the save I attached on the github - the message should be seen every time, because the noble is dead.
Post edited March 08, 2023 by bpi
HDIAndrew: You get "Unit List Out of Order" everytime you play from the last saved game?
bpi: No, just when i kill the last noble of rival house, if I don't kill him the game goes on normally.
To be precise in the save I attached on the github - the message should be seen every time, because the noble is dead.
Thanks, we will take a look at it. We’ve been fighting this bug for a while now, and we made progress on it in 1.51 but there were still some aspects of it that we couldn’t nail down before release.
The clergies can´t be loaded in the landers. Is this intended?
Roberbond: The clergies can´t be loaded in the landers. Is this intended?
Yes, this is actually intended by the original designers of Nova. Here's a quote from their notes:

"Clergy have been made into combat units with a psych attack. They
cost nothing to build, but must undergo a long period of training in a
Church. They cannot be transported, so it's difficult for them to go far
from their Church."
Question - as someone new to the game, would you recommend starting with this mod, or playing vanilla first?

Also, the link to the discord does not seem to work. :(
Typical_Name: Question - as someone new to the game, would you recommend starting with this mod, or playing vanilla first?

hmm, that's weird, the discord link works for me. I do already have access, so I'm wondering that maybe you don't have access yet. Here's a discord invite to the channel: https://discord.gg/QhTUDWCG. Maybe if you get the invite link first, then the discord link to Nova will work.

To answer your question, for 1.51 honestly I would recommend vanilla, but just be sure to set the difficulty level for ALL HOUSES to beginner, and be sure to choose Historical galaxy. This will give beginners the easiest time. In the decades old 1.4 days, Nova was a big improvement on vanilla because it had so many problems, but in 1.51 those problems are mostly resolved, so therefore Nova doesn't really have as much value as it used to.

I released Nova2.4 alongside 1.51 mainly so people can go check it out, and also partially to give other future modders some examples on what mods can do in 1.51 (specifically with changes to ruins/randgal and tech proscription). But for regular players I don't think Nova2.4 really adds much.

After you're comfortable with Vanilla, you can choose either the Overhaul Mod (it's on the discord), which is like a hardcore mode but otherwise very similar in feel to vanilla. Or you could try out Emperor Wars, which is a mod that gives a LOT of new techs and units and a very different feel for how it's played.
Post edited June 12, 2023 by festivefloralpond
Typical_Name: Question - as someone new to the game, would you recommend starting with this mod, or playing vanilla first?

festivefloralpond: hmm, that's weird, the discord link works for me. I do already have access, so I'm wondering that maybe you don't have access yet. Here's a discord invite to the channel: https://discord.gg/QhTUDWCG. Maybe if you get the invite link first, then the discord link to Nova will work.

To answer your question, for 1.51 honestly I would recommend vanilla, but just be sure to set the difficulty level for ALL HOUSES to beginner, and be sure to choose Historical galaxy. This will give beginners the easiest time. In the decades old 1.4 days, Nova was a big improvement on vanilla because it had so many problems, but in 1.51 those problems are mostly resolved, so therefore Nova doesn't really have as much value as it used to.

I released Nova2.4 alongside 1.51 mainly so people can go check it out, and also partially to give other future modders some examples on what mods can do in 1.51 (specifically with changes to ruins/randgal and tech proscription). But for regular players I don't think Nova2.4 really adds much.

After you're comfortable with Vanilla, you can choose either the Overhaul Mod (it's on the discord), which is like a hardcore mode but otherwise very similar in feel to vanilla. Or you could try out Emperor Wars, which is a mod that gives a LOT of new techs and units and a very different feel for how it's played.
Swag, thanks. That discord link worked. :)

festivefloralpond: hmm, that's weird, the discord link works for me. I do already have access, so I'm wondering that maybe you don't have access yet. Here's a discord invite to the channel: https://discord.gg/QhTUDWCG. Maybe if you get the invite link first, then the discord link to Nova will work.

Dear festivefloralpond

I tried the Discord- Link https://discord.gg/QhTUDWCG but unfortunately it say that it's an "Invalid Invitation". Have you got an actual one? I would appreciate that very much.

Best regards
Tom
Link expires after 7 days. Try this one I just created https://discord.gg/g7Yk6E6m
Hello.
How can I download the mod?
Thanks in advance!
Prince_Iktorn: Hello.
How can I download the mod?
Thanks in advance!
Go to the first post on the first page of this thread for instructions.