It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I never bought D1 online before. My itch to play it is now growing, and I just read that D1 battle.net was revived this January.

I read you can buy the game on your Battle.net account (which I guess integrates the online MP). I personally wouldn't mind playing some Hellfire as well, and generally like to have as many options available with my purchase as possible.

Can someone with the GOG version confirm whether or not you can play on battle.net?
Thanks!
RosenVitae: I just read that D1 battle.net was revived this January. I read you can buy the game on your Battle.net account (which I guess integrates the online MP).
Nothing has changed there; the only news is that they started selling it there as well. However, this has no effect on multiplayer, as it's the same old version and there are no changes to the server. In fact, the only way to play it in multiplayer is to configure it to use the server used by GOG by default. Additionally, it has problems running on modern Windows, as it includes fewer workarounds than the GOG version. Overall, it's better to buy it from GOG.
RosenVitae: I personally wouldn't mind playing some Hellfire as well, and generally like to have as many options available with my purchase as possible.
Both the Battle.net and GOG packages include Hellfire, but neither supports Hellfire Multiplayer. However, you can still play multiplayer using DevilutionX, which also incorporates all the bug fixes from Diablo into Hellfire.
Post edited March 23, 2024 by Anders_Jenbo
RosenVitae: I just read that D1 battle.net was revived this January. I read you can buy the game on your Battle.net account (which I guess integrates the online MP).
Anders_Jenbo: Nothing has changed there; the only news is that they started selling it there as well. However, this has no effect on multiplayer, as it's the same old version and there are no changes to the server. In fact, the only way to play it in multiplayer is to configure it to use the server used by GOG by default. Additionally, it has problems running on modern Windows, as it includes fewer workarounds than the GOG version. Overall, it's better to buy it from GOG.
RosenVitae: I personally wouldn't mind playing some Hellfire as well, and generally like to have as many options available with my purchase as possible.
Anders_Jenbo: Both the Battle.net and GOG packages include Hellfire, but neither supports Hellfire Multiplayer. However, you can still play multiplayer using DevilutionX, which also incorporates all the bug fixes from Diablo into Hellfire.
Excellent reply! Appreciated :)
Velbekomme