It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After installing AVP the 'Launch Game' option at the end of the setup process restarted my PC with no warning.

Speaking with another GOG user online via AVP, they report experiencing the same problem.

A warning to anyone installing the game: It may restart your Windows PC without warning.
JonDR: After installing AVP the 'Launch Game' option at the end of the setup process restarted my PC with no warning.

Speaking with another GOG user online via AVP, they report experiencing the same problem.

A warning to anyone installing the game: It may restart your Windows PC without warning.
It hit me by surprise, but at least I was able to cancel the shutdown fast enough. :)

Another point is: You need to manually start the galaxyclient, the start menu link will not open it, so first i wondered what the hell the sticky post is talking about :D
I can confirm it did exactly the same thing with mine also, as soon as you hit the exit button when install is finished my PC was forcibly restarted without any warning except the screen showing what it was shutting down before the restart.
Iain: I can confirm it did exactly the same thing with mine also, as soon as you hit the exit button when install is finished my PC was forcibly restarted without any warning except the screen showing what it was shutting down before the restart.
same here
yup same here
This has not happened to me thus far.
Exact same thing just happened for me.

Got pretty scared honestly.

The question is why. Why does the installer have to restart the PC, and why does it have to FORCE IT like that?!

Is it not something that can wait, like.. uhm..

Windows Update!
Post edited October 15, 2014 by MartDrummer
Hi guys,

Sorry about the sudden restart on your PCs. This was not supposed to happen and it was a result of how we had set up the installation of the VisualC redistributable. The game's installer has been fixed and this should no longer occur. Again, we really apologize for that sudden scare with your computers.
Post edited October 15, 2014 by JudasIscariot
Unfortunately it still happens, just installed it a few minutes ago and my pc restarted without warning.
JudasIscariot: Hi guys,

Sorry about the sudden restart on your PCs. This was not supposed to happen and it was a result of how we had set up the installation of the VisualC redistributable. The game's installer has been fixed and this should no longer occur. Again, we really apologize for that sudden scare with your computers.
Still seems to happen. I downloaded the installer about 10 minutes ago and it tried to shut down after install.
I tried version 2.0.0.19, it still restarts the system without warning.
Phew! I just dodged a bullet with this one. Was downloading as I decided to check the forums and saw this.Thanks for the heads up, people! I'll get on it when it gets really fixed.

Sorry for the late reply, but the game installer I got 10 hours after this posting also restarts my computer even if I click "exit." This happens on version 2.0.0.19 of the installer.

thesmashingone: Sorry for the late reply, but the game installer I got 10 hours after this posting also restarts my computer even if I click "exit." This happens on version 2.0.0.19 of the installer.
Today we changed the way redistributables install (from silent to passive), so you will see an install progress box for them (no interaction needed). This has fixed the problem on the machines we have available, please let us know if the problem persists. The installer has been updated, the number is still .19.
thesmashingone: Sorry for the late reply, but the game installer I got 10 hours after this posting also restarts my computer even if I click "exit." This happens on version 2.0.0.19 of the installer.
Tolya: Today we changed the way redistributables install (from silent to passive), so you will see an install progress box for them (no interaction needed). This has fixed the problem on the machines we have available, please let us know if the problem persists. The installer has been updated, the number is still .19.
If I want to see if this change works, should I uninstall my existing copy of AvP Classic 2000 and GOG Galaxy by myself? Or does GOG Galaxy uninstall along with AvP Classic 2000 if the latter (or former) is uninstalled?