It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Even if you complete disrespect some person, you should not use this kind of words or tell them to fuck their mothers. How can you expect to get a respectful treatment to yourself if you use ths kind of language ??

About DRM :

First should tell me what gog game?there are many and i don´t own them all.

But with Age of Wonders 3...i am little bit confused / upset about the launcher and mutliplayer....ok i play only singleplayer most of the time and i can understand about the account for online multiplayer even if i am disagree with it

but the Lan issue should be fix with the next update
Post edited April 07, 2014 by -Wolfschmiddy-
-Wolfschmiddy-: Even if you complete disrespect some person, you should not use this kind of words or tell them to fuck their mothers. How can you expect to get a respectful treatment to yourself if you use ths kind of language ??

About DRM :

First should tell me what gog game?there are many and i don´t own them all.

But with Age of Wonders 3...i am little bit confused / upset about the launcher and mutliplayer....ok i play only singleplayer most of the time and i can understand about the account for online multiplayer even if i am disagree with it

but the Lan issue should be fix with the next update
That is not a "LAN issue" that is a "feature", according to the developer, to keep you from playing multiplayer if you do not connect to their server. That is DRM.
For me it is still a "issue " because the game is new . So i will give them a little bit time to fix some bugs and " issues" before i make up my mind.

If they don´t fix the Lan issue or "feature" than this is drm in my opinion, because it stop me from playing it in against other people and hotseat is not a good choice for multiplayer
-Wolfschmiddy-: For me it is still a "issue " because the game is new . So i will give them a little bit time to fix some bugs and " issues" before i make up my mind.

If they don´t fix the Lan issue or "feature" than this is drm in my opinion, because it stop me from playing it in against other people and hotseat is not a good choice for multiplayer
They will not "fix" it, that is what the developer said, you will need internet for LAN, you can only play single and hot seat (like in the 90's :D) offline. Why would they lie?

"* LAN requires online connection in the setup phase, after which the online connection is not needed, more in a bit"

Check the whole forum post: http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=36&tn=5727&st=63#post64

This is the official forum: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/multiplayer-mode/#post-28567

So, you will need internet in the setup phase for LAN to check your game, which is DRM.
Post edited April 07, 2014 by EPurpl3
Ok it doesn´t affect me, cuz i play this game only in the singleplayer mode but still....for Lan you need in the setup up phase a internet connection? this is totaly weird.

So People should address this issue directly to the devs and make some noise and troubles until it is fixed.

I start to wonder what will be the next step in age of wonders 4 oder with the future DLC of AOW 3 ?
-Wolfschmiddy-: Ok it doesn´t affect me, cuz i play this game only in the singleplayer mode but still....for Lan you need in the setup up phase a internet connection? this is totaly weird.

So People should address this issue directly to the devs and make some noise and troubles until it is fixed.

I start to wonder what will be the next step in age of wonders 4 oder with the future DLC of AOW 3 ?
Totally weird?! FIXED?! the developer spend a lot of time developing this DRM system, why would they "fix" it, it helps them make even more money, lol.
EPurpl3: Totally weird?! FIXED?! the developer spend a lot of time developing this DRM system, why would they "fix" it, it helps them make even more money, lol.
This "DRM system".
It's called account-based multiplayer. Not exactly something Triumph thought up, you know? I heard it's been around for a while. Come to think of it, I genuinely can't remember when multiplayer serials became a thing, but it was a while ago. :P

Now to be fair, I think many here are angry because they thought that - like with AoW:SM - they can use a single bought game for multiple computers and then play together in LAN. That's possible with most games from gog.com ofc, since usually they have absolutely no checks against it.

On the other hand, technically it is illegal. The AoW3-page warns you that this game requires the account (and the account-system is a good thing given the alternative, steam-only releases, even if I would ofc prefer no accounts at all), so being unable to use one licence for two+ computers in LAN mode should hardly be a surprise to anyone.

I understand the frustration to a degree. But in the end, you were warned and you should know about how multiplayer works in most games. That many games have no way to enforce their licence and rely on decent buyers does not make it ok to treat it as if they're ok with people using one bought licence for multiple concurrent uses.
Post edited April 07, 2014 by KnThrak
low rated
EPurpl3: Totally weird?! FIXED?! the developer spend a lot of time developing this DRM system, why would they "fix" it, it helps them make even more money, lol.
KnThrak: This "DRM system".
It's called account-based multiplayer. Not exactly something Triumph thought up, you know? I heard it's been around for a while. Come to think of it, I genuinely can't remember when multiplayer serials became a thing, but it was a while ago. :P

Now to be fair, I think many here are angry because they thought that - like with AoW:SM - they can use a single bought game for multiple computers and then play together in LAN. That's possible with most games from gog.com ofc, since usually they have absolutely no checks against it.

