It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I love seeing these posts. CDPR is not the same because they are pandering to social justice warriors.
or CDPR is not the same because theye were unapologetic.

These people are dont really know and understand the source material what 2077 was built on. Im talking about the pen and paper version Cyberpunk 2020, but i could bring up a lot of other sources not just from Pondsmith, but other authors of the genre.

Body modifications are became an obsession. If you would live in the Cyberpunk world you literally could swap ANY part of your body. The abilitiy of swapping your voice, your genitals etc are the integral part of the Cyberpunk genre.

Thats why its the most stupidest thing to complain about pandering. Its not Pandering its about being loyal to the source material.

You will be able to select and identify as a male or a female. You will be able to swap any part of your body.

So before anybody complaining about CDPR has changed, no they are not.
Post edited January 01, 2020 by Ryvors
Ryvors: I love seeing these posts. CDPR is not the same because they are pandering to social justice warriors.

These people are dont really know and understand the source material what 2077 was built on. Im talking about the pen and paper version Cyberpunk 2020, but i could bring up a lot of other sources not just from Pondsmith, but other authors of the genre.

Body modifications are became an obsession. If you would live in the Cyberpunk world you literally could swap ANY part of your body. The abilitiy of swapping your voice, your genitals etc are the integral part of the Cyberpunk genre.

Thats why its the most stupidest thing to complain about pandering. Its not Pandering its about being loyal to the source material.

You will be able to select and identify as a male or a female. You will be able to swap any part of your body.

Heh, Count Zero by William Gibson (written 1986) *begins* with the corporate-extractor protagonist getting blown to bits and then put together. Partially from spares.

-----------
"They sent a slamhound on Turner's trail in New Delhi, slotted it to his pheromones and the color of his hair. It caught up with him on a street called Chandni Chauk and came scrambling for his rented BMW through a forest of bare brown legs and pedicab tires. Its core was a kilogram of recrystallized hexogene and flaked TNT."

"He didn't see it coming. The last he saw of India was the pink stucco facade of a place called the Khush-Oil Hotel."

"Because he had a good agent, he had a good contract. Because he had a good contract, he was in Singapore an hour after the explosion. Most of him, anyway. The Dutch surgeon liked to joke about that, how an unspecified percentage of Turner hadn't made it out of Palam International on that first flight and had to spend the night there in a shed, in a support vat."

"It took the Dutchman and his team three months to put Turner together again. They cloned a square meter of skin for him, grew it on slabs of collagen and shark-cartilage polysaccharides. They bought eyes and genitals on the open market"

"The eyes were green."
------------
Post edited January 01, 2020 by lace_gardenia
Ryvors: I love seeing these posts. CDPR is not the same because they are pandering to social justice warriors.

This is a weak argument, based on false comparisons, that has already been shot to bits several times in other topics. As far as I can see, you bring up no new arguments, so there is no point in going through the whole charade of pretending you are interested in a genuine dialectic again.

Instead, I'll ask you to account for other changes in policy that demonstrate how much CPD has come to pander to SJWs:
- Why is CDPR suppressing critical questions about their games on their own forum and on Steam?
- Why did GOG remove a joke tweet saying "Classic PC games #WontBeErased on our watch. Yeah, how's that for some use of hashtags?"?
- Why did GOG then apologize for that tweet, saying "Yesterday, we posted a tweet containing a trending hashtag as a pun. The tweet was neither intended as a malicious attack, nor as a comment to the ongoing social debate. GOG should focus only on games. We acknowledge that and we commit to it."?
- Why was the author of he first tweet, Sean 'Linko' Halliday, then still fired and subsequently libeled by GOG?
- Why did CDPR remove a joke tweet saying "Did you just assume my gender?"
- Why did CDPR then apologize for that tweet, saying "Sorry to all those offended by one of the responses sent out from our account earlier. Harming anyone was never our intention."?
- Why did CDP and daughter companies then revise hiring policy so as to increase the number of lurid-haired feminazis and gender blenders employed?
- Why is Galaxy 2.0 suddenly so much greedier with the personal data it gathers?
low rated

cLaude83: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE CYBERPUNK GENRE IS ALSO THE WORLD MAKES ME ANGRY
ftfy

Well, we'll see when the game comes out. If it is the case that you choose male or female first and then can change your body there's no real issue. It becomes an issue if they go along with the idea that you can change what something fundamentally is, based on what you call it; instead of changing what something is called based on what it fundamentally is. Essentially the 'gender is a social construct' which makes as much sense as saying 'a tree is a social construct.'

There was some 'sjw' language being used in that interview last year which raises some concerns, but that might have been mistakes made by the 'journalist' interviewing them trying to push their politics into the article and not by them.

