Raiden Legacy is a power-packed compilation including 4 titles from the mega-popular Raiden arcade series: Raiden, Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2, and Raiden Fighters Jet. Originally developed by Seibu Kaihatsu, each of these classic scrolling shooters has not only been authentically recreated for PC, but also enhanced with exclusive features!
An invasion of Earth by an alien race known as the Cranassians threatens humanity’s very existence. To repel the onslaught, the World Alliance Military launches a daring counter-attack with a powerful new weapon: Raiden, a supersonic attack fighter. The Cranassians are closing in as you take the controls. It’s up to you to utilize Raiden’s powerful weaponry against waves of enemy ships, and save the human race!
Minimum system requirements: Windows XP SP 3 / Vista / 7 / 8, Dual Core 2GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, Graphics: video card supporting OpenGL 2.0, 128MB of VRAM, 500MB HDD.
Minimum system requirements (Mac): OS X 10.7.0 or later. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz+ Memory: 1GB of RAM Graphics: 128 MB of video memory with OpenGL 2.0 support, Recommended two-button mouse, or Apple mouse with Secondary Button / Secondary Click enabled. Patched to version 1.2
Posted on 2013-05-16 09:56:26 byBigTinz:
This is a very surprising release that's worth your time and money. For most of the world, the Raiden series, along with arcades has faded into obscurity...but here you can own a massive collection of some of the finest vertical shmups around for under $10! While not a "bullet hell" shooter the Raiden series packs enough thumping music, hidden scoring and fast paced dodging andread more shooting to entertain players for a LONG time. While Raiden games have a history of eventually getting a PC release, I want to stress how uncommon an English collection of this quality really is.
Make sure to go for a 1 credit clear and post your scores on the forums!
Was this helpful?(41 of 44 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2013-05-25 08:40:00 byghostgate2001:
Can't say I'm impressed with Raiden Legacy. If you have access to a US/JP Xbox 360 then you're FAR better off getting "Raiden Fighters Aces" for that machine. It's the same set of games, minus "Raiden."
This PC version, as it stands, has many problems:
* The emulation is poor, with frequent "hitches" marring gameplay. The 360 version is near-perfect, even (optionally) emulatingread more the coin-op's unusual 54fps refresh.
* The 360 version supports gameplay recording upload and download. It's instructive to see how the world's best achieved their scores.
* The game doesn't seem to save local high-scores, let alone offer the 360 version's online leaderboards. Shoot 'em ups are all about score, so a shoot 'em up that doesn't remember your scores is arguably a pointless thing, period.
* Auto-fire just fires CONSTANTLY instead of only auto-firing when you hold the button down. Odd choice.
* The interface is badly thought-out, i.e. if you play on keyboard and pause the game, you have to use the mouse to resume playing. As you can imagine, by the time you have your hand back on the keyboard you're already dead! And the game doesn't even hide the mouse pointer while you're playing.
When PC gamers have the option of playing these games for free via MAME, the developer really needed to go the extra mile to make this an attractive purchase.
Was this helpful?(43 of 52 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2013-05-16 10:00:52 byMischiefMaker:
There is a huge gulf in quality between shmups like Raiden, designed and playtested for the arcade, whose commercial success is measured by repeat customers, and PC-exclusive shmups like Raptor.
These are ports of 4 classic arcade shmups, albeit with the difficulty toned down a bit (5 lives, no option to change) and a strange autofire that shoots fastest when you AREN'T holdingread more down the fire button(?)
Changes aside, these are excellent shmups that will devour hours and hours of your time if you devote yourself to high scores and the elusive 1-credit-clear.
Be warned, credit-feeding your way to the end credits in an arcade game is like playing through an FPS using the God cheat. You'll only rob yourself of the real experience
Was this helpful?(28 of 31 people found this helpful)
See all user reviews (27)
show more GOGmixes
RAIDEN, RAIDEN FIGHTERS, RAIDEN FIGHTERS II and RAIDEN FIGHTERS JET © SEIBU KAIHATSU