It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sabin_Stargem: I would like clarification: Does GOG Galaxy only have to be present, or does Mankind Divided have to be installed through GOG Galaxy?
From the tests I have performed, Galaxy needs to be running for the DLC to work. You can install from the offline installer or from Galaxy itself. Simply having Galaxy installed (but not running in the background) is not enough. You can launch the game either through Galaxy or directly from the game executable that it will work, as long as Galaxy in open in the background.
Well, i put in my support ticket and referenced this thread. Let's see what happens.
racofer: From the tests I have performed, Galaxy needs to be running for the DLC to work. You can install from the offline installer or from Galaxy itself. Simply having Galaxy installed (but not running in the background) is not enough. You can launch the game either through Galaxy or directly from the game executable that it will work, as long as Galaxy in open in the background.
Thank you. :)
BigTinz: This sucks. The entire reason I buy games here is so I can play them completely offline, I don't have to use any 3rd party client or launcher, and I have fully functional backup installers of everything I purchased.

Refund time.
It's almost certainly an oversight. Refund it if you want, but I'd just flood them with support tickets to make sure it gets fixed in a timely manner. Though I doubt they're gonna be super quick with Covid crap happening.

They should make a forum post about fixing it though, or else there's gonna be a month of "GOG IS NO LONGER DRM FREE!!!!!" posts. Actually there probably will be either way.
Has anyone tested

GOG Galaxy installed but not logged in with and without network cable plugged in?
This better be a mistake, DLC that only works through Galaxy? That's fucking DRM!

GOG, sort your shit out right now, stop rushing and half-assing everything. Fix the bloody update notifications while you're at it.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by ReynardFox
low rated
I told you all before "WON'T BE TOO LONG BEFORE GOG IMPLEMENT DRM" and nobody listened now you're all crying and whining about it

I was clued in by MULTIPLE sources, But because you are all in the closet in this gated community you lot just don't get it also Cyberpunk 2077 will also have DRM it's called GOG GALAXY 2 it isn't optional anymore Deus Ex MD is PROOF of that.
takezodunmer2005: Maybe this is how they were able to secure a release here as squeenix still has the steam version is still denuvo-infected I would not put it past them as game publishers are truly scummy fucks!
Mark-Mark: Really? Last time I checked they had removed the Denuvo is used info box on Steam, so many people had assumed if that declaration had gone so had Denuvo.
Mark-Mark: Really? Last time I checked they had removed the Denuvo is used info box on Steam, so many people had assumed if that declaration had gone so had Denuvo.
racofer: Denuvo is still there on the Steam release. If you check the EULA, it clearly states that, and you can also check that running the game on Steam (it requires periodical phoning home to Denuvo servers).

In fact, many games on Steam follow this model of omitting Denuvo on the project page, only for it to be found buried in the EULA. Check the newer Assassin's Creed games on Steam (i.e., Odyssey), and it does not mention Denuvo. Then check the EULA and there it is.

This is one of the reasons I have completely stopped purchasing games on Steam. You never know what you will be getting.
I use a plugin called augmented steam that highlights denuvo infections and there's also a group called denuvo games that has informational tags that state the denuvo-infection status...

ON TOPIC:
I would hope to fuck that GoG addresses this issue pronto; or else this will backfire spectacularly!

Danielx64: Has anyone tested

GOG Galaxy installed but not logged in with and without network cable plugged in?
Yep I tested it, apparently, you do not have to be online to use the DLCs but you MUST be connected to GoG Galaxy! You cannot play the DLCs otherwise!
Post edited May 02, 2020 by takezodunmer2005
Danielx64: Has anyone tested

takezodunmer2005: Yep I tested it, apparently, you do not have to be online to use the DLCs but you MUST be connected to GoG Galaxy! You cannot play the DLCs otherwise!
Thank you for testing that one out, I was hoping that there was a loophole somewhere where just having it installed and running (without logging in) would be enough.

