The year is 2104 and humanity is engaged in a fratricidal war between the inhabitants of Earth and colonized Mars. After weeks of fierce battles and heavy losses, an opportunistic alien force emerges from the depths of space and threatens to take over the solar system - just when humanity is in its weakest and most divided state.
You will have to explore and conquer the galaxy as the head of your fleet, planning colonization, terraforming planets, managing your resources and deciding on the appropriate technological research to lead mankind where you want it to go. Research, combined with a top-notch spy network, will enable you to survive in a stellar system which is much more dangerous than it would first appear to be. Who says that space is empty? Black holes, asteroid fields, nebulas, cosmic clouds and wormholes as well as alien races make each fleet sortie a perilous affair.
Can you stand up for the challenge?
Age requirements: ESRB Rating: TEEN with Violence., PEGI Rating: 3+
Minimum system requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1 GHz Processor (1.4 GHz recommended), 256MB RAM (512 recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 8.1 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), Mouse, Keyboard.Patched to version 2.01
Posted on 2009-05-26 12:53:12 by NFXFSX:
Haegemonia may not be a big hit but it is a great RTS. Homeworld may conquer the space-based RTS genre but Haegemonia tries to expand on what Homeworld did. From the expanded research to managing planets. All the things in the game have counters and the technology will either help you win or be your demise. It's up to the choices you make to determine who will conquer the systems.read more And for a game made years and years ago the graphics still hold up to this day. The music is another great spot as it gets more intense with the scale of the battles. With epic music, large explosions, wreckage floating all around, and laser fire, this is a must if you love space RTS games.
Was this helpful?(71 of 80 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2009-06-08 10:44:36 by hort_wort:
This game is like Homeworld in that you move space forces around and research tech. It is also like Civilization in that you manage planet production as though it were a city. There is a main campaign that shows you how humanity stumbles through the galaxy, going on missions to protect shipping, steal alien designs, and such. It kept me coming back until completion, which getsread more it an automatic 3 stars. It gets a 4th star for being replayable, I'll probably come back to it in a few months.
But there are a few flaws that keep it from getting that 5th star.
* The voice acting and dialogue are terrible. The intro movie has the guy putting emphasis on the wrong words, and that made me roll my eyes right away.
* The mission objectives aren't clear because of the poorly written script. For example: I am asked to evacuate a civilian station. How? I moved a few ships over to it, but nothing happened. About 20 minutes later, I got a message that it was too late and everyone was dead.
* Ships using different weapon types all look the same. That's just lazy guys, come on. My Ion cannon corvette shouldn't be identical to my Missile launching corvette.
* Items that you can research don't all appear on the screen unless you turn down your resolution. That really should've been patched.
* The unit caps affect the class of unit, but there are only "military", "spy", and "special" in the game. The problem is that "special" contains probe, different resource gathering units, and battlestations. It doesn't make any sense that a $50 probe counts the same toward a unit cap as a $5000 battlestation. You end up having an ore mine and a probe and oops! You've hit your limit! No battlestations for you!
* The expansion pack only has skirmish missions, no continuation of the campaign. :-( Minus 1 star for making a skirmish only expansion pack!
Was this helpful?(71 of 87 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2009-07-08 18:33:55 by FabMan:
No space RTS game compares favorably against Homeworld. However as a game in it's own right it's very good, it's well made and visually impressive at the time of release. I enjoyed the story a lot as well, kinda reminded me of Babylon 5 for some reason... maybe because of the main ship you use.
Was this helpful?(30 of 38 people found this helpful)
See all user reviews (26)
show more GOGmixes
© 2007 MC2 France. All Rights Reserved