It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As the title says, the rifle Divided We Stand (quest reward from that target practice quest, dps-wise best rifle I have so far) now can no longer connect to my smart link. When equipping it it says "smart link disconnected" and it sprays unguided projectiles, can't hit a target 10m in front of me. Also when equipped the dps now is suddenly halved, only to jump back to the proper value after unequipping.

So far it's just this one weapon. Skippy works as good as ever.

Are there any other weapons affected by this glitch? Did anyone else have this issue and was able to fix it?
Firekracker: As the title says, the rifle Divided We Stand (quest reward from that target practice quest, dps-wise best rifle I have so far) now can no longer connect to my smart link. When equipping it it says "smart link disconnected" and it sprays unguided projectiles, can't hit a target 10m in front of me. Also when equipped the dps now is suddenly halved, only to jump back to the proper value after unequipping.

Are there any other weapons affected by this glitch? Did anyone else have this issue and was able to fix it?
This is why I use cyberenginetweaks for console commands. Spawning new items the game broke.. You all are going to start looking at mods and hooking apps like cheatengine to fix this borken unfinished title. As they said in the apology even, they believe the PC version is flawless.
Firekracker: As the title says, the rifle Divided We Stand (quest reward from that target practice quest, dps-wise best rifle I have so far) now can no longer connect to my smart link. When equipping it it says "smart link disconnected" and it sprays unguided projectiles, can't hit a target 10m in front of me. Also when equipped the dps now is suddenly halved, only to jump back to the proper value after unequipping.

Tracido: This is why I use cyberenginetweaks for console commands. Spawning new items the game broke.. You all are going to start looking at mods and hooking apps like cheatengine to fix this borken unfinished title. As they said in the apology even, they believe the PC version is flawless.
Get you quotes right Tracido - they are "very proud of " the PC version. Not perfect. But very proud.
Tracido: This is why I use cyberenginetweaks for console commands. Spawning new items the game broke.. You all are going to start looking at mods and hooking apps like cheatengine to fix this borken unfinished title. As they said in the apology even, they believe the PC version is flawless.
midrand: Get you quotes right Tracido - they are "very proud of " the PC version. Not perfect. But very proud.
Get yours right.. https://www.newsbytesapp.com/news/entertainment/cyberpunk-2077-developer-apologizes-for-console-operation-debacle/story

"PC run was flawless and console experience improving, said Iwinski"
midrand: Get you quotes right Tracido - they are "very proud of " the PC version. Not perfect. But very proud.
Tracido: Get yours right.. https://www.newsbytesapp.com/news/entertainment/cyberpunk-2077-developer-apologizes-for-console-operation-debacle/story

You are quoting the author of the article who is misquoting what Iwinski said in the video. As midrand said what he actually said is that they are very proud of the PC version (you can watch the video yourself if you don't trust me either).

Finally, it's a good idea in general to double-check (even more online) before telling someone he/she is wrong (specially if your source is a game "journalist").
Post edited January 23, 2021 by mirkwood22
Tracido: Get yours right.. https://www.newsbytesapp.com/news/entertainment/cyberpunk-2077-developer-apologizes-for-console-operation-debacle/story

mirkwood22: You are quoting the author of the article who is misquoting what Iwinski said in the video. As midrand said what he actually said is that they are very proud of the PC version (you can watch the video yourself if you don't trust me either).

Finally, it's a good idea in general to double-check (even more online) before telling someone he/she is wrong (specially if your source is a game "journalist").
The denial of the PC versions serious issues is not a joke, no matter how you want to spin it, he made clear the PC version is not a concern.
mirkwood22: You are quoting the author of the article who is misquoting what Iwinski said in the video. As midrand said what he actually said is that they are very proud of the PC version (you can watch the video yourself if you don't trust me either).

Tracido: The denial of the PC versions serious issues is not a joke, no matter how you want to spin it, he made clear the PC version is not a concern.
No, he didn't, but you seem to need it to be otherwise for some reason.

In the video in question, Iwinski says verbatim, "On lauch day, December tenth, we hit the ground running with a really good start on PC. While not perfect, it's a version of Cyberpunk we are very proud of."

So both the content and the spirit of what he said are pretty much the opposite of what you're claiming.
Post edited January 23, 2021 by UndeadRufus
Tracido: The denial of the PC versions serious issues is not a joke, no matter how you want to spin it, he made clear the PC version is not a concern.
UndeadRufus: No, he didn't, but you seem to need it to be otherwise for some reason.

In the video in question, Iwinski says verbatim, "On lauch day, December tenth, we hit the ground running with a really good start on PC. While not perfect, it's a version of Cyberpunk we are very proud of."

So both the content and the spirit of what he said are pretty much the opposite of what you're claiming.
I don't need it to be anything more than it clearly is, marketing fluff to ease lawyers and ensure the safest corporate outcome from their upcoming lawsuits, by saying the PC version was what they based the consoles on as the starting point because it was 'epic', by denying the actual testing Q&A actually found to not release the game, as some said, until 2022, which clearly is where the patch timelines are, and by removing any liability from his company at the same time.

The PC version is not "epic" until it's done, actually functions normally and certainly has enough issues that Q&A certainly saw & were forced to push out anyway, denying that is blind.
UndeadRufus: No, he didn't, but you seem to need it to be otherwise for some reason.

