Teslagrad is a 2D puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key to go throughout the game, and thereby discover the secrets kept in the long abandoned Tesla Tower. Gain new abilities to explore a non-linear world with more than 100 beautiful hand-drawn environments, in a steampunk-inspired vision of old Europe.
You play as a young boy who suddenly finds himself embroiled in a long-forgotten conspiracy, involving the despotic king who has ruled the nation with an iron fist for several years. Jump into an outstanding adventure told through voiceless storytelling, writing your own part. Armed with ancient Teslamancer technology and your own ingenuity and creativity, your path lies through the decrepit Tesla Tower and beyond.
Minimum system requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, Dual Core 2GHz Processor (Dual Core 4 GHz recommended), 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended), Hardware Accelerated Graphics with dedicated memory (Hardware Accelerated Graphics with 1 GB memory recommended), 1 GB of available HD space.
Minimum system requirements (Mac): OSX 10.7.0 or later, Dual Core 2GHz Processor (Dual Core 4 GHz recommended), 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended), Hardware Accelerated Graphics with dedicated memory (Hardware Accelerated Graphics with 1 GB memory recommended), 1 GB of available HD space. Patched to version 1.2
Posted on 2014-03-20 10:54:11 byrhoelzl:
- Beautiful art style, similar to and even better than Braid.
- Excellent soundtrack.
- Great game mechanics.
- Very clever, non-repetitive puzzles.
- Nice story.
- Intelligent boss fights.
- Very motivating despite the problems.
- Reminds me of Within a Deep Forest.
- The difficulty level is very high. One dies ALL THE TIME.
- Everything is designed very close to theread more theoretical limit: Platforms are often so far apart that you have to jump almost with perfect accuracy; time-critical puzzles are often designed so that even losing a fraction of second will make it impossible to do.
- The physics engine produces absolutely non-reproducible results.
- No quicksave, instead check points, and too few of them. Because there often is no checkpoint before a difficult part, you will have to replay easy parts over and over again. No checkpoints at all during the very difficult boss fights.
- Regularly, one dies for reasons one could not have foreseen. A lot of learning by heart is required, especially for the boss fights. Here you have to learn a complex choreography by heart, because everything is so time critical you need to know where to stand when exactly.
- Keyboard controls are horrible. A gamepad is only slightly better.
- Controls have reproducible bugs.
An awesome game that could have been on par or better than Braid. It is sad that the developers exclude 95% of possible players.
Was this helpful?(26 of 27 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2013-12-17 08:09:06 byvolcom:
A great puzzle-plattformer. The elecricity (and other capabilities) makes for interesting puzzles, and it's interesting to explore the levels. When it comes to graphics and sound it's all good. Charming and functional! The controls are nice, even though I'm having some problems with my controller (XBOX360). I haven't looked too much into this yet, though. Extra credits to the boss fights.
Was this helpful?(24 of 31 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2014-01-02 05:49:09 byZaphon:
What is interesting about this game is not how difficult it is or how vulnerable you are, but the magnet mechanics and satisfying navigation and puzzle solving. I wish there was more focus on making the latter aspects more fun and forgiving. But it is still a really cool game! My complaints are most applicable to boss fights; the ways in which you beat 'em are fun ('solving theread more boss puzzle'), but the enjoyment's dampened by some frustration because of how unforgiving and reliant on memorization the fights are. That aside, a very good first effort from this team!
Sweet, painterly art & animation, and mad props for the successfull wordless storytelling!
Was this helpful?(6 of 7 people found this helpful)
See all user reviews (6)
©2013 Surprise Attack Pty Ltd