But time will tell, there's enough to be cautious.
cLaude83: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE CYBERPUNK GENRE IS ALSO THE WORLD MAKES ME ANGRY
lace_gardenia: ftfy
ts;dr
Ryvors: These people are dont really know and understand the source material what 2077 was built on. Im talking about the pen and paper version Cyberpunk 2020, but i could bring up a lot of other sources not just from Pondsmith, but other authors of the genre.

Can you show me source material where a male WITHOUT modifications identify as a woman or vice versa?
Ryvors: These people are dont really know and understand the source material what 2077 was built on. Im talking about the pen and paper version Cyberpunk 2020, but i could bring up a lot of other sources not just from Pondsmith, but other authors of the genre.

LootHunter: Can you show me source material where a male WITHOUT modifications identify as a woman or vice versa?
Is that even an option the developers mentioned? That's not the impression I got.

Still fits thematically just fine.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by lace_gardenia
LootHunter: Can you show me source material where a male WITHOUT modifications identify as a woman or vice versa?
lace_gardenia: Is that even an option the developers mentioned? That's not the impression I got.

Yup.... even if its not visible or the person doesnt have any bodymodification it can be easily possible because of this genre. People try to argue here as is see and they still dont get it. Cyberpunk is all about transhumanism and bodymodifications being an everyday thing like smartphones today.

Like the penis on woman thing when everybody complaining about "trans people being showed down on their throats and sjw " lool. These people dont have a clue what game they are buying.

Changing your body in the Cyberpunk genre are established since the first materials came out in the 80s.... In the Cyberpunk world the body is just a lifeless meat and you can modify and change it on the fly and these people complaining just making themselves dumb as hell.....

Even in altered carbon they showed how easily can somebody change their body...
Post edited January 02, 2020 by Ryvors
lace_gardenia: Is that even an option the developers mentioned? That's not the impression I got.

Ryvors: Yup.... even if the person doesnt have any bodymodification it can be easily possible because of this genre.
And yet, you still failed to provide any example to prove that claim.
Ryvors: Yup.... even if the person doesnt have any bodymodification it can be easily possible because of this genre.
LootHunter: And yet, you still failed to provide any example to prove that claim.
Read Cyberpunk 2020, listen to Mike Pondsmith the creator of Cyberpunk 2020.
Read Hard Wired from Walter Jon Williams
Watch Altered Carbon
Watch Blade Runner

how many source materials do you want ? :D Every single one has proof that bodymodifications are INTEGRAL and EVERY DAY part of this genre and technology are so advanced that even everyday people can get it so easily..

as Mike Pondsmith said: poor life, but high technology
LootHunter: And yet, you still failed to provide any example to prove that claim.
Ryvors: Read Cyberpunk 2020, listen to Mike Pondsmith the creator of Cyberpunk 2020.
Watch Altered Carbon
Watch Blade Runner

how many source materials do you want ? :D Every single one has proof that bodymodifications are INTEGRAL and EVERY DAY part of this genre and technology are so advanced that even everyday people can get it so easily..

Can you show me source material where a male WITHOUT modifications identify as a woman or vice versa?
Ryvors: Read Cyberpunk 2020, listen to Mike Pondsmith the creator of Cyberpunk 2020.
Watch Altered Carbon
Watch Blade Runner

I dont understand what do you want to proove or whats your point here. My point is that anybody can change their body on the fly even if they are not identifying as the other gender you get my point? Its so accessible and easy to change your "meatbag" that if you have a fetish or just wake up in the morning with the question: what is like to live with a penis as a woman? you go down to the "market and get it done" .

so thats why i dont understand why its important to you how somebody identify in a fictional world? its not our world. the rules are not the same and its important to recognize that.

Its the same as getting a cyber arm or a cyber leg. In this world its like getting a tattoo. People even modifying their body to the point they are like a freaking cyborg.

Doesnt matter HOW you identify. You can do anything you want with your body if you have money in this world.
Ryvors: I dont understand what do you want to proove or whats your point here. My point is that anybody can change their body on the fly even if they are not identifying as the other gender you get my point?
What do you mean by "other gender"? "Other" to what?

Anyways, as I've said earlier, you still fail to provide an example of a male without modifications who is identified as a woman (or vice versa). Thus you claim about transgenderism present in "source material" is BS.
Ryvors: I dont understand what do you want to proove or whats your point here. My point is that anybody can change their body on the fly even if they are not identifying as the other gender you get my point?
LootHunter: What do you mean by "other gender"? "Other" to what?

Anyways, as I've said earlier, you still fail to provide an example of a male without modifications who is identified as a woman (or vice versa). Thus you claim about transgenderism present in "source material" is BS.
Jesus christ man. okay lets just end this conversation here. Seems like you dont understand plus dont want to understand what im saying :)