Octodad: Dadliest Catch is about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about daily life.
Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.
Minimum system requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz or equivalent(Intel Core i5 2.8Ghz or equivalent recommended) Memory: 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended), Graphics: Intel Core HD Graphics (3000/4000), NVIDIA 8800 GT, ATI Radeon HD 4850 or better ( midrange NVIDIA GeForce 400, AMD Radeon HD 5000 or better recommended) , DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card, 2 GB hard drive space, keyboard, mouse.
Minimum system requirements (Mac): OS X 10.7.0 or later. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz or equivalent (Intel Core i5 2.8Ghz or equivalent recommended), Memory: 3 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended), Hard drive space: 2 GB Graphics: Intel Core HD Graphics (3000/4000), Nvidia GeForce GT 330M, ATI Radeon HD 4850 or better (GeForce GT 650M, AMD Radeon HD 6750M or better recommended) , Recommended two-button mouse, or Apple mouse with Secondary Button / Secondary Click enabled. Patched to version 1.010512
Posted on 2014-01-31 04:45:55 bysuitata:
This was definitely a good experience.
- Looks great, very colorful and smooth animation as octodad wiggles around.
- Good voice acting and funny dialog. Alot of indie game references as well that I found amusing.
- Fun game play. Frustrating is the intention, just have fun with it.
- Short. I beat it in less than 2 hours. I will go back and try to beat the challengedread more times on each level, as well as find all of the hidden neck ties. But if you aren't into getting extras, this game will be done in about 2 hours.
- Near the end of the game there is a section where you cannot be seen by people at all. One part in particular was poorly designed. Overall the gameplay had few flaws though.
The original octodad game is available for download for free. Try that if you just want an idea of the gameplay. I would recommend getting this game though, it's very well done.
Was this helpful?(26 of 28 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2014-01-30 14:01:05 byTallima:
Octodad is a fun little experience where you try to act like a human using awkward controls and real physics. You get tangled up, stick to objects and get yourself into some genuinely funny experiences just trying to get through each chapter.
If you want to have a good laugh with a small group of friends, this is a game to pick up.
Was this helpful?(25 of 32 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2014-01-30 14:37:28 bykajinek100:
-Doing simple tasks like chopping woods or mowing lawner is much more funnier than in real life.
- There is a local coop. Your friends can control legs or arms.
- Xbox controller support. Did not try just saw in settings.
- Funny lines from bystanders when you cannot properly control your character.
- Stylish graphic with AA and physics.
- Nice voice acting of your main character.read more :D
- Crazy but simple story.
- There are hidden ties as achievement.
- Funny intro song. It is in trailer
Better to play with friends.
Was this helpful?(23 of 34 people found this helpful)
See all user reviews (8)
show more GOGmixes
©Young Horses, Inc. All Rights Reserved.