On the other hand, technically it is illegal. The AoW3-page warns you that this game requires the account (and the account-system is a good thing given the alternative, steam-only releases, even if I would ofc prefer no accounts at all), so being unable to use one licence for two+ computers in LAN mode should hardly be a surprise to anyone.

I understand the frustration to a degree. But in the end, you were warned and you should know about how multiplayer works in most games. That many games have no way to enforce their licence and rely on decent buyers does not make it ok to treat it as if they're ok with people using one bought licence for multiple concurrent uses.
Go fuck yourself you fucking piece of shit, I don't even want to buy/play this game and if I will buy I will buy it from Steam (there is where I keep the game collection with DRM), I only hate the fact that a game has DRM on GOG. Can you understand that? just read the fucking topic to understand what is DRM and why this game has DRM! amazing amount of stupidity on GOG.
-Wolfschmiddy-: Ok it doesn´t affect me, cuz i play this game only in the singleplayer mode but still....for Lan you need in the setup up phase a internet connection? this is totaly weird.

This DRM crap won't help them make money. I really like Triumph, but this time they pissed on me, and pissed ALOT.
I understand their commercial problems, but that is not how commercial problems can be fixed. Let me remind you, we are talking at GoG.com, place where purchases based on customers honesty, and only honesty.
I'm disappointed, that I must have internet connection for lan. And no PBEM. There are plenty of gamers on gog, who buy on gog because they don't have and don't want persistent Internet connection. In fact most of planet lack of persistent Internet connection.
That's why this DRM crap make peoples angry. You can't sit on two chairs in one time. You can't use selling platform for previous titles for your new business, that don't suits the store marketing.
This guest mode is unacceptable. It's definite fact, that Triumph pissed on GoG customers with this release.
They also messed with multiplayer for steam in case of achieving multi-store sales.
To be honest their AoW series is underrated. AoW series are best among games inspired by MoM. It's a real brilliant. Heroes and Civilization are mainstream in 4x games. I'm afraid, even crap games from Stardock or Desciples III selling much better, than AoW.

I already bought game in steam store for beta testing. And I'll by game on gog, when they make it DRM-free. I'm hoping that they will make DRM-free LAN and PBEM back. Also network code must be improved to rid from nat-forwarding problems, because having problems with multiplayer is unacceptable in present days
Post edited April 07, 2014 by trynoval
TheJadedOne: snip
Okay, let's look at a different game then: Diablo 2.

-You can install the game on any computer. Even if it doesn't have internet access.

-You don't have to register the game at any point, but you need to put in a CD-key during installation.

-You can play the game in singleplayer without any restrictions.

-Same for multiplayer via LAN or TCP/IP.

-There is also the option to play online via the Battle.net, but you need to create an account to do so.

Does the last part now mean, that Diablo 2 has DRM? Or is it simply a service, like others have put it?

If it is DRM, isn't it extremely ineffective? It only affects those who actually use the Battle.net. Everyone else can do with the game what they want, which is contra to what DRM is about.

If it isn't DRM, but a service, then why the huge outcry against AoW 3? Isn't this, basically, the same situation?
TheJadedOne: snip
Gaunathor: Okay, let's look at a different game then: Diablo 2.

-You can install the game on any computer. Even if it doesn't have internet access.

-You don't have to register the game at any point, but you need to put in a CD-key during installation.

-You can play the game in singleplayer without any restrictions.

-Same for multiplayer via LAN or TCP/IP.

-There is also the option to play online via the Battle.net, but you need to create an account to do so.

Does the last part now mean, that Diablo 2 has DRM? Or is it simply a service, like others have put it?

If it is DRM, isn't it extremely ineffective? It only affects those who actually use the Battle.net. Everyone else can do with the game what they want, which is contra to what DRM is about.

