It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't start the game. tried running as admin and with trouble shooter and compatibility mode but game is not working. says something about directx and my drivers which are all up to date. please and thanks for help.

SOLVED: USE PC MONITOR INSTEAD OF TV. TV EQUALS ERRORS FOR GAMING AND MONITORS EQUAL QUITE A BIT LESS ERRORS FOR GAMING!
Post edited April 13, 2015 by TheKingPossum
Have you tried starting the game by using the shortcut in the Start Menu? The one in Gog.com/Avp that has - Galaxy Client in the end?

This should start the Galaxy Client (so should the Desktop shortcut but just in case) and you need to allow it access through your firewall. The Client should update the game and take care of DirectX issues.
SleepyChef: Have you tried starting the game by using the shortcut in the Start Menu? The one in Gog.com/Avp that has - Galaxy Client in the end?

This should start the Galaxy Client (so should the Desktop shortcut but just in case) and you need to allow it access through your firewall. The Client should update the game and take care of DirectX issues.
yes I have launched it through the desktop shortcut.
I went so far as to download the directx stufff that is on the support page for the game and nothing.
I have uninstalled and re-installed the game and it still doesn't work.

here are my complete specs:

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
1 GB gddr 5 Nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti graphics card
16 GB ddr 3 RAM with 12 GB usable
600 watt PSU
amd 8 core at 2.8 Ghz a core processor.
oh yeah and a 22 in tv 1280X720P
mini HDMI to full HDMI cord.

the error says direct 3D application error

thanks for the reply.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by TheKingPossum
Sounds like the DirectX 9 issue that until recently plagued people running the Steam version on modern operating systems. Are you sure you downloaded and installed the DirectX End-User Runtimes:

Direct download
or
Web Installer

If that doesn't do it you got me.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by MadMaxRW
it was the fact I was using a TV and not a pc monitor. I have started using a PC monitor instead of the tv and it works fine. in fact many games I used to could not run I now run because of using a monitor instead of a TV.