It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I still use Win 7 SP1 64-bit, but this version of 1404 is constantly crashing when trying to do autosave. No remedy so far. I bought the Ubisoft version, which worked until they shut down support for Win 7 for their connect software...
pereh: I still use Win 7 SP1 64-bit, but this version of 1404 is constantly crashing when trying to do autosave. No remedy so far. I bought the Ubisoft version, which worked until they shut down support for Win 7 for their connect software...
Have you tried the 4gb patch on Benchmark.exe run it and also all the other anno exe files with the 4gb patch and got the same result?
pereh: I still use Win 7 SP1 64-bit, but this version of 1404 is constantly crashing when trying to do autosave. No remedy so far. I bought the Ubisoft version, which worked until they shut down support for Win 7 for their connect software...
Fonzer: Have you tried the 4gb patch on Benchmark.exe run it and also all the other anno exe files with the 4gb patch and got the same result?
I know the RAM error message from years ago, but the crashes I got now did not send any messages.
Nevertheless, I have installed Venice again, applied the 4GB-patch toboth exe files, set compatibility to XP and started a new game. Let's see.

Thanks for your answer.
So I have played about 40 hours now, up to the late game and with more than 12.000 people. I made lots of manual saves and autosaves, and the game worked without any problems. It seems that this 4GB patch solves more problems than just the 'Out of memory' message.

Many thanks again to @Fonzer for pointing me to this patch.
pereh: So I have played about 40 hours now, up to the late game and with more than 12.000 people. I made lots of manual saves and autosaves, and the game worked without any problems. It seems that this 4GB patch solves more problems than just the 'Out of memory' message.

Many thanks again to @Fonzer for pointing me to this patch.
Heh your welcome and good to know that it works.
I was wondering if you will reply about the results and you did.
But i still wonder why some games have these problems and were made like this and need such a patch.
Also i was playing the german version a little and don't think that the unofficial patch is compatible with the 4gb patch.
Post edited February 24, 2024 by Fonzer