It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I Keep trying to find a game in multiplayer but it says theres no game? Is it that nobody is playing this game?
There aren't too many people, no. Unless you are willing to sit around and wait a little bit. The community for this game is not too active.
I just reinstalled the game and it was sad to see that there are currently no open multiplayer games.
Maybe we should create a thread which we can bump if we are about to create a mp session?
In this case I'm now about to open a DM game. Join and have fun! Don't let this great game fall asleep.
okkkkerlo: I just reinstalled the game and it was sad to see that there are currently no open multiplayer games.
Maybe we should create a thread which we can bump if we are about to create a mp session?
In this case I'm now about to open a DM game. Join and have fun! Don't let this great game fall asleep.
The problem is that there's no lobby for this game. On Mplayer and GameSpy, there were lobbies where you could see the servers and just hang out; if somebody wanted to create a game, you could just say you're starting it and people would join. As it is now, I saw this message 7 hours too late. There hasn't been a good way to organise games except to announce you're going to start one in advance (about a day or so before).
GhostofBigBoss: I Keep trying to find a game in multiplayer but it says theres no game? Is it that nobody is playing this game?
We'll now be able to get friends for whenever you want to play. I have the game installed. Galaxy lets invite people to be a friend.
I can't play multiplayer. Is there any known issue about that?
gaddarmice: I can't play multiplayer. Is there any known issue about that?
Try updating your game.
Well if it makes any difference there are many people on GOG that just want SINGLE player games. So it isn't to surprising to find this outcome within the GOG community.
gaddarmice: I can't play multiplayer. Is there any known issue about that?
Olde72: Try updating your game.
But it is updated. Isn't that should be 2.1.0.25 version?
Olde72: Try updating your game.
gaddarmice: But it is updated. Isn't that should be 2.1.0.25 version?
If you get a message saying there are no servers available, that is not an error message. There are simply no servers being hosted at that time. AVP Classic 2000 doesn't have dedicated servers. The only servers you will see online are those that are hosted by players at that time.

However, if you get a message that says "Unable to authorize(1)" or something similar, then you need to update your game. Download the latest installation version and install the game again. I had to do this several times over the course of a few months. The newest installer is called: setup_avp_classic_2.0.0.26.exe
gaddarmice: But it is updated. Isn't that should be 2.1.0.25 version?
Olde72: If you get a message saying there are no servers available, that is not an error message. There are simply no servers being hosted at that time. AVP Classic 2000 doesn't have dedicated servers. The only servers you will see online are those that are hosted by players at that time.

However, if you get a message that says "Unable to authorize(1)" or something similar, then you need to update your game. Download the latest installation version and install the game again. I had to do this several times over the course of a few months. The newest installer is called: setup_avp_classic_2.0.0.26.exe
I see. So looks like no one play it anymore. Anyway :/

I guess there is no feature like this as yet but it would be great if possiple. Just check out here; http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/informing_online_servers_status_by_game_over_the_client
I suggest informing through the forum if anyone is going to play.
Now we will have to be satisfied with this method.

I have been getting the "server connection error" but am changing some software at the moment and, hopefully, will be able to play it in the end. I would like to find out if it is going to work properly.

That being said, I would like to inform that am going to try it out today at 12.00 am and tomorrow at 9.00 am, Polish time. This site may help you: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Post edited May 10, 2015 by rogzby
rogzby: That being said, I would like to inform that am going to try it out today at 12.00 am and tomorrow at 9.00 am, Polish time. This site may help you: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Why not simple post the UTC time? It's the internet. I thought that was the whole point of it?
gaddarmice: I guess there is no feature like this as yet but it would be great if possiple. Just check out here; http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/informing_online_servers_status_by_game_over_the_client
What you're really asking for is a server list, which would be fantastic for this game. Mplayer and GameSpy had it, neither Steam nor GOG have one for AVP.

And yes, using UTC/GMT is more helpful than regional time, since most people know how many hours away from GMT they are.
rogzby: That being said, I would like to inform that am going to try it out today at 12.00 am and tomorrow at 9.00 am, Polish time. This site may help you: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Gydion: Why not simple post the UTC time? It's the internet. I thought that was the whole point of it?
You're right :)
Next time I will use that measure.
[Monday, 7.00 am UTC]
P.S. I usually don't use Internet for communication so I will have to redesign my state of mind ;)