It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't seem to be able to use 16:9 resolutions (even in interpolated mode); they are always greyed out. If I choose one of the others specifying 16:9, the screen appears compressed (as in anamporhic video) but still in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I'm having the same problem. It's very frustrating. I actually have a 16:10 display and there is no 16:10 settings option at all. It doesn't really matter though because no matter what I set the resolution at, it never changes at all. I wish there was an answer for this issue.
Hi,

first sorry for my english.

So i have a little fix for the widscreen users. I know it works for ATI and i think for for NVIDEA to but i am not sure for NVIDEA.

1. Start the game and set your resolution.
2. choose the widscreen option you want save and quit the game.
3. now switch your desktop resolution to the one you choose in the game
4. start your catalyst control center and look for an option must be called "gpu scaling"...
5 aktivate gpu scaling and use the sceond point, must be named stretching or so, iam not sure i got just the germen version of the ATI CCC, sorry. after that safe and close the CCC.
6.now change yout destop resolution back to the normal resolution you alway use.
7. start the game and play in widescreen.

So i dont know where the options are in the NVIDEA driver, so if someone know it, please post it.

I hope it will help a little, cya :)
Attachments:
ccc.jpg (98 Kb)
Post edited May 09, 2012 by FreakKillerONE
Hey, thanks, FreakKillerONE! That worked! I play these GOG games on my wimpy little laptop, which only has an Intel HD 3000 graphics processor, but I was able to get into Intel's graphics settings and work a fix similar to what you described with the CCC. Thanks, again!
Post edited August 08, 2012 by gregorysuarez
Ye, black borders are good.

It seems to me though like the game uses some lower resolution. Even if I set 1280x1024 I think this is still 800x600 or 1024x768. Not 100% sure but there is quite a lot of jaggies in the distance and it is REALLY hard to see stuff.

A shame since game seems nice otherwise.
What's really strange about this is that I also purchased the Mac version of this a few years ago and it has all the options for every resolution, yet this Windows version doesn't let you properly select the ratio or resolution. Why would they leave that out of this? I notice they have got this on Steam now as well and people are complaining about the resolution issue. I guess the company just doesn't care. Topware makes some of my favorite games (Two Worlds series) but are not very responsive about issues like this. I wonder if looking at the Mac version and how it operates might provide some insight as to how to enable the proper resolutions/ratios on the Windows version. The programs seem identical otherwise. I have no skill at such things though. Perhaps a simple edit of a configuration file could resolve it.