It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Picked up a new laptop with Win 8.1.. Installed latest version of game from GOG. Install of Widescreen Mod fails at any resolution. Have tried install with just Widescreen Mod. Reinstillation with other mods first, same error every time.
Have you tried opening a command prompt as Administrator, and then installing the mod there?
I've also tried the v3.06 patch on Windows XP and it keeps returning this error:
Copying and patching 1 file ...
FAILURE:
EXE patching failed.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [bgmain2.exe] -> [bgmain2.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EXE patching failed."))

Is there a way to get this WS patch to work?
IronArcturus: I've also tried the v3.06 patch on Windows XP and it keeps returning this error:
Copying and patching 1 file ...
FAILURE:
EXE patching failed.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [bgmain2.exe] -> [bgmain2.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EXE patching failed."))

Is there a way to get this WS patch to work?
Please do not hijack threads. I am answering your query in the other thread. Please keep it there.
Hickory: Please do not hijack threads. I am answering your query in the other thread. Please keep it there.
I'm not "hijacking" any threads. I noticed jonbruton is using the same patch version that I was using and he was also getting errors trying to install it.
Hickory: Please do not hijack threads. I am answering your query in the other thread. Please keep it there.
IronArcturus: I'm not "hijacking" any threads. I noticed jonbruton is using the same patch version that I was using and he was also getting errors trying to install it.
It is not your thread, and your question is being answered elsewhere, ergo you are hijacking this thread.