It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

http://store.steampowered.com/app/327940/

And that's just its 25%-off "promotion" price. After that they'll be charging $6.99 for it.

I wonder if this means the game will no longer be free here for long. If not, then just... lol
cannard: I wonder if this means the game will no longer be free here for long. If not, then just... lol
Possibly, unlike GOG Steam list the publisher as Night Dive, they much bought the right to the game.

Hmm, better make a backup of the game just in case!
high rated
I think that the worst they can do is to make you pay if you don't have the game already in your library. I doubt that they will start removing the game from people's accounts, because it's a gift which has been already given. I have games in my GOG and Steam libraries, which were free only for a short period of time and no one has removed these games from my libraries afterwards.
Post edited October 18, 2014 by OlausPetrus
cannard: http://store.steampowered.com/app/327940/

And that's just its 25%-off "promotion" price. After that they'll be charging $6.99 for it.

I wonder if this means the game will no longer be free here for long. If not, then just... lol
Night Dive loves adding extras to their games, but doesn't sound like they got much for this.......definitely a rip off
Officially confirmed by the maintainer of the game on Steam, Dragonsphere won't be free for long here.
Grargar: Officially confirmed by the maintainer of the game on Steam, Dragonsphere won't be free for long here.
Ha I love the tone of the message here:

Hello.
I am the maintainer of this game on Steam.

My collegue mentioned this in another post similar to this one but it got lost in the mix so I will post it again.

"Dragonsphere on GOG was part of a deal with Atari that will be expiring soon. It won't be free on GOG for long."

The rightsholders have now changed and they would like some kind of compensation for the intellectual property they have paid for.

I hope this clears some things up,

Dan
Night Dive

Somehow it sounds very condescending. Everybody on here needs to add it to their library if they haven't already. I wouldn't ever buy it on GOG out of principle when it goes to paid status.
Well, it's been 4 months since the last post in this thread yet Dragonsphere is still a free game and there have been no blue responses regarding this...............

If "Dragonsphere on GOG was part of a deal with Atari that will be expiring soon. It won't be free on GOG for long.". then how long is "not for long"? Must be longer than 4 months.........
I suppose I'll have to hold onto these gift codes for longer, then.
Grargar: Officially confirmed by the maintainer of the game on Steam, Dragonsphere won't be free for long here.
I'm going to miss the updates... I guess that means we'll never get our wish fulfilled.
Confirmed by GOG that at the start of 2016 the game price will be 5.99$.
1,75€ right now