If it isn't DRM, but a service, then why the huge outcry against AoW 3? Isn't this, basically, the same situation?
No it's not.
First GoG release is currently broken. You can't play normally without account, it's like demo access, not finished product. BTW you have no access to your deluxe/preorder missions from guest account. Really it's not a big problem - most gamers playing this scenarios once in best case. Btw, why I'm Guest, in first place?
Second. Diablo 2 is ok. With little exception of physical DRM(CD). We have titles like NWN on GOG: they have keys for official multiplayer and free access to lan and tcp/ip.
Minority of active gamers have tendency to forget about silent majority. Many of GOG customers buying games from gog because they don't have persistent Internet connection, or simply dislike this idea.
Third. DRM-free idea was born in minds of old gamers. And as adults they dislike when publisher or developer treat them as stupid kids.
Btw no beta patch testing for GOG is another stone in our window. And matter of concern for GOG, because beta-testing feature is highly popular nowadays. It's a big CON for buying game at GOG.
trynoval: First GoG release is currently broken. You can't play normally without account, it's like demo access, not finished probuct.
I only play singleplayer, and that works perfectly fine using the guest account, including the DLC. The only problem is, that the settings don't get saved, but that is going to get fixed in the upcoming patch. So, I can't agree with this assessment.

trynoval: Second. Diablo 2 is ok. With little exception of physical DRM(CD). We have titles like NWN on GOG: they have keys for official multiplayer and free access to lan and tcp/ip.
The CD-requirement for Diablo 2 has been removed several patches ago, so that is a non-issue by now. As for LAN and TCP/IP, that's not in AoW 3, nor is it planned as far as I heard. Though PBEM is supposed to eventually get added.

As far as DRM is concerned, I don't like. Or at least, certain extreme forms (looking at you, StarCraft 2). That's why I'm here.
trynoval: No it's not.
First GoG release is currently broken. You can't play normally without account, it's like demo access, not finished product.
Errr, I don't have an account, but the singleplayer campaign plays perfectly well for me. Sure, identifying myself as "guest" in the launcher can be a little irritating, but the game itself (single player) is perfectly functionnal, apart from the settings, and the publisher promised this oversight will be fixed in the first patch.

I'm not happy either about the "registration only multiplayer", but it's a little harsh to say that single player is only a "demo access"

EDIT : Ninja'd ^^
Post edited April 07, 2014 by Kardwill
low rated
First I want to say that Diablo 2 has DRM, the same way as SecuROM is DRM. You have to use the CD at all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

Blizzard removed the requirement of a CD to play Diablo 2 because internet DRM was enough, peoplw want to play multiplayer. This is what Triumph did, they only use online DRM which is enough because single player can be cracked anyway with any type of DRM.

Gaunathor: -You can play the game in singleplayer without any restrictions.
You cant play AOW 3 without restrictions, u are in "guest" mode. Is like telling you: "Dude, you will create a account or I will label you as Noob because you will use the Noob mode which is for Noobs, you Noob :P". You cant even save you settings or play DLC on "Noob" mode. They say that this is a bug but trust me, is harder to develop a way to save the settings online instead of a way to save the settings in a small ini file. Games had offline profiles (without being labeled as "Guest") since day one, is so easy to have a offline profile... at least you want to make them use the DRM even on the mode than can be cracked anyway...

Gaunathor: -Same for multiplayer via LAN or TCP/IP.
AOW 3 has no TCP/IP and LAN requires internet connection/authentication.

Gaunathor: -There is also the option to play online via the Battle.net, but you need to create an account to do so.
Which is DRM, as I have already said. When you connect to Battle.net it will check your serial number, same for AOW3.

Gaunathor: If it is DRM, isn't it extremely ineffective? It only affects those who actually use the Battle.net. Everyone else can do with the game what they want, which is contra to what DRM is about.
Who doesn't use Battle.net?!?! Diablo 3, for example, is all about Battle.net. Do you think that WOW has over 8000000 subscribers by chance and Guild Wars 2 even more? single player is a thing of the past and is free, always was and always will be.
Gaunathor: works perfectly fine using the guest account, including the DLC. The only problem is, that the settings don't get saved, but that is going to get fixed in the upcoming patch. So, I can't agree with this assessment.
Hmm, just tested DLC really works in guest mode. Review that I read was wrong. Still guest mode sounds bad, even with fix for settings.
Gaunathor: The CD-requirement for Diablo 2 has been removed several patches ago, so that is a non-issue by now.
Then it can be called DRM-free.
Gaunathor: As for LAN and TCP/IP, that's not in AoW 3, nor is it planned as far as I heard. Though PBEM is supposed to eventually get added.
Bad to hear. My own opinion about lack of LAN is bad. And I'm not the only one. I have strong feeling that I'm right here. Triumph not EA, they have my trust. Same time they messing with things that are not fair and good for any game.
Kardwill: I'm not happy either about the "registration only multiplayer", but it's a little harsh to say that single player is only a "demo access"
Yes, it's harsh. But still present form of single player is not appropriate at all to sale product in. Costly product, btw.