It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get used to waiting folks. New release date: November 30th.
Any word on whether this will be released on something other than Beamdog?

I'm going to have to pass on it unless it's released on GoG.
xaliqen: Any word on whether this will be released on something other than Beamdog?

I'm going to have to pass on it unless it's released on GoG.
It may find its way here but if it does it will be a few years.
With GOG.com having posted their own guide to enhancing the original BG, I doubt we will see the EE here any time soon. Which is fine by me. The recent gameplay video left me underwhelmed and I dislike many aspects of how this project has been handled in general, the latest being the removal of about a dozen of the original's cinematics.
Lorfean: [snip] the latest being the removal of about a dozen of the original's cinematics.
Yeah, that's quite a shame. Not a good decision, especially towards people like most of us here who come to BG:EE as fans of the original game. It might not matter to a player who's new to Baldur's Gate whether or not there is a Beregost cinematic, but we know it should be there.
Lorfean: With GOG.com having posted their own guide to enhancing the original BG, I doubt we will see the EE here any time soon. Which is fine by me. The recent gameplay video left me underwhelmed and I dislike many aspects of how this project has been handled in general, the latest being the removal of about a dozen of the original's cinematics.
I'm ok with some of those being removed. There were a bunch that were just filler between areas and added nothing to the game.
Lorfean: With GOG.com having posted their own guide to enhancing the original BG, I doubt we will see the EE here any time soon. Which is fine by me. The recent gameplay video left me underwhelmed and I dislike many aspects of how this project has been handled in general, the latest being the removal of about a dozen of the original's cinematics.
ncarty97: I'm ok with some of those being removed. There were a bunch that were just filler between areas and added nothing to the game.
Exactly and mods can add back in what you want. Unless you are planning on playing on tablets (which will be released at a later point than todays release).
So, did anybody but this? How is it? Any visible improvements? Is it worth 20 bucks...?
Considering the original game is half the price, and mods free, I don't see why a game with pre-installed mods and a worse GUI should warrant twice the price.

Like many others, I'm displeased with this whole project. It sounded good to begin with, but it has a nasty smell of "moneygrab off a good name".

If it drops to a fiver and appears DRM-free, maybe I'll consider it. For 20? No way.
Coelocanth: Now, this could very well be nostalgia talking,
You enter a 10x10 room. An orc is guarding a chest.

http://yamara.com/2005/08/22/blag-loses-it/

EDIT

I just watched the intro on Beamdog.

No. Noooo. NooOOOOooooo. :'(

It's not FMV, it's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=egfgFZATd5E
Post edited November 28, 2012 by BlueMooner
I'm not happy with it currently.

I just saved Dyanhier and have one of the new NPC's Rasaad. As soon as I leave the are game breaking bug. Rasaad keeps initiaing conversation with me ala Noober. There were also a few other bugs I notived but didnt really care about but once i couldn't play the game anymore I said. Screw it.

I am now redownloading BG1 and 2 from here and modding it again to play. Beamdog's version has a thumbs down from me for now. Maybe they will get their shit together.
keeveek: So, did anybody but this? How is it? Any visible improvements? Is it worth 20 bucks...?
It's alright so far, nothing unexpected. Zooming works surprisingly well though, and there are several subtle changes to the engine most of which I've found quite helpful so far (stuff like panning the camera to the speaker when you enter dialog mode). I've recruited all 3 of the new NPCs but have yet to start their quests. Haven't tried the new adventure yet.
Will not bother playing until a user can increase the frame rate rate. Like you could in BG2 and Throne. 30 frames a second is painfully slow.
I really do like the idea of not having to mess around with conversions, fixes, and mods to get BG/TotSC to run in the BG2 engine on a widescreen setup. I do fresh installs of BG often enough that I'd even go so far as to say I'd definitely be willing to pay for that type of convenience.

But the online activation DRM makes it a no-go for me. Attaching DRM to a rerelease of a 14-year-old game whose primary value is in making something I can already play more convenient on my modern system makes you an *** plain and simple IMO. The price I have less of an issue with. No game has given me more entertainment over the years for what I paid for it than BG.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be UI skin mods at some point, so I don't think the UI appearance will be that big a deal in the long run. If it's possible to replace the movies with the originals (provided one had access to the movie files from another version of the game), I'm sure somebody will figure out how to do that too.
I do prefer the old intro ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoSqDtky0pU&t=1m2s ) particularly the blood pooling away to the s of Baldur's Gate.

I am sad that despite the time they've had a bunch of issues on launch, some of them really shouldn't have been there from the sounds of it. Really they should have delayed it a little longer, one more month to fix some of the other bugs.

Lastly as Crowseye says, the DRM on a game this old seems crazy, though I had been planning to buy it on the Mac or iPad which has me restricted to the App Store. I wish they'd released on GOG so I could have DRM free and both Mac and Win versions available.