Dodge, shoot, and explode across the Solar System as a crew of intelligent and dangerous chickens determined to reach the Sun and take out every remnant of humanity along the way. As the pilot of The Golden Eagle, it's your duty to keep Colonel Ram and Professor Bez out of harm's way as they squabble about ethics and who last used the bathroom.
You'll manage this task with burning plasma, smoking bullet cartridges, and daring maneuvers through asteroid belts. Some may discover a profound message, while others will be content with sidling harmfully across this horizontal vision of the future that comes handily embalmed with explosions.
Minimum system requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, Intel Core2 Duo 2.20 GHz or Athlon X2 2.4 GHz processor or faster, 2 GB RAM, DirectX 9.0c-compatible video card with 512 MB VRAM, DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card, 600 MB HDD, keyboard, mouse. Compatibility notice: The game may work with some integrated graphics cards but they are not supported. Patched to version 1.1
Posted on 2013-07-19 08:47:37 byMorty_P:
The production values are nice, the concept is...unique to say the least, but the actual gameplay is decidedly average. Therein lies the real issue with this game, despite what the other reviews here will tell you, HMA does NOT know what it is, and that is a shoot'em'up. The focus is more on the shop and making sure you have the exact equipment to get through the next bite-sizedread more level of pure chaos rather than being a coherent shooting experience. Had this been five long levels with a shop in between it would have been a much better experience for it. As it stand though you'll spend most of your time reading dialog, buying and selling the same gear over and over again in the shop to suit the level you just tried and got raked over the coals in for not having the exact weapon you need. At the end of the day there just isn't a lot of shooting in this shooter. Too many buttons, too many micro stages over in the blink of an eye, too many screens to flip through. If you want to make a shooter make sure your controls are tight, your weapons are crazy and you don't bury your actual game underneath all the elements a shmup isn't know for.
Was this helpful?(36 of 44 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2013-07-11 15:04:10 byAlienMind:
- Remember the godlike demoscene music from One Must Fall or Crusader? This game has that!
- No "rogue like", "procedurally generated" stuff. That means: Every level on the same difficulty level has always the same great hand-tuned gameplay (based on that you have to choose where you are and how much "juice" your two guns and turrets still have) and can be perfected by you.
- Earlierread more (easier) areas can be revisited to master them (100% and all the content) which helps you in later levels.
- Oldschool. No 360degree all-over-the-place confusion. Scrolling is horizontal only and you gotta blast everything or the objects "scroll away". Clean look, enemies are easy discernable from your turrets or you.
- Upgrade your ship! (Sadly no sex deck ;)
Was this helpful?(29 of 44 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2013-07-22 18:44:53 bysaverio001:
Despite excellent artwork, the game is just not fun to play.
You are forced to go back over and over to 'collect eggs', puzzle elements are awful, the game forces you to stop shooting to 'save energy', the 'fade to black' transitions make the whole thing feels unfinished and ugly.
I expected G-darius or R-type, got another below average shooter. A missed opportunity.
Was this helpful?(13 of 16 people found this helpful)
See all user reviews (23)