It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

N0x0ss: ...Vitec,...
VITEK! VITEK! VITEK!
Any other participant wanna lynch me ?
I'm still suspicious of gameon right now; as I said in post 148, his voting has been all over the place, and he's not justified any of them. That has not changed.
boct1584: I'm still suspicious of gameon right now; as I said in post 148, his voting has been all over the place, and he's not justified any of them. That has not changed.
gameon: Unvote Nmillar

Vote boct1584
I don't know whether you're trying to get yourself lynched to move the game forward or what, but you do realize this is exactly what boct's talking about, right?
Gazoinks: I don't know whether you're trying to get yourself lynched to move the game forward or what, but you do realize this is exactly what boct's talking about, right?
gameon: Yes and to the other point, yes.
That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure you weren't just being incredibly stupid. :P
Gameon ain't incredibly stupid, he's just incredibly impatient.
Impatience is not an excuse for the way you've been playing.
I am dead serious. You're not even trying to contribute, you're just following n0x0ss's lead. Either both of you are Mafia and you in particular are bad at this game, or you're just bad at this.
boct1584: I am dead serious. You're not even trying to contribute, you're just following n0x0ss's lead. Either both of you are Mafia and you in particular are bad at this game, or you're just bad at this.
He is definitely acting weird, but I find it fairly plausible that he just wants to get the game moving. Unless he's trying to get us to not lynch him by asking us to lynch him (which is so circular it collapses on itself) it'd be an incredibly, ridiculously stupid move if he was mafia.
N0x0ss: ...
Secondly, gameon wants only one thing... to get the game moving.
This is why he voted nolynch when I proposed it'd be good to let the game move instead of stagnate. This is also why he voted agains nmillar when i told him i'd help the game move along if everybody votes against nmillar.

Now I think we all have a fear that this thread's gonna turn out to be like the mafia #11.
His only mistake is to push the game to go on... for god sake,even his username is game on, isn't it clear enough he just wants the game to go on ?

Unless you have stronger arguments, please proceed to useful voting.
Sorry if I'm rude, but it's obvious he doesn't really know what to do and is desperate to get the game moving.
Vitek: Why are YOU defending him so much? He should do this himself.
I see it more as N0x0ss explaining his feelings on gameon than defending him.....but that's just me.

N0x0ss: Well... I've figured out that You and gameon are townies because you agreed to vote nolynch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a townie, aren't you ?
Well now, i'm sure about it.
Vitek: Be careful with this. You can't declare people town because they agreed with you on 1 thing. They can have their own agenda why they did it or they could just try to appear town.
I wonder if you're offering kind advice here or just trying to spread suspicion among the town.

N0x0ss: Now if you truly believe I'm a scum, then please tell me, what would I benefit from, raising suspicion towards be by attacking harshly an-"up till know in the shadow guy"
when I could've just waited for the last nolynch vote to move on to night and kill ?
Vitek: So scum would want to no lynch to happen? I thought people wanting no lynch are townies?
Scum would probably want someone lynched to hopefully get two town kills in one day instead of one, but they'd probably be happy to get one kill and avoid the chance that the one lynched would be a fellow scum.

Gazoinks: EARLY GAME READS:
Vitek: Why did you left out matti, Violator and ayilen?
Good question.....maybe Gazoinks didn't have reads for those players yet for some reason? Maybe they're town and Gazoinks is scum and is trying to make the unmentioned players look to be scum in order to get people to lynch them?

Or maybe you're just trying to cast a light of suspicion on Gazoinks yourself?

GameRager: (I DO know, however, that constantly going from one bandwagon/high votecount to another is only going to keep us on a fast track to nowhereville....especially seeing as how most GOG mafia game OPs don't seem inclined to set deadlines if the games go into absurdly long "days". Will that happen here? It might. I hope it doesn't though.)
Vitek: Not necessarily true. Moving over several wagons can tell us a lot about people and could help us catch scum.
We can only get so much "intel" from reading into player replies from such bandwagons, with less and less chance of new insihts each time. Eventually it'll be less helpful to wait and more helpful(to the health of the game as a whole.) to move on.

boct1584: A question to the GOG Mafia veterans. What is the best manner, and when is the best time, to use the No Lynch option? I've never played a game where it was an option.
Vitek: Another desription of No Lynch, this time from mafiascum.net.

As you can see, none of them recommends no lynch as day 1 solution. No lynch is usually used in situation where lynch could mean the end of game and town want scum to kill someone to reduce poll of possible suspect or to gain a night of investigations. Or in some similar ways. If you check game 1 we nolynched there as we had no idea what to do and it didn't help us at all. We only used it here few times and it never helped anything.
It helps move the game along. And while nolynch might not be ideal/good idea for games moving at a regular(for mafia) pace, it can possibly be a big help to get a slow game moving.

N0x0ss: It's practically impossible to get a lynch ...

Considering there are indeed 3 mafia members :
It means that there are 9 townies,
So I have 6/8 people to convince if we need to lynch somebody (We need 7 votes to lynch somebody)
Now considering that the person we want to lynch is not a mafia, we'll have a better chance of lynching said person since the mafia will join us in the lynching process logically... meaning I'll have 6/10 people to "convince"..

