i wish i could follow that post i dont understand wat u mean lol sorry im dislexic so i kinda need step by step instructions lol !
This can be tricky if you're not 100% confident with patching games, but I'll try my best to break it down for you.
1) Before doing anything, it is recommended to backup your Dungeon Keeper 2 install by copying it to another location. This allows you to revert back to normal if anything goes wrong.
2) Download GIM_v0.63B.7z
3) Browse your Dungeon Keeper 2 folder using Windows Explorer and delete the "maps" sub-folder located in Data/editor/maps/
4) Extract GIM_v0.63B.7z and copy ALL the files into your Dungeon Keeper 2 folder. Overwrite any existing files.
5) Make a shortcut to DKII.EXE on your desktop and try loading the game from that shortcut. It should work perfectly for Nvidia graphics card owners, but AMD and on-board graphics can be problematic.
6) If the game does not load or you experience a black screen, try XP or 98/ME compatibility mode first.
- If that doesn't help, run this registry file
to easily disable hardware acceleration
- You might also need to launch the game with -softwarefilter
on the shortcut
7) Both the host and client must be using the GIM mod in order for this to work
- To confirm that everything is working correctly, the title screen should have V1.5 written at the bottom left.
Further information and help is available by reading the GIMReadme.txt
provided with the mod.