It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silverhawk170485: I also realised that the hero's weapon in combat is always the same. I eqipped an ogre club but the hero swung a sword. Is this normal in this genere?
DodoGeo: Yes, don't really know of any such game where the appearance would change.

For some reason I have a bunch of story entries in my journal after finishing the Tutorial. Spoilerific bug!
Apart from that nothing game breaking yet for me, just minor nuances.
Those journal entries is part of one of the endings in the game and it's too early to tell if they are just prematurely added to the journal or if there is actually a problem with the triggers. It's very possible that this will mess upp all campaigns further a long the line
Orpheusftw: I suspected this would be the case again (a more expensive, very sub-par release with "fancy new 3d graphics"), but everyone including beta testers heaped so much praise on it...
It has been pretty clear on this subforum that this would be a buggy release. Not sure where everyone praised this.
DodoGeo: Yes, don't really know of any such game where the appearance would change.

For some reason I have a bunch of story entries in my journal after finishing the Tutorial. Spoilerific bug!
Apart from that nothing game breaking yet for me, just minor nuances.
trucane: Those journal entries is part of one of the endings in the game and it's too early to tell if they are just prematurely added to the journal or if there is actually a problem with the triggers. It's very possible that this will mess upp all campaigns further a long the line
Yep this has potential to be a serious bug. I am positive on this game, but if this doesnt get fixed asap we know the situation and i reverse my opinion :)
To follow up: the campaign/journal bug is annoying but just cosmetic.

So my initial assessment stands: the game has minor bugs and providing it gets patched i don't see how snowbird are behaving outrageously here, not unless you are holding them to higher standards than other publishers.
Post edited April 21, 2013 by rahal
rahal: To follow up: the campaign/journal bug is annoying but just cosmetic.

So my initial assessment stands: the game has minor bugs and providing it gets patched i don't see how snowbird are behaving outrageously here, not unless you are holding them to higher standards than other publishers.
How do you know that? I haven't seen the devs mention anything about it yet.
Gremlion: b)Gemcraft2 http://gameinabottle.com/blog/ Probably best tower defence game in a world, I would gladly buy premium content in it on release. (There is no preordering). This lone dev made regular posts about each milestone during development.
Vitek: Have you played Defender's Quest? It's available here and it's very good tower defense game?
Thanks for mentioning this one, it looks interesting and this is the first time I heard of it.

wrongsprite: Way I see it, if the beta is still buggy, so what? Obviously any problems that came up in the beta they're just going to fix for the main game release, instead of bothering with updating a beta which will soon be obsolete.
Vitek: Are you aware this game was already released today?
Check the time of my post...it wasn't released then :/ Evidently so, since I preordered it, I would have been playing, not on the forum.
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me the only complaints are about bugs and lack of multiplayer, because to me, the game seems like loads of fun. Is there something I'm not seeing the oh so enlightened OP could tell me?
Combiner: Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me the only complaints are about bugs and lack of multiplayer, because to me, the game seems like loads of fun. Is there something I'm not seeing the oh so enlightened OP could tell me?
If you can't see it then you need an eye doctor. i'm afraid its out of my hands. so says the enlightened op.
The game plays just as I expected it would, though maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones that hasnt had any major bugs. It still has all the depth and replayability, so I can see just fine.
Post edited April 21, 2013 by Combiner
low rated
Combiner: The game plays just as I expected it would, though maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones that hasnt had any major bugs. It still has all the depth and replayability, so I can see just fine.
How nice of you to share that with everyone. You deserve a medal for not seeing something to now seeing once again. We shall name your medal "TROLLING wannabee of the YEAR".
Combiner: Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me the only complaints are about bugs and lack of multiplayer, because to me, the game seems like loads of fun. Is there something I'm not seeing the oh so enlightened OP could tell me?
bossonova: If you can't see it then you need an eye doctor. i'm afraid its out of my hands. so says the enlightened op.
Or perhaps he/she really doesn't have any bugs in the game?
Are you so absorbed in your dislike that you cannot possible understand that not all have the same bugs as you have?

Several people have said they have a good working game and all you can do is call them trolls. You are ruining your own credibility with such behavior.
low rated
bossonova: If you can't see it then you need an eye doctor. i'm afraid its out of my hands. so says the enlightened op.
Liljna: Or perhaps he/she really doesn't have any bugs in the game?
Are you so absorbed in your dislike that you cannot possible understand that not all have the same bugs as you have?

Several people have said they have a good working game and all you can do is call them trolls. You are ruining your own credibility with such behavior.
Yeah that was it. You must be a she cause now your putting words in my mouth. nice try though.
Liljna: Or perhaps he/she really doesn't have any bugs in the game?

bossonova: Yeah that was it. You must be a she cause now your putting words in my mouth. nice try though.
Hahahahahaaha. I think my wife will find that hilarious :P
Go grab a beer, mate. It will do you some good.
bossonova: Yeah that was it. You must be a she cause now your putting words in my mouth. nice try though.
Liljna: Hahahahahaaha. I think my wife will find that hilarious :P
Go grab a beer, mate. It will do you some good.
yeah that makes sense. Thank you for posting, bye bye now.
http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?forums/eador-motbw-%E2%80%94-technical-problems.27/

Go to this link above to put your technical problems so that they can be informed about it. They also wrote an apology that they have posted on steam but not here for some reason and it goes as follows.

Hello guys.

First of all, we want to sincerely apologize for the difficulties many of you encountered upon the game release. We're very sorry to let you down and we're doing our best to fix the most critical problems of the game as soon as possible.

Eador. MotBW is the first big project for our small team and clearly we were not completely ready for the international release. Seeing how many problems are caused by the difference in PC configurations, we realize that we should have tried to go with the 'Early Access' option first. Unfortunately, we couldn't foresee the current outcome back in January when the game was greenlit to be on Steam.

In the next few days we'll fix the the siege and story progression bugs, add 'hotseat' mode and an option for private matches in the multiplayer. A more detailed list of the upcoming fixes will be posted on this board on Monday.

We'll also be adding a 60 page guide with a detailed units, heroes and skills description in addition to the current manual next week.

The studio is keeping track of your reported technical issues so constructive feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Snowbird Games.