It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there anyone out there in the community that can help me out?
I can't figure this one out!
Could you clarify 'can't play'? Does the executable do anything noticeable? Do you get as far as the title screen? Etc.
Are you on Windows 8?
Sorry about that...The game wont fit my screen and I am on windows 7
People have played it successfully at 1920x1080
ex:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/arcanum-high-resolution-patch.31632/#post-740574

Your problem seems similar to this person's:
http://www.gog.com/forum/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura/must_have_arcanum_fan_patches_widescreen_and_more/page13

wizzyendor123

Two related issues: Aspect ratio & glitching at the games opening menu.

My native resolution is 1920x1080. I've installed Drog's UAP and Hi Res patch. I have tried several different resolutions with said patch, but the game screen never scales. I will play any game regardless of graphics. But playing this only using a 1/3 of the screen is just silly. Here is my caveat!! = Apparently my laptop routes the Nvidia graphics through Intel graphics properties(?) So to Fix Scaling, I have to use the Intel menu. My options with the Nvidia control panel are limited. And with the Intel menu, I have no fix scaling option at 1920x1080.

So when I leave my computer resolution as normal, the game looks fine, just 4:3. When I try different 16:9 resolutions with my graphics properties, matching those I set with the high res patch, the game screen looks like a Jackson Pollock. And I have yet to see the game go WIDE!! Under any circumstance.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious. I've scoured forums but have not seen anyone mention my specific little problem. I really want to play this tasty game, so I come to you with hat in hand. Thanks for your time.

Spex: Windows 8aaaaate / i7 / geforce 770M / bla bla bla

----------------------------------------------------

Maybe send a personal message to wizzyendor123 and see if he found a solution.