I think I will wait till it is fixed before downloading ;)
fr33kSh0w2012: I told you all before "WON'T BE TOO LONG BEFORE GOG IMPLEMENT DRM" and nobody listened now you're all crying and whining about it

I was clued in by MULTIPLE sources, But because you are all in the closet in this gated community you lot just don't get it also Cyberpunk 2077 will also have DRM it's called GOG GALAXY 2 it isn't optional anymore Deus Ex MD is PROOF of that.
You're incorrect. DRM-Free remains the primary mission goal of GOG. Online purchases for content in the multiplayer expansion to Cyberpunk 2077 is generally not considered DRM, as persistent online content by nature requires remote authentication. The vast majority of the community accepts this reality.

What has happened here with the DLC for Deus Ex MD is an error. Mistakes occur. Most new customers of GOG use GOG Galaxy. They updated Galaxy a couple of days before MD release to support the handshake that MD was requiring, passed through the Ghost wrapper. They either through lack of diligence of lack of care, failed to take into account players who do not use Galaxy, and screwed up.

What matters now is how they fix it. They've got two options, really, if they want to save face.
1) Remove the DLC and automatically refund the difference between digital deluxe/season pass and the base game, and further offering refunds of the base game if players are unhappy. They've taken this route before with problematic issues, so may be the outcome.
2) Fix the handshake to not require GOG Galaxy. Ie, expand the wrapper to handle the handshake internally. This would be a lot of dev work. Their wrapper to handle Steam interactions and pass them to Galaxy instead has been used a few times and is likely a fairly simply (comparatively) protocol. Updating it to handle this specific instance may require it launching a separate helper process since it likely can't resolve the handshake within the DLL itself since it's being called by the MD executable.

Hopefully they rapidly got their A team onto #2 as soon as the problem was discovered and a patch will be out soon. However, that's likely not reality. Their combined team of GOG+CDPR is heading into crunch time on Cyberpunk 2077 whilst social distancing. Their "A team" will already be extremely busy with their own content and not have time to focus on fixing somebody else's game. If they go #2, a patch may be quite some time off. If it looks like it'll never happen - they should remove the DLC completely and refund, per #1.

If they go with the third option - just leaving it and doing nothing because it's too much work to fix and they don't want to deny players who use Galaxy the DLC content - they'll lose a hell of good faith with their customer base.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by Raennik
Raennik: You're incorrect. DRM-Free remains the primary mission goal of GOG. Online purchases for content in the multiplayer expansion to Cyberpunk 2077 is generally not considered DRM, as persistent online content by nature requires remote authentication. The vast majority of the community accepts this reality.

What has happened here with the DLC for Deus Ex MD is an error. Mistakes occur.
Finally a reasonable contribution without the doomsday cries and hysteria, thanks for that. I hope gog will find a reasonable solution soon.
low rated
Raennik: *small novel*
Yeah well we will see!

Considering they got rid of MOST of their original policies
Post edited May 02, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012
I am very glad to not have bought it, I nearly had.
Not only is the Linux port completely missing yet again (available in "the other shop"), but the Galaxy dependency of parts of the game is an even bigger hurdle to make it run in its entirety in Linux than just running it in WINE or a custom Proton-wrapper.

This is getting out of hand.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_might_not_run_without_galaxy/page1
low rated
Klumpen0815: I am very glad to not have bought it, I nearly had.
Not only is the Linux port completely missing yet again (available in "the other shop"), but the Galaxy dependency of parts of the game is an even bigger hurdle to make it run in its entirety in Linux than just running it in WINE or a custom Proton-wrapper.

This is getting out of hand.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_might_not_run_without_galaxy/page1
This time I agree with you Klumpen0815 it is WAY out of hand
high rated
I just received an answer from the GOG support about the DLC not working without Galaxy. Apparently, they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. ;) I guess it'll probably be fixed very soon!