It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks! i already installed one to execute the game on widescreen, and works very fine.
I also highly recommend T2 water and T2 skies -they are a masterpiece, especially the skies.
added a ftp mirror: [url=ftp://djriff.homeftp.net/projects/tgfix/tfix_1.09.7z]ftp://djriff.homeftp.net/projects/tgfix/tfix_1.09.7z[/url]

special thanks to Riff from the Thief2 Tafferpatcher team!
I'm just now installing the GOG version of Thief Gold (had the CD version before using DDFIX).

Just for fun I install the GOG version and launch the game. No patches. No fan fixes. 100% pure GOG release. I press to go forward and I launch at light speed everywhere I move. I thought this was fixed? Out of the box the GOG game isn't working correctly :/

This was only mildly irritating because DDFIX is supposed to solve this. I install DDFIX (as I have hundreds of times on my CD version) and now the game won't launch. Windows is looking for a fix :/

Out of frustration, I install the widescreen patch for DDfix. Now the game will launch but I get an "unsupported resolution" and all the colors are messed up. (1920x1080... same I have used for a long time)

Not only does the naked GOG game not work, but DDFIX isn't working for me on the GOG version. I've tried 3 different versions of DDFIX. I'm not interested in anything else... just the actual game and a resolution that doesn't make me nauseous. How is everyone else getting around this?

Thanks.

Edit: Even though I just want Widesscreen and a playable speed, I tried TGFix on a clean install. Game won't launch.

I downloaded Thief fresh. The new file was 3MB larger in size (640MB) than the previous installer. So I installed it fresh and it won't launch at all. So the "newer" GOG thief that is 100% GOG only install won't even launch.

Grrr... Thief worked great from the CDs, I'd hate to have to revert to those after buying the GOG version. :(
Post edited June 21, 2012 by user deleted
just run TFix and deselect the graphics mods in the installer. ddfix will be patched in with all the correct modifications.
voodoo47: just run TFix and deselect the graphics mods in the installer. ddfix will be patched in with all the correct modifications.
Thanks, but already tried...

I am confused why your installer would work by deselecting all apps(just leaving DDFix), as apposed to just using DDFIX? Either way, I have already tried both with no luck. Hopefully GOG can help me figure this out. As it stands the GOG installer isn't working on a clean install without ANY extras... So I would rather figure this part out first.
some basic troubleshooting tips are in the readme, and you could post your full system specs, maybe we can figure something out.
Posting the solution in case anyone runs into this... It was Open AL. I believe I used this for the CD versions of Thief for a reason I can't remember. Since it was installed and working with the CD version of Thief... it was very alarming that I could never get the GOG version to work. Additionally I found that the Witcher (GOG version) stopped working. I was getting a message that I did not meet the min requirements and the known fix for that didn't work. I was uninstalling everything to prepare for a format and kept trying it after every app/change. As soon as OpenAL was removed Thief and Witcher both started to work again.

My Thief install is now a single .bat file rather than about a dozen fan installers from before... WOOT!
voodoo47: I also highly recommend T2 water and T2 skies -they are a masterpiece, especially the skies.
Dowloading! :)
hucklebarry: As soon as OpenAL was removed Thief and Witcher both started to work again.
noted, and added to the first post.
The new Skies rocks! but the water give me a graphic glitch in the skies! so strange... so i decided just install the skies.
Currently I'm working with a copy installed from a DVD Thief series collection on Win7. Thief Gold seemed to work at first (including the cutscenes), but it would always crash a few minutes into the first mission. I downloaded the DDFix and now the colors in the cutscenes are messed up - it looks like they're playing in 256 color.
the cutscenes are pixelated an look bad by todays standards - are you sure it's not just that? what version of ddfix did you install?
They looked okay before I installed DDFix (version 9), so it's not just that. It's more than pixelation; the colors look ugly and different from usual.
try making a screenshot. also, I'm not aware of any "9" version of ddfix, the latest one is 1.5.12, other commonly used ones are 1.5.5 and 1.1.1 (and perhaps 1.3.11).