It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've just been wondering when the offline installer is going to be updated for BG1&2. I can't use GOG Galaxy because of the platform I use so I'm kinda high and dry on this one.
This question / problem has been solved by DubConquerorimage
Neck_Bear: I've just been wondering when the offline installer is going to be updated for BG1&2. I can't use GOG Galaxy because of the platform I use so I'm kinda high and dry on this one.
I prefer a patch for 2.6.6 rather than installer.
I prefer a full installer, but at the moment, we have neither. Contacting GOG Support would likely be more fruitful than posting here.
They're here now, but I wonder what does update 2.6.6.0 fix?

*edit: found the Beamdog post with the list of fixes in 2.6.6.0. It fixes some bugs that were introduced with the 2.6 version:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82061/is-the-steam-gog-baldurs-gate-i-ii-icewind-dale-enhanced-editions-2-6-6-patch-ready-to-release
Post edited May 27, 2021 by DubConqueror
as it happens this patch is very important for gog users because we normally get the short end of the stick but this patch actually does give Gog users a solid build
ussnorway: as it happens this patch is very important for gog users because we normally get the short end of the stick but this patch actually does give Gog users a solid build
Beamdog gets a lot of (undeserved) flak, but they're fast in providing patches to GOG.
ussnorway: as it happens this patch is very important for gog users because we normally get the short end of the stick but this patch actually does give Gog users a solid build
DubConqueror: Beamdog gets a lot of (undeserved) flak, but they're fast in providing patches to GOG.
From what the Beamdog staff had said the holdup was on GOG's end.
DubConqueror: Beamdog gets a lot of (undeserved) flak, but they're fast in providing patches to GOG.
Neck_Bear: From what the Beamdog staff had said the holdup was on GOG's end.
correct, Beamdog give the patch over which is what Galaxy users get but Gog makes the off line patches so that is why the hold up... its always a case of you get it when Gog have it made ;)

p.s, the flak Beamdog gets for making untested patches has been well deserved in the past but this time they did a very good job!... sorry if I wasn't clear about that
ussnorway: p.s, the flak Beamdog gets for making untested patches has been well deserved in the past but this time they did a very good job!... sorry if I wasn't clear about that
*nods* Beamdog really did get the 2.6.6 patch out VERY quickly. They actually had a beta version of the patch out within a week and held off on declaring it "official" until a certain number of independent users vetted and approved it on Windows, MacOS and Linux. It was available on Galaxy the same day it was released on Steam and the Beamdog client -- GOG just farted around for two weeks before finally updating the offline installers (and STILL haven't updated the patch notes since 2.5). I've given them plenty of flak in the past, but... giving credit where it's due: Beamdog did a solid job on 2.6.6.

I would highly recommend downloading the full offline installers for this version: it's a good baseline to fallback to in case things fly off the rails again in the future.