It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Id be willing to take the spot, might as well double up on my games.
Don't we have some kind of procedure for when strangers enter the school?

I NEED AN ADULT! I NEED AN ADULT!

(School themed joke, not representative of my character/role in the game, just trying to have a bit of fun while we're off topic :P )
I am going to unvote until the replacement has a chance to chip in, then. Baz has been at L-1 for a bit, and it would be a waste for the replacement to start reading and posting and then halfway through discover that D1 has ended.

Plus Ubivis should be on eventually too and maybe he can reply to that in day 1.
What I'm finding odd is the fact that Baz has been at L-1 for hours, yet not been lynched!

Grrrr....this whole thing does my head in! If Baz is town, I would guess the mafia have already all voted for him? Or dont want to bring down the hammer to seem suspicious?

If Baz is Mafia, obviously other Mafia wouldn't hammer him.

I cant work it out. Personally I am still pretty sure he is Mafia, but I can't get my head round the different reasons why he hasn't been lynched yet.

A good nights sleep is called for (1am IRL here!)
I agree with jesskitten, I think we should hold off doing anything new until the replacement gets chosen. That way, they can have an easier time catching up.
Also, I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. It's cause he's in the first column in my spreadsheet. No wonder you didn't like my vote analysis post, heehee.

@Zchinque.

Zchinque: Reconsider your position, you say? You don't have a position - you're not voting.

Yes, I am calling out your fence sitting.

Now please vote. Kthxbai.

Screw that, I'm calling out your fence sitting.
Zchinque: I'm gonna unvote for now. No one else seems particularly interested in Al1 right now, so it's not a very productive vote, and I hope to get a reread done today or tomorrow, depending on how long I nap for.
In any case, when I'm done with the reread, I should probably have some analysis and a new vote.
Now about fence-sitting and not voting. You grilled Al1 about this and not voting, so it's only fair that someone points out, you have not voted since your unvote in #192. Opinions and reads and a vote, please?
Robbeasy: What I'm finding odd is the fact that Baz has been at L-1 for hours, yet not been lynched!
Not nearly as much as I do, I'd wager.

On the other hand, being there for so long did wonders to my stress levels. At this point, I've reached a zen-like state. I've said all I can and I'm not going to reread anything and spin wild theories in case I'm about to die in a few hours. I just exist here.
Start of a new day (IRL) - and a question I'd like to throw out there to other players.

Whats the general read on players that don't contribute all that much early on?

Is the GOG game a little different because of the wildly differing timezones for all the different people?

I reckon people who don't contribute too much early on are a little dubious. We should be conversing and discussing as much as possible to try and root out the scum, sitting back and saying nothing helps in no way at all.

Is there an argument the other way? That its good for the Town? Enlighten me, someone...

I've not gone back and done any post counts, nor do I keep spreadsheets - thats a bit too much for me (time constraints dont help, I'm supposed to be working right now..;o), so I'm not even 100% sure, but it seems to me Azarr, Pazzer and Enterprise2004 are quiet? Plus AL1 of course, but the new player will change that....

The kicking of AL1 got me thinking about it. Theres just so much to consider.

Still consider Bazilisek Mafia - the fact he wasn't lynched at L-1 makes me lean even more that way - the chances of all 3 Mafia already voting for him are slimmer than it being just two or one (i think!), and If there was a Mafia with a vote I cant believe that if Baz isn't Mafia they didn't take the chance to bring the hammer down.

But what do I know..;o) Had more than one theory blown away by other players, who rightly point out gaping flaws in my logic!
Quiet? Perhaps compared to most in this game. But I do post.

Most I just like to think before I speak. Sometimes I do it too much. Mostly I'm just reading through the thread, trying to see I can find something. Can't say I'm the best at this, though.

There are people I might suspect, or have suspected, but I either don't think I have enough to say anything on the matter or vote, or perhaps someone comes along and ruins that theory for me.

Also, the one who brings the hammer down, as you put it, on Bazilisek will look suspicious, by default, if he/she/whatever turns out to be town.
Probably the same for not voting, if he/she/whatever turns out to be mafia. But hardly that important here, I think.