I don't know about you but without any advantages for the townies, mafia seems to have a pretty great advantage...
I believe it's practically impossible to win :S... no matter what.

So let's lynch at random, and hope we've chosen a mafia ... or let them kill us one by one ?...
Vitek: And yet it happened thousand times in many mafia games across whole internet.
And you almost managed to get enough votes for nolynch, why shouldn't it be possible to gain enough people for lynch?

I know you looked at game 11 when preparing for this and there was nolynch on day 1 but it was the first game since game 1 when it happened, so it is not uncommon for us to reach coonsensus. Look at Game 10, that was game where wagons were proceeding nicely.
-----------------------------------------------
Also, you seem to have the impression that this game is dragging on but in my eyes it is quite standard speed, maybe ven one of the better ones, and there is quite a lot discussion going on. A lot of people managed to get some reads, they already have their arch-nemesis and so on. Bear in mind that day 1 is usually the longest one and next days get a lot shorter in most instances.
----------------------------------------------------

And last but it is the most improtant part of this post: N0x0ss, it's VITEK!!!! ;-)
(Well technically it's VÍTEK but whatever. :-))
You even copy it correctly from other people's posts and then still manage to twist it in next sentence. :-p
I'm willing to bet that for many games where consensus was achieved regularly there are similar examples of games dying/nearly dying from not being able to achieve a consensus on one or more days. Past experiences don't necessarily indicate or predict the way in which similar present/future experiences will go.

Also(imo) with so many unknowns I think it would likely be easier for most to vote nolynch than pick someone as most of us don't have much to go on with which to cast a serious(non random, etc.) vote atm.
----------------------------------------------
I'd have to agree with you.....the game seems to be moving along nicely(barring a few slow irl days when no one posted), with plenty of discussion. I just hope we don't take months to get over the dreaded day one hump, is all. The could lead to the chance of people quitting for some reason, which I want to avoid(As if it started happening the game would have a higher chance of dying and I don't want to see that happen.).
--------------------------------------------
Hello Darth Vadertek......what is you command being? Lol...j/k :P

;)
Just to clarify: The main reason I left those 3 out of my reads was because they had been pretty inactive, so I missed them when I was scanning the thread. I'm gonna go scan back through the thread again, just to collate my thoughts a bit. Maybe I should start taking notes. :D
Gazoinks: Just to clarify: The main reason I left those 3 out of my reads was because they had been pretty inactive, so I missed them when I was scanning the thread. I'm gonna go scan back through the thread again, just to collate my thoughts a bit. Maybe I should start taking notes. :D
I know....I read your reply to that post after I read and replied to Vitek's long post. (Been going back a few pages as I had to catch up.)
So I don't know if other new players (which I think there are a few?) feel the same way, but one reason I haven't been posting as much is because, frankly, I don't have much to say!

Perhaps those with more experience are better able to read between the lines in all the posts to date, but for me at least, we haven't had a single death, and while there've been some changes in votes, I'm still unsure whether those changes were done out of thoughtful calculations based on their roles, spite between posters who had an issues with other posters, or just out of boredom and wanting to get the game moving.

So to sum up, I really want the game to move forward, not really out of impatience, but because I just think that as the game stands, there's nothing much to discuss, coz noone's dead and we can't analyze how people talked prior to a death.

And since I can't quite figure out how to read people this early in a game of mafia, I'm throwing my weight behind vote nolynch. I know this runs counter to what I said before about lynch/nolynch, but at the very least we'll have 1 death after the night kill, and then we can go to town (hur hur...) over what people were saying the "day before".
Also, a question I had, is there a fancy schmancy way of somehow selecting all posts by a particular user in a particular thread? That'd be useful here, if possible =)
aylien: So I don't know if other new players (which I think there are a few?) feel the same way, but one reason I haven't been posting as much is because, frankly, I don't have much to say!

Perhaps those with more experience are better able to read between the lines in all the posts to date, but for me at least, we haven't had a single death, and while there've been some changes in votes, I'm still unsure whether those changes were done out of thoughtful calculations based on their roles, spite between posters who had an issues with other posters, or just out of boredom and wanting to get the game moving.

So to sum up, I really want the game to move forward, not really out of impatience, but because I just think that as the game stands, there's nothing much to discuss, coz noone's dead and we can't analyze how people talked prior to a death.

And since I can't quite figure out how to read people this early in a game of mafia, I'm throwing my weight behind vote nolynch. I know this runs counter to what I said before about lynch/nolynch, but at the very least we'll have 1 death after the night kill, and then we can go to town (hur hur...) over what people were saying the "day before".
(Yes there are some newbies in this game.....AFAIK this is a mainly newbie game.) I feel the same way. We can make posts debating who is or isn't scum until the cows come home, but without much to go on atm(There isn't much to analyze by way of tells in the posts so far, at least none that I can see.) I think that to try to do so beyond a certain point is pretty much pointless. As such, I think going to the next day via nolynch would be the best option for the reasons you stated (And a few others.).

I dunno if we can get more people on the nolynch bandwagon again though. (I think we have 3[Including me and yourself.] voting that way atm.)