Tracido: I don't need it to be anything more than it clearly is, marketing fluff to ease lawyers and ensure the safest corporate outcome from their upcoming lawsuits, by saying the PC version was what they based the consoles on as the starting point because it was 'epic', by denying the actual testing Q&A actually found to not release the game, as some said, until 2022, which clearly is where the patch timelines are, and by removing any liability from his company at the same time.

The PC version is not "epic" until it's done, actually functions normally and certainly has enough issues that Q&A certainly saw & were forced to push out anyway, denying that is blind.
"Marketing fluff" right now doesn't "[remove] liability" in any tangible legal sense. It's definitely damage control, but sometimes that's the nature of the PR beast. Would it have been better to pretend nothing was wrong?

Iwinski said, "On its own, [a huge, complex game in a relative loading-free environment] is a challenge, but we made it even more difficult for ourselves by wanting to make the game look epic on PCs, and then adjusting it to consoles...."

His use of the term "epic" was in clear, direct reference to the visuals, nothing else.

You're just making things up and twisting Iwinski's words into a hideous monstrosity of your own imagining.
Tracido: I don't need it to be anything more than it clearly is, marketing fluff to ease lawyers and ensure the safest corporate outcome from their upcoming lawsuits, by saying the PC version was what they based the consoles on as the starting point because it was 'epic', by denying the actual testing Q&A actually found to not release the game, as some said, until 2022, which clearly is where the patch timelines are, and by removing any liability from his company at the same time.

UndeadRufus: "Marketing fluff" right now doesn't "[remove] liability" in any tangible legal sense. It's definitely damage control, but sometimes that's the nature of the PR beast. Would it have been better to pretend nothing was wrong?

Iwinski said, "On its own, [a huge, complex game in a relative loading-free environment] is a challenge, but we made it even more difficult for ourselves by wanting to make the game look epic on PCs, and then adjusting it to consoles...."

His use of the term "epic" was in clear, direct reference to the visuals, nothing else.

You're just making things up and twisting Iwinski's words into a hideous monstrosity of your own imagining.
I'm refrencing the years of lies behind the marketing. It was nothing short of epic in that sense, the most base graphical fidelity is completely overshadowed by the missing features, content, basic physics and common open world interactions many have been enjoying since 2002, and that is why it looks horrible whether it's shiny or not, because without that polish, it's just a tech demo, which was not even slightly addressed..

The game need not only bug fixes, but let´s see if they try to bring more consequences to this world, I am not here for shiny gizmos, and I have lots of Ray Tracing there, amazing city, so many useless doors, zombie like pedestrians.

it´s useless fight over early access games, to this day people debate No Man´s Sky and Fallout 76.

Wait till December, the game needs lots of care now, if you like to be a paying QA, keep going.

FTSO: The game need not only bug fixes, but let´s see if they try to bring more consequences to this world, I am not here for shiny gizmos, and I have lots of Ray Tracing there, amazing city, so many useless doors, zombie like pedestrians.

it´s useless fight over early access games, to this day people debate No Man´s Sky and Fallout 76.

Wait till December, the game needs lots of care now, if you like to be a paying QA, keep going.
Honestly I do not think they will fix much, since they are already breaking more things on PC versions. Try messing with your resolution and see if you keep your menu perfectly fine with 1.1 eh?

I personally have to wait an additional 10-20 seconds after loading in game, and got around timers by just hitting photo mode while the game loads the ghostly NPC's into their shadow bodies..

I mean, seriously, they literally adding game breaking bugs into quests on PC. That's nuts. XD
FTSO: The game need not only bug fixes, but let´s see if they try to bring more consequences to this world, I am not here for shiny gizmos, and I have lots of Ray Tracing there, amazing city, so many useless doors, zombie like pedestrians.

Tracido: Honestly I do not think they will fix much, since they are already breaking more things on PC versions. Try messing with your resolution and see if you keep your menu perfectly fine with 1.1 eh?

I personally have to wait an additional 10-20 seconds after loading in game, and got around timers by just hitting photo mode while the game loads the ghostly NPC's into their shadow bodies..

I mean, seriously, they literally adding game breaking bugs into quests on PC. That's nuts. XD
We saw all the details of this convoluted development in the press, the cut content is real, the RPG mostly removed, I have no clue how much money the company have invested to produce the game, or if the investors was bitching much for the launch, but this rush left a feel of "test stage" around the places.
Tracido: Honestly I do not think they will fix much, since they are already breaking more things on PC versions. Try messing with your resolution and see if you keep your menu perfectly fine with 1.1 eh?

FTSO: We saw all the details of this convoluted development in the press, the cut content is real, the RPG mostly removed, I have no clue how much money the company have invested to produce the game, or if the investors was bitching much for the launch, but this rush left a feel of "test stage" around the places.
Speaking of testing in alpha we are doing, I finally know which skills work and which don't.. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/l30rq7/11_update_complete_list_of_verified_perks_working/
FTSO: We saw all the details of this convoluted development in the press, the cut content is real, the RPG mostly removed, I have no clue how much money the company have invested to produce the game, or if the investors was bitching much for the launch, but this rush left a feel of "test stage" around the places.
Tracido: Speaking of testing in alpha we are doing, I finally know which skills work and which don't.. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/l30rq7/11_update_complete_list_of_verified_perks_working/
I want to play again in June, but all this updates and things to be done, make me push to December, or just 2022. So far, they are finishing stuff or literally writing things that was not there.

My positive attitude towards the game is to keep it, no refund, I do like the GOG, but not so much CDPR.