It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi there. So after searching on all the available forums, using that little search function, I couldn't find a conclusive solution.

So guys, you are my last hope of dwelling into BG1...

OSX 10.9.4
BG1&2 from GOG, Mac versions

Both games work flawlessly, I can get them to quick save. Now when I start modding, everything installs great, except for BGT.

Once I fully install the BGT-118, I am unable to launch BG2 at all.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing, 5 times with different little tweaks and trials.

Here's the line which seem to cause conflict during the installation process

"Converting tilesets...
/bin/sh: bgt/install/osx/amd64/tis2bg2: cannot execute binary file"

I get a repeat of that line maybe 50 times in a row.

I did the osx/amd64/binary files, tried to find the most up-to-date.

I fiddled with the bin and managed to move to a different assertion.

First, A box with nothing but "-1", then Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line 834.

Here is an error I perceived in the last bgt install.

ERROR: BIFF [./MOVIES/MOVINTRO.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "./MOVIES/MOVINTRO.BIF")
[INTRO15F.MVE] --biff-get error: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "./MOVIES/MOVINTRO.BIF")

I have read that the previous would only cause a video playback malfunction and not affect launching or anything.

If anyone has anything, that would be ggggrrreeeatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Pierre
Post edited August 25, 2014 by MacDoogle
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
MacDoogle: I did the osx/amd64/binary files, tried to find the most up-to-date.
Does that mean you made sure that tis2bg2 is inside your \bgt\install\osx\amd64\ folder?
MacDoogle: I did the osx/amd64/binary files, tried to find the most up-to-date.
Hickory: Does that mean you made sure that tis2bg2 is inside your \bgt\install\osx\amd64\ folder?
yes, I don't know if it's relevant, but the size is 18k
Hickory: Does that mean you made sure that tis2bg2 is inside your \bgt\install\osx\amd64\ folder?
MacDoogle: yes, I don't know if it's relevant, but the size is 18k
Ok, I just took a look at the install script, and it appears that tis2bg2 uses the wrong paths to files, and so it must be located in the BG2 game folder. Place a copy there.

Here is the commented portion of the install script:

[
ACTION_IF "%WEIDU_OS%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~win32~ BEGIN //windows: tis2bg2 uses "wrong" paths to files (relative from the executable, not to PWD)
COPY + ~bgt/install/%WEIDU_OS%/%WEIDU_ARCH%/tis2bg2.exe~ ~tis2bg2.exe~ //tis2bg2 must be located in BG2 game folder
]
MacDoogle: yes, I don't know if it's relevant, but the size is 18k
Hickory: Ok, I just took a look at the install script, and it appears that tis2bg2 uses the wrong paths to files, and so it must be located in the BG2 game folder. Place a copy there.

Here is the commented portion of the install script:

[
ACTION_IF "%WEIDU_OS%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~win32~ BEGIN //windows: tis2bg2 uses "wrong" paths to files (relative from the executable, not to PWD)
COPY + ~bgt/install/%WEIDU_OS%/%WEIDU_ARCH%/tis2bg2.exe~ ~tis2bg2.exe~ //tis2bg2 must be located in BG2 game folder
]
My tis2bg2 is located

/Applications/Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2/Baldur's Gate 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate 2/bgt/install/osx/amd64

is it because it's an exe and that i'm running the unix versions that it may cause errors?
MacDoogle: My tis2bg2 is located

/Applications/Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2/Baldur's Gate 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate 2/bgt/install/osx/amd64

is it because it's an exe and that i'm running the unix versions that it may cause errors?
Tis2bg2 is a Windows executable that has been modified to run on MacOS. Going from the install script notes, it seems that you need to have a copy in:

../Baldur's Gate 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate 2/
MacDoogle: My tis2bg2 is located

Hickory: Tis2bg2 is a Windows executable that has been modified to run on MacOS. Going from the install script notes, it seems that you need to have a copy in:

../Baldur's Gate 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate 2/
Tried to put a copy in the main folder, and in the osx/amd64 folder. Can this cause conflicts while installing if I have 2 copies in 2 folders?

Error #2 keeps coming back : "-1" , An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 834.

I tried to tick 3d options, windowed and stuff. It takes away the 628 for a 834.
MacDoogle: Tried to put a copy in the main folder, and in the osx/amd64 folder. Can this cause conflicts while installing if I have 2 copies in 2 folders?
No, it won't cause conflicts.

Error #2 keeps coming back : "-1" , An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 834.

I tried to tick 3d options, windowed and stuff. It takes away the 628 for a 834.
This error is caused by the [Alias] section of baldur.ini, so you need to edit it to point to the correct installation path.
MacDoogle: Tried to put a copy in the main folder, and in the osx/amd64 folder. Can this cause conflicts while installing if I have 2 copies in 2 folders?
Hickory: No, it won't cause conflicts.

Hickory: This error is caused by the [Alias] section of baldur.ini, so you need to edit it to point to the correct installation path.
Current Alias' with the clean install, which is working perfectly fine.

[Alias]
HD0:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2
CD1:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD2:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD3:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD4:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD5:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD6:=C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\

Are the GOG versions patched to the correct version off the shelves?

+ After fiddling around with the video settings, seems like 3d accel + windowed stopped the Assertion 628 from happening.
MacDoogle: Are the GOG versions patched to the correct version off the shelves?
The GOG version has all official patches and some fixes, so yes.

Since you are installing BGT, have you made absolutely sure you have a completely virgin installation of BG1? This is absolutely required for BGT. No fixes, no patches, no mods... nada.
MacDoogle: Are the GOG versions patched to the correct version off the shelves?
Hickory: The GOG version has all official patches and some fixes, so yes.

Since you are installing BGT, have you made absolutely sure you have a completely virgin installation of BG1? This is absolutely required for BGT. No fixes, no patches, no mods... nada.
BG1 is untouched. Simply installed, created a character and quick-saved. I tried to allow read & write permissions on some files/folders, like baldurs.ini, main folder, main wine app/folder, setup-files, binaries.

No luck again.

I'm considering just scraping the idea of bgt as of now.
MacDoogle: I'm considering just scraping the idea of bgt as of now.
You might want to consider posting your issues on the official BGT forum.