It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LootHunter: What do you mean by "other gender"? "Other" to what?

Anyways, as I've said earlier, you still fail to provide an example of a male without modifications who is identified as a woman (or vice versa). Thus you claim about transgenderism present in "source material" is BS.
Ryvors: Jesus christ man. okay lets just end this conversation here. Seems like you dont understand plus dont want to understand what im saying :)
Oh, I think it's quite clear who does not want to understand what's being said. Now, why don't you surprise me and try to tackle even one of the points I mentioned above. No? Guess that just proves my point.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by cLaude83
Ryvors: Jesus christ man. okay lets just end this conversation here. Seems like you dont understand plus dont want to understand what im saying :)
cLaude83: Oh, I think it's quite clear who doesn't not want to understand what's being said. Now, why don't you surprise me and try to tackle even one of the points I mentioned above. No? Guess that just proves my point.
None of your points were prooven :) and you are completely wrong and dont have any clue about this genre. Your previous comment clearly shows your lack of understanding on this topic.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by Ryvors
cLaude83: Oh, I think it's quite clear who doesn't not want to understand what's being said. Now, why don't you surprise me and try to tackle even one of the points I mentioned above. No? Guess that just proves my point.
Ryvors: None of your points were prooven :) and you are completely wrong and dont have any clue about this genre. Your previous comment clearly shows your lack of understanding on this topic.
XD You're claiming that, people were not fired and libeled, tweets were not deleted and apologized for, questions were not surpressed and their askers harassed, hiring policy was not changed, Galaxy 2.0 does not gather more data than Galaxy 1.0? Seriously? All these points are proven by the most simple search. They are completely factual. And no matter how blind, deaf and dumb (no not the unable to speak kind) you are, you're not able to deny that.

Since I did not make any claim about the genre, saying I do not understand the genre, clearly falls flat. It does however prove what a disingenuous shill you are. Tell me, do you happen to work for CDP? If not, you should try applying -- don't forget to mention your okay being payed out in sperm.
low rated
Ryvors: I dont understand what do you want to proove or whats your point here. My point is that anybody can change their body on the fly even if they are not identifying as the other gender you get my point?

Anyways, as I've said earlier, you still fail to provide an example of a male without modifications who is identified as a woman (or vice versa). Thus you claim about transgenderism present in "source material" is BS.
Then you are just gonna have to not use that option in the character generator.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by lace_gardenia
Ryvors: None of your points were prooven :) and you are completely wrong and dont have any clue about this genre. Your previous comment clearly shows your lack of understanding on this topic.
cLaude83: XD You're claiming that, people were not fired and libeled, tweets were not deleted and apologized for, questions were not surpressed and their askers harassed, hiring policy was not changed, Galaxy 2.0 does not gather more data than Galaxy 1.0? Seriously? All these points are proven by the most simple search. They are completely factual. And no matter how blind, deaf and dumb (no not the unable to speak kind) you are, you're not able to deny that.

Since I did not make any claim about the genre, saying I do not understand the genre, clearly falls flat. It does however prove what a disingenuous shill you are. Tell me, do you happen to work for CDP? If not, you should try applying -- don't forget to mention your okay being payed out in sperm.
Okay :))
Post edited January 02, 2020 by Ryvors
Ryvors: I love seeing these posts. CDPR is not the same because they are pandering to social justice warriors.
or CDPR is not the same because theye were unapologetic.

These people are dont really know and understand the source material what 2077 was built on. Im talking about the pen and paper version Cyberpunk 2020, but i could bring up a lot of other sources not just from Pondsmith, but other authors of the genre.

Body modifications are became an obsession. If you would live in the Cyberpunk world you literally could swap ANY part of your body. The abilitiy of swapping your voice, your genitals etc are the integral part of the Cyberpunk genre.

Thats why its the most stupidest thing to complain about pandering. Its not Pandering its about being loyal to the source material.

You will be able to select and identify as a male or a female. You will be able to swap any part of your body.

So before anybody complaining about CDPR has changed, no they are not.
Nice rant.
But.
You forgot 1 liiiitle thingy - people do not born with modifications - they got them in the course of life. So I can understand when you staert the game as male and then become woman, for example, because of mods AND YOUR OWN CHOICES. But your beloved CDPR took away from us the very notion of choice. Of course, they say the opposite - "you can be anyone you want from the start".
But it's a lie becuse I cannot be, say, a white heterosexual male. So my choices is cut from the start.
So the conclusion: yes, CDPR is pandering to social justice warriors.
lace_gardenia: Heh, Count Zero by William Gibson (written 1986) *begins* with the corporate-extractor protagonist getting blown to bits and then put together. Partially from spares.
And yet, Turner become a white heterosexual male, btw :)

Ryvors: Read Cyberpunk 2020, listen to Mike Pondsmith the creator of Cyberpunk 2020.
Read Hard Wired from Walter Jon Williams
Watch Altered Carbon
Watch Blade Runner

how many source materials do you want ? :D Every single one has proof that bodymodifications are INTEGRAL and EVERY DAY part of this genre and technology are so advanced that even everyday people can get it so easily..

