It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sance231: There are so many things wrong with their product, we have badass CPUs, unlimited amount of RAM and killer GPUs these days, yet we can't play freakin' DOS games properly.
But we can play freakin' DOS games, period. If you want to play them properly, set up a bloody VM with DOS installed. Of course an emulator that has no software base grabbed off the original product just won't be precisely the same as the original product. Even the PS2 emulator you have mentioned is using original PS2 software, which you have to obrain illegally.
Sance231: But if I want to play Blood for example on my Win 7 machine I just can't do that .:) I think that for the sake of creating a good DOS emulator things should change: some company (GOG?) should pay those guys for their work and make them develop this thing full time. Anyway they don't get some amount of money from some sources? GOG and Steam uses their software so they should get something in exchange I guess.
As far as I know, GOG gives DOSBox programmers some free games (at least GOG used to do that), which won't buy them food. As for Steam, they don't get squat.
Post edited May 04, 2013 by Fenixp
If only Atari wasn't a travesty of a company we would have the source code. At least Jace tried to get it for us.
morhlis: If only Atari wasn't a travesty of a company we would have the source code. At least Jace tried to get it for us.
They have financial troubles that's why they canned the project Hall pitched for them. Let's hope times will change.
morhlis: If only Atari wasn't a travesty of a company we would have the source code. At least Jace tried to get it for us.
Sance231: They have financial troubles that's why they canned the project Hall pitched for them. Let's hope times will change.
Most definitely! If Duke Nuken can get a proper, steam-based, HD source port then Blood deserves the same. The thought of being able to click and play Blood with larger than 800x600, full HD audio...sighs
works like a charm thank you very much.
Getting back on topic: Can I just set 'fullscreen' to false and run it in a window? Or does that put even more strain on it?
predcon: Getting back on topic: Can I just set 'fullscreen' to false and run it in a window? Or does that put even more strain on it?
Sure, you can test your FPS by pressing the key for Send_Message (T by default) in game and type "rate", it will appear in the top right of the screen.
Just relayed this info to Skulldog's Blood DOSBox Launcher on Duke4's forums. Trying to make him improve on his Blood DOSBox launcher which I'm using:

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/1278-blood-dosbox-launcher-for-xp-and-vista/page__pid__162981__st__120#entry162981
Post edited June 25, 2013 by DustFalcon1985
Didn't work
Does this mean to delete what was already there and replace? Or keep what was already there and add the lines of code?
coolmanbritt: Does this mean to delete what was already there and replace? Or keep what was already there and add the lines of code?
In some cases you will be adding lines of code. For instance the entry: pixelshader=4xSoft_PS3.0.fx is not present in a vanilla DOSBox conf file.

For the most part I just edited and added the entries that Stixmaster posted to my dosboxBlood.conf file, and left any other entries the way they were. Be sure to back up the original just in case though.
Post edited March 25, 2014 by DustyStyx
I tried this, installed the dosbox version, slapped the provided config over the existing one.

Now Blood is completely unplayable, barely breaking the 8fps landmark at 640x480
Post edited October 28, 2014 by pagb666
After some tinkering... I got it running. And the config provided didn't offer me the best performance. I was able to get ~6 additional fps by changing some of the lines provided by the op. Here are the settings I changed:

output=direct3d
pixelshader=none

aspect=true
scaler=hardware3x

All other lines as provided by the op. Hope it helps.
No matter what I do, copy, or alter in files the listed scaler's will not work. I've followed all the steps exactly as listed. Is there possibly some new error or step that needs considered? I have the newest SVN Dosbox.

Edit - Actually after a lot of playing around I found the 320 x whatever Default video setting DOES show the scaler but it looks terrible because it also being pulled into full widescreen which is distorting the images. I'm fairly new to the DOSBOX so help would be appreciated.
Post edited November 19, 2014 by Deadza
Set the fullresolution option in DOSBox to 1920x1080 (or whatever your highest monitor resolution you can achieve)
Set machine to vega_noflb (might be noflb, not sure atm).
Set aspect to TRUE.
Set scaler to hq3x.

Personally, I'd go with that first option you tried, the 320x200 one.
It's VGA and not as demanding as VESA 2.0. Also, with the options I just gave you, it won't look THAT bad running in that low resolution.
Keep in mind that if you chose to play with VGA 320x200, you might want to change the machine setting from vesa_nolfb to VGAOnly.

Also, be sure to check out this thread too:
http://www.gog.com/forum/blood_series/bmouse_0_5_mouse_driver_that_fixes_the_terrible_mouselook_on_dos_build_games
Post edited November 20, 2014 by Ghostbreed