It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

invenio: Windows 7 end of life is Jan 1st, 2020. No further security updates so next year you should not have a Windows 7 machine connected to the internet (unless you pay Microsoft for continued updates as some businesses often do).

If you have not upgraded your windows 7 machine yet, you should actively plan to do so in the next 6 months.
What?
Dude, do you understand the stupidity of your words?
I have Windows XP running for some old games - and I can access the Internet & Youtube without problems using Firefox & Chrome old installer (offline full package).
Yes, eventually there will be problems with accessing the Net with old versions of browsers, but it will happen NOT in 2020 and it is NOT a Win7 problem.

So, please, stop it.
invenio: Windows 7 end of life is Jan 1st, 2020. No further security updates so next year you should not have a Windows 7 machine connected to the internet (unless you pay Microsoft for continued updates as some businesses often do).

If you have not upgraded your windows 7 machine yet, you should actively plan to do so in the next 6 months.
Yunipuma: What?
I have Windows XP running for some old games - and I can access the Internet & Youtube without problems using Firefox & Chrome old installer (offline full package).
Yes, eventually there will be problems with accessing the Net with old versions of browsers, but it will happen NOT in 2020 and it is NOT a Win7 problem.

So, please, stop it.
Sorry to say, but your words arn't the smartest too.
Being able to access Internet or using Youtube is slightly differant than using the entire spectrum of the internet.
I could access internet using my old Nokia phone, doesn't mean it is suited for modern purposes.

You already said it "Firefox & Chrome old installer". That means you are not able to use the current versions of the software with XP. The same is going to happen with Win 7. Its only a matter of time. I doesn't make any sense to develop modern game using state of the art technologies and make it run on an OS that doesn't support any of this technologies and never will.
Post edited June 14, 2019 by A_B_raxis
A_B_raxis: Sorry to say, but your words arn't the smartest too.
Being able to access Internet or using Youtube is slightly differant than using the entire spectrum of the internet.
I could access internet using my old Nokia phone, doesn't mean it is suited for modern purposes.

You already said it "Firefox & Chrome old installer". That means you are not able to use the current versions of the software with XP. The same is going to happen with Win 7. Its only a matter of time. I doesn't make any sense to develop modern game using state of the art technologies and make it run on an OS that doesn't support any of this technologies and never will.
I do not want to add to the flame, but - what kind of "state of the art technologies" that are not supported by Win7 you are talking about?
high rated
I have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 about 3 years ago, (when Witcher 3 GOTY Eddition was out). I have (briefly) considered installing Windows 10 instead. But seeing the tons of third party apps I'd have to use to ensure privacy... I hoped the Windows 10 spyware problem will be resolved in time, With Windows 11 maybe. But today, I see it is not going to happen. I think, about 2025, if a am still alive, I will have to make a decision. Stop playing new games. Or bulld two machines, one for games and the other for everything else. Or find some stable Windows 10 version and block it for the next 10 years, with tons of third hand apps, from updating itself and spying on me.

But I'd like an answer from CDPR. Are you going to enforce W10 with cyberpunk, the way you enforced W7 64bit with W3?
Post edited June 14, 2019 by Leszek38
A_B_raxis: Sorry to say, but your words arn't the smartest too.

Yunipuma: I do not want to add to the flame, but - what kind of "state of the art technologies" that are not supported by Win7 you are talking about?
For example: Raytracing

Leszek38: I have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 about 3 years ago, (when Witcher 3 GOTY Eddition was out). I have (briefly) considered installing Windows 10 instead. But seeing the tons of third party apps I'd have to use to ensure privacy... I hoped the Windows 10 spyware problem will be resolved in time, With Windows 11 maybe. But today, I see it is not going to happen. I think, about 2025, if a am still alive, I will have to make a decision. Stop playing new games. Or bulld two machines, one for games and the other for everything else. Or find some stable Windows 10 version and block it for the next 10 years, with tons of third hand apps, from updating itself and spying on me.

But I'd like an answer from CDPR. Are you going to enforce W10 with cyberpunk, the way you enforced W7 64bit with W3?
In the near future there will be no answer. Why? Take a closer look at post nr. 12, if you want to know the reason.
Leszek38: I have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 about 3 years ago, (when Witcher 3 GOTY Eddition was out). I have (briefly) considered installing Windows 10 instead. But seeing the tons of third party apps I'd have to use to ensure privacy... I hoped the Windows 10 spyware problem will be resolved in time, With Windows 11 maybe. But today, I see it is not going to happen. I think, about 2025, if a am still alive, I will have to make a decision. Stop playing new games. Or bulld two machines, one for games and the other for everything else. Or find some stable Windows 10 version and block it for the next 10 years, with tons of third hand apps, from updating itself and spying on me.