It's almost impossible to tell when the mafia has voted, but they certainly don't want to vote last for a townie.
Bazilisek could be mafia, but I'm not sure enough to vote for him/her/whatever.
wow lots of interesting developments. My 2 main suspects appear to be town, unvote Typhoon45

Am naturally quiet more so here as trying to get to grips with how game works. Will try to post more.

@ Zchinque who are you suspicious of and why didn't you role claim at L-2?
I was quiet in the beginning, but I'm trying to make more of an effort to be more vocal now.

I just can't always figure out something new to say, even though I've read all the posts, others seem to be really good at picking up on things I didn't notice. Jesskittens post analysis made me feel like I'm in the presence of Sherlock Holmes.

My vote is remaining with bazilisek for now, Ubivis is suspect, and with Typhoon claiming Tracker, I'm holding off on judgment until the replacement gets here. Just in case Typhoon is pulling a fast one.
@Robb Not sure, hard to say. Hard to get a read on them early on so they usually go a couple days in without too much suspicion, bit they usually get lynched eventually because since they have less posts, they get much more scrutiny on each post (cause there's nothing else to analyze about them). Sometimes one or two scum manage to lurk all the way to endgame though, but some people just plain play that way no matter their alignment. Usually one way to get them to talk and decide on them, is to attack them and see how they respond, even if you don't strongly believe they're Mafia. Like Zchinque said, force them to leave a paper trail.

I don't think timezones are a problem, because they would still at least post once a day, which is more than sufficient. Newness to the game could be a factor to why some people post less though, or just general anxiety (whether town or scum). And it's not a strong scumtell by itself because some people tend to lurk with power roles too.. usually the noisy ones like us tend to be all vanilla or unimportant townies. :P

@Azarr Not at all suspicious if a mafia was to hammer, regardless of whether Baz is town or not. Because of the exact argument you use, the next argument would be whoever hammered (because someone has to hammer the daily lynchee eventually) would be town because Mafia would never do such a thing because everybody knows it is too obvious and puts too much pressure on them. Therefore Mafia could do it and use that reverse argument. But then maybe because they know everyone else knows they could, so they don't, etc. It's WIFOM (wine in front of me) though definitely worth watching, but I think it doesn't really say much about whether Mafia is on the wagon or not, and whether Baz is or not.

@Pazzer Who is (or was) your other main suspect that appears to be town now, besides Typhoon?

@enterprise Just a running commentary of your opinions (like that last paragraph) is always good. An extra pair of (hopefully townie) eyes reading always helps and may eventually catch something. :) Especially if you think you catch something or disagree strongly with an opinion or general read. It's a group effort overall to root out the scum, after all!
Hi everyone, looks like Ive officially replaced Al1. Im not sure if he had cast a vote yet but just in case,

unvote

now ive gotta do a full read through, which could take a bit...
Zchinque: By the way, Jess, if you like reading mafia games, I suggest reading this one. It just might be the best mafia game ever. It's the Boatmurdered of mafia games.
Completely out of game remark now:

Thanks for the link, Z, I've been going through this all day. It's the single greatest whodunnit I have ever read. Fantastic.

And yay for Nazarush joining in! Good to know this thread will (hopefully) get going again.
Zchinque: By the way, Jess, if you like reading mafia games, I suggest reading this one. It just might be the best mafia game ever. It's the Boatmurdered of mafia games.
bazilisek: Completely out of game remark now:

Thanks for the link, Z, I've been going through this all day. It's the single greatest whodunnit I have ever read. Fantastic.

And yay for Nazarush joining in! Good to know this thread will (hopefully) get going again.
((Hey, stop trying to influence the newcomer and earn brownie points before he has a chance to read through the thread!! Nazarush you need to vote baz anyway! Just kidding. :P Form your own opinion is for the best.

Also only into about 25 to 30 pages on that one but fun so far too! I don't know how epic it turns out in the end, but those complex games are awesome to read. Look up on Mind Screw [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/archive/viewtopic.php?t=9269]2 [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13845]4 on Mafiascum too. Love those games (though I don't know how they compare to this one as I haven't finished reading - and won't till Monday or Tues when bored at work).))