It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It worked the first time, now it doesn't. I just wanna play the fucking game again. What do I have to do! I updated, downloaden I'm sick and tired of this game not working.
Anyone know what has happened to TgamesFr? Seems like he kind of just disappeared. Latest activity seems to be August 2020. Both here on this GOG forum and also on his own forum http://tgames.fr/ and also on his Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/TgamesFR/videos
Could it be some Covid 19 related things that he just disappeared? :O
Yffisch: Anyone know what has happened to TgamesFr? Seems like he kind of just disappeared. Latest activity seems to be August 2020. Both here on this GOG forum and also on his own forum http://tgames.fr/ and also on his Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/TgamesFR/videos
Could it be some Covid 19 related things that he just disappeared? :O
I'd like to ask the same thing. I really hope he is alright...
Don't worry guys i'm fine, i was just busy with others projects.

Since progress has been made on Atlantis Support and some people found a new method of loading the game completely free of any bugs using DosBox.

When i was releasing this patch in 2018 it was broken on DosBox and my patch was the only method.
Now it's fixed and the game run smooth, very stable and at normal speed.
Running this game with DosBox is completely superior to running the game with Patch now.

I will release a config and missing files for DosBox if some need but you can already run the game on it it's pretty much "plug and play". You just have to re-add missings files in the GOG game and the game will run on DosBox using GOG Files.

Another advantage of using DosBox we can run it on many devices (consoles, mobile, tablets...).

With DosBox you have :

- Smooth animations
- No glitched music when you move from window
- Never any crash whatever the config
- No graphicals glitches (missing part of body etc...)
- 1:1 experience compared to a old PC
- Filters etc...

Myself i run this game with DosBox on a CRT and the picture is ultra sharp like in 1997 on a old PC.

It's a good solution before ScummVM support this game.
The best solution will be the ScummVM one but it's a far from completion.
At the moment only Versailles is supported.

Best Regards.
Post edited January 01, 2022 by tgamesfr
Good to see you're still around! And thank you for info regarding DosBox :)
The link for the patch seems to be dead now.

I managed to find a mirror of it here: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2061-atlantis-extended-cut-updater/
Post edited March 05, 2022 by ettac orrazib si eman ym
tgamesfr: Don't worry guys i'm fine, i was just busy with others projects.

Since progress has been made on Atlantis Support and some people found a new method of loading the game completely free of any bugs using DosBox.

When i was releasing this patch in 2018 it was broken on DosBox and my patch was the only method.
Now it's fixed and the game run smooth, very stable and at normal speed.
Running this game with DosBox is completely superior to running the game with Patch now.

I will release a config and missing files for DosBox if some need but you can already run the game on it it's pretty much "plug and play". You just have to re-add missings files in the GOG game and the game will run on DosBox using GOG Files.

Another advantage of using DosBox we can run it on many devices (consoles, mobile, tablets...).

With DosBox you have :

- Smooth animations
- No glitched music when you move from window
- Never any crash whatever the config
- No graphicals glitches (missing part of body etc...)
- 1:1 experience compared to a old PC
- Filters etc...

Myself i run this game with DosBox on a CRT and the picture is ultra sharp like in 1997 on a old PC.

It's a good solution before ScummVM support this game.
The best solution will be the ScummVM one but it's a far from completion.
At the moment only Versailles is supported.

Best Regards.
Τhank you for everything you've done for the Atlantis community! :) Do you have a list of the missing files on the gog release? Can we use the original 4 CD ISOs to play the game on dosbox?
Has anyone tried booting Atlantis 1 from Windows 11? Mine just crashes at startup now. I see nothing but hear the Cryo-logo movie. Then nothing.

Tried booting from the tgamesfr launcher. Tried MAIN.EXE with different compatability modes but to no avail.
Why is it called official topic?
tgamesfr:
After the terrible release of Atlantis 4 here on GOG (which unfortunately is just the ruined re-release) I decided to reinstall Atlantis 1 and stumbled over this thread (yes, I know that I am late ;)). I tried your patch and noticed that it still has a minor bug. At least in the German version the audio in the introscene will get cut short at the end with some words missing (faded out). I tried different FPS settings but did not have any luck. Tested on Win10, GTX1060, i7 4790K.