There will be NO Win11 ! M$ told that that it is last Windows and will be upgraded constantly, but no new Win...

And I have upgarded Win7 to Win10 by occassion of changing i5 3570k to Ryzen R5 2600 ;) BUT! I many people does not like Win10, and for me was VERY hard decission to make it!

I have Win 7 Home Premium BOX version (which was quite xpensive...) so I made upgrade to Win10 years ago when they allowed to upgrade all Win to Win10, but... I have returned to Win7. And this year after CPU upgrade I used Win7 BOX licence for Win10 ;) And it works! ;) Otherwise I would not spend money for Win10...
A_B_raxis: In the near future there will be no answer. Why? Take a closer look at post nr. 12, if you want to know the reason.
Are you a developer of Cyberpunk2077?

Yunipuma: What?

So, please, stop it.
Cool your jets. I have nothing against Win 7, XP, or MS-DOS. My point is that once security patches stop, the system should be taken as being able to be compromised. Without continued security updates you take a major risk by having the system actively on the internet.

Once security patches stop, there is a very strong incentive to switch to a different system (Windows 8, windows 10, a supported Linux distro, Mac,... etc.). This is basic security knowledge 101. If you are a gamer, I would suggest windows 10 as it is the best supported by game developers as well as driver makers such as Nvidea and AMD. You can always run an alternative OS such as linux for "daily computing needs" if you are completely against Windows 10.
Leszek38: Are you a developer of Cyberpunk2077?
No, have you seen one answer of a Cyberpink 2077 developer in this forum? Developers usually don't answer such questions. No developer will give you an answer without an okay from the PR. If they had the okay from the PR you would have gain an answer days ago. It is rather obvious they don't read this forum or are not willing(/allowed) to answer your question.

wise words: no answer is also a response
Leszek38: Are you a developer of Cyberpunk2077?
A_B_raxis: No, have you seen one answer of a Cyberpink 2077 developer in this forum? Developers usually don't answer such questions. No developer will give you an answer without an okay from the PR
So, you assume they are all cowards and care for money only?
Post edited June 14, 2019 by Leszek38
A game development company like CDPR does not only consist of developers. There are PR, sale, support, administation, hr,....
CDPR is a stock exchange listed company. The have responsibility to shareholders and have to pay the wages and bills. A developer cant simply do as he likes. He is an employee and companies have hierarchies. If you want to know why CDPR will be careful with answers, read post nr. 12. There are same mainingful reasons listed.

It has absolutly nothing to do with cowardice, it's about responsibility. You cant simply do as you like and risk jobs, lifes and money of others.

this isn't a child's play. Its the adult world, decisions have consequences, not only for yourself, also for others. you will get your answer as soon as they decide it is the right time to answer. This may happen sooner or later, but for now its most definitly later.
A_B_raxis: It has absolutly nothing to do with cowardice, it's about responsibility. You cant simply do as you like and risk jobs, lifes and money of others.
LOL, is it your job to troll people like me?
A_B_raxis: It has absolutly nothing to do with cowardice, it's about responsibility. You cant simply do as you like and risk jobs, lifes and money of others.
Leszek38: LOL, is it your job to troll people like me?
any question or topic related comment? Or do you simply like asking rhetorical questions because i definitly don't intend to discuss private things with you. To be honest i don't know you mean with "people like me" and i don't intend continuing to discuss with you, because nearly everything you say is simply a phase with barely any content. If you are willing to discuss with arguments to what every your point of view maybe, than maybe, but this is simply useless.
Yunipuma: I do not want to add to the flame, but - what kind of "state of the art technologies" that are not supported by Win7 you are talking about?
A_B_raxis: For example: Raytracing
Sorry, sir, but currently Raytracing is NOT a "state of art" technology. It's clumsy, buggy & very expensive.
Any other serious example of "state of the art technologies" that are not supported by Win7?
because this is an admissible argument i will answer you.

"state of the art" means newest technologies not perfect, bugfree or even cheap. If you take a look at the steam hardware statistic you will see that the most common graphic card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, is able to use Raytracing even if it misses the hardware unit. The driver that enables raytracing for same of the (stronger) GTX graphic cards is actually win 10 exclusive. raytracing is a feature cyberpunk will use.

i could also argue that the directx 12 support microsoft published a couple of month ago for win 7, was a very surprising decision(because Microsoft is definitly aggressively trying to promote Win 10). At the point of development where CDPR had to decide which OS will be supported, it seemed unlikely that win 7 would get DX12 support. Because CDPR is no able to travel back in tim(as far as i know), its more relevant what was know at the moment they had to make the decision.
Post edited June 14, 2019 by A_B_raxis