as Mike Pondsmith said: poor life, but high technology
Once again: it's hero choice to alter his/her body. But even in Altered Carbon the protagonist has a very strong memory who he was originally and he didn't changed his sex.
How can you use Lord's name when you are going against His design? Humans were made in the likeness of God & and they (Adam & Eve) were not gay.
So either shut up about "identity doesn't matter" or stop using Lord's name. You cannot have it both.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by Yunipuma
lace_gardenia: Heh, Count Zero by William Gibson (written 1986) *begins* with the corporate-extractor protagonist getting blown to bits and then put together. Partially from spares.
Yunipuma: And yet, Turner become a white heterosexual male, btw :)
I just thought it was a nice demonstration of the typical level of medical tech in the genre.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by lace_gardenia
lace_gardenia: I just thought it was a nice demonstration of the typical level of medical tech in the genre.
Madam, you begin to equivocate! This is unworthy of such a sincere and passionate human rights defender as you! :)
Ryvors: I love seeing these posts. CDPR is not the same because they are pandering to social justice warriors.

These people are dont really know and understand the source material what 2077 was built on. Im talking about the pen and paper version Cyberpunk 2020, but i could bring up a lot of other sources not just from Pondsmith, but other authors of the genre.

Body modifications are became an obsession. If you would live in the Cyberpunk world you literally could swap ANY part of your body. The abilitiy of swapping your voice, your genitals etc are the integral part of the Cyberpunk genre.

Thats why its the most stupidest thing to complain about pandering. Its not Pandering its about being loyal to the source material.

You will be able to select and identify as a male or a female. You will be able to swap any part of your body.

Yunipuma: Nice rant.
But.
You forgot 1 liiiitle thingy - people do not born with modifications - they got them in the course of life. So I can understand when you staert the game as male and then become woman, for example, because of mods AND YOUR OWN CHOICES. But your beloved CDPR took away from us the very notion of choice. Of course, they say the opposite - "you can be anyone you want from the start".
But it's a lie becuse I cannot be, say, a white heterosexual male. So my choices is cut from the start.

Ryvors: Read Cyberpunk 2020, listen to Mike Pondsmith the creator of Cyberpunk 2020.
Watch Altered Carbon
Watch Blade Runner

how many source materials do you want ? :D Every single one has proof that bodymodifications are INTEGRAL and EVERY DAY part of this genre and technology are so advanced that even everyday people can get it so easily..

Yunipuma: Once again: it's hero choice to alter his/her body. But even in Altered Carbon the protagonist has a very strong memory who he was originally and he didn't changed his sex.
Yunipuma: How can you use Lord's name when you are going against His design? Humans were made in the likeness of God & and they (Adam & Eve) were not gay.
So either shut up about "identity doesn't matter" or stop using Lord's name. You cannot have it both.
the only thing missing are the words "male" and "female". both can still be made.
But.

And yet, Turner become a white heterosexual male, btw :)

Once again: it's hero choice to alter his/her body. But even in Altered Carbon the protagonist has a very strong memory who he was originally and he didn't changed his sex.

How can you use Lord's name when you are going against His design? Humans were made in the likeness of God & and they (Adam & Eve) were not gay.
chmegma: the only thing missing are the words "male" and "female". both can still be made.
Yeah. Good luck making certain people understand that though, since they already hate anything trans-related whatsoever.

But.

Watch Altered Carbon
Watch Blade Runner

Yunipuma: Once again: it's hero choice to alter his/her body. But even in Altered Carbon the protagonist has a very strong memory who he was originally and he didn't changed his sex.
Yunipuma: How can you use Lord's name when you are going against His design? Humans were made in the likeness of God & and they (Adam & Eve) were not gay.
okay :)
chmegma: the only thing missing are the words "male" and "female". both can still be made.
lace_gardenia: Yeah. Good luck making certain people understand that though, since they already hate anything trans-related whatsoever.
The Cyberpunk genre is filled with trans related things all over the place since the 80s
even famous rocker boys in the lore dated people with trans human bodies or trans people:D

i dont understand why these people are here. why are they here? they clearly cant and wont understand whats this genre is about.

complaining about trans or gay people in a fictional cyberpunk word is absurd and insane. Cyberpunk is about oversexualizing EVERYTHING by corporations and in this world you can find ANY kind of people with any kind of sexual taste......
Post edited January 03, 2020 by Ryvors
low rated
Ryvors: i dont understand why these people are here. why are they here? they clearly cant and wont understand whats this genre is about.
They enjoy being angry,

I understand what you are saying - "transgender people were in cyberpunk in the 80-s". But that's a lie, there weren't. Not in the sense of modern transgenderism movement.
low rated
LootHunter: I understand what you are saying - "transgender people were in cyberpunk in the 80-s". But that's a lie, there weren't. Not in the sense of modern transgenderism movement.
You shouldn't buy the game then, since it makes you so upset. Perhaps you should play something more to your tastes?
Post edited January 03, 2020 by lace_gardenia
Don't bring religion into this. If we go by Adam and Eve then we all should be able to live for 930 years like Adam. Sure they weren't gay. But they also were the only humans. They had some children and then? Where did the next generation come from? Only possibility would be incest or with animals. Not something religious people really want, isn't it?