You mentioned that the best way to play the game would be to play it in DOSBox. Unfortunately the GOG version is windows only so it can't be played in DOSBox at all.

By the way - is there a manual way to fix the missing body parts in the game? It is the most annoying thing for me with the GOG version.

Thank you for your work on this great franchise.
Post edited July 15, 2022 by MarkoH01
tgamesfr:
MarkoH01: After the terrible release of Atlantis 4 here on GOG (which unfortunately is just the ruined re-release) I decided to reinstall Atlantis 1 and stumbled over this thread (yes, I know that I am late ;)). I tried your patch and noticed that it still has a minor bug. At least in the German version the audio in the introscene will get cut short at the end with some words missing (faded out). I tried different FPS settings but did not have any luck. Tested on Win10, GTX1060, i7 4790K.

You mentioned that the best way to play the game would be to play it in DOSBox. Unfortunately the GOG version is windows only so it can't be played in DOSBox at all.

By the way - is there a manual way to fix the missing body parts in the game? It is the most annoying thing for me with the GOG version.

Thank you for your work on this great franchise.
Atlantis series have been patched a couple of days ago. Now they run under the configurable ddraw wrapper used in other games. So some things should be diferent regarding supposed graphic bugs stability or performance.
Gudadantza: Atlantis series have been patched a couple of days ago. Now they run under the configurable ddraw wrapper used in other games. So some things should be diferent regarding supposed graphic bugs stability or performance.
Unfortunately the dxwrapper does not fix much and especially not the missing body parts which is a pity since they weren't broken in some earlier versions and they are fixed with this unofficial patch. As you can imagine I've tried the new versions before posting here today.
Post edited July 15, 2022 by MarkoH01
Gudadantza: Atlantis series have been patched a couple of days ago. Now they run under the configurable ddraw wrapper used in other games. So some things should be diferent regarding supposed graphic bugs stability or performance.
MarkoH01: Unfortunately the dxwrapper does not fix much and especially not the missing body parts which is a pity since they weren't broken in some earlier versions and they are fixed with this unofficial patch. As you can imagine I've tried the new versions before posting here today.
Any specific scene where those missing body parts are present for testing? For now I do not see the glitch at all. My only gripe is that the game runs slower, less smooth than the others
MarkoH01: Unfortunately the dxwrapper does not fix much and especially not the missing body parts which is a pity since they weren't broken in some earlier versions and they are fixed with this unofficial patch. As you can imagine I've tried the new versions before posting here today.
Gudadantza: Any specific scene where those missing body parts are present for testing? For now I do not see the glitch at all. My only gripe is that the game runs slower, less smooth than the others
Just talk to the guards right at the beginning. They do miss some armor on their face. If you don't know the game you might not notice but it's definitely a bug. In the trailer for this patch you can also see how it is supposed to look.

https://youtu.be/o1fEX5Lfv3A?t=94
Post edited July 16, 2022 by MarkoH01
Gudadantza: Any specific scene where those missing body parts are present for testing? For now I do not see the glitch at all. My only gripe is that the game runs slower, less smooth than the others
MarkoH01: Just talk to the guards right at the beginning. They do miss some armor on their face. If you don't know the game you might not notice but it's definitely a bug. In the trailer for this patch you can also see how it is supposed to look.

https://youtu.be/o1fEX5Lfv3A?t=94
Definitibely a weird bug.

Yes, I see the guards without the complete face armor, or the fisherman's beard, but I always saw those NPC in that way, at least the GOG version, when it wanted to run. Or maybe I was using some kind of fix, wrapper to be able to run the game (ddrawcompat probaly), because indeed it was impossible, and the supposed workaround caused the same glitches with the faces and body parts. At least now it runs stable

There were other problems more serious that this glitch. It had problems with the speed/framerate in some scripts or scenes and they could be game breakng.
Those problems are the ones I'd like to know if have been fixed definitively. About the missing body parts I hope this gives vivsbility to the problem. These days they are hotfixing the games. Now or